main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Midnight shows in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by stranger0, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stranger0

stranger0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    So, does anyone know if there are going to be any at all? Richmond Silvercity had one (the line up was on the news for a while too) but as far as I remember, that was it.

2. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Of course there will be... tickets have not gone on sale yet... no worries... all the SilverCity's will have the 1201am showings... no worries... Im geussing tixs will go on sale May 9!

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Is that confirmed with your theater....we are still waiting to here from our Silver City.

4. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Not confirmed... but Im willing to bet my unborn child that they will all have 1201 showings... and have tixs go on sale on May 9....

5. Koleman256k

Koleman256k Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    I emailed my Colossus in Langley about tickets. Me and a friend and his little brother are seeing as many shows as we can on the 19th, were hoping between 7-10 shows in a row. They have yet to get back to me, and that was about 2 weeks ago.

6. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Im going to see it in Langley too on the 16th and 17th Ive booked the days off work!!!

7. Koleman256k

Koleman256k Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    Ill be dressed up as Obi Wan and my buddy will be Dooku. We think were going to dress his little brother as a Tuskin Child!

8. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Ive just started makin my Anakin outfit... so I may wear... but I doubt itll be done in time...

9. stranger0

stranger0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    Actually the 3 I expect to have showings are Richmond, Langley and Metrotown. For some reason I don't think the Coquitlam one will (just one of those funny feelings)

10. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Im sure the Coquitlam one will have a 1201 showing... it is a big theatre in a big area!!
    Of course the other 3 will have em too!!!
    Im going to Langley...

11. Saberus

Saberus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    I hope to see it at Richmond since they have a digital projector at the Silver City.

12. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Where are you guys going to be camping out tickets??? And what time are you guys gonna arrive for camping out?

I'll be at Silvercity Riverport...probably around 8ish...or there abouts

13. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Im pretty certain that tickets are going to be sold on the net so Im thinking I might get them off there this time....
    Im going to see it out at SilverCity Colossus... last time I waited for tickets I sat on the ground for like 3 hrs... my butt was numb for a week!

Anyword yet on when tickets go on sale?

14. ImperialDrone1138

Mar 15, 2002
    No word yet. I'm going to Riverport later today. I'm gonna campout regardless...

15. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    ImperialDrone,
    have you called riverport yet. are they selling tomorrow?

16. ImperialDrone1138

Mar 15, 2002
    No i havent called them yet. Thats basically why im going there later today, to ask if they know when tickets are on sale...I guess I'll only be camping out if they are on sale tomorrow. I'll post what I find out.

17. Chill

May 2, 2002
    hope to hear from you ImperialDrone.

18. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Any word peeps??? If so email me at _5_1_5_0_@yahoo.com
    Im guessing there would have been a big announcement or something

19. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Hey everyone. I'm new to this board, im 17 and I live in north van. Anyways, I went out to SilverCity Riverport tonight, and all I can say is that place is messed up. They confirmed to me that tickets were on sale next friday, but their first showing is on May 24th!!! Something is seriously wrong there, and I came all the way back home to north van only to see on kcpq that in seattle they are getting their tickets tomorrow. What is going on here?? They are getting tickets tomorrow, and Lucasfilm hasn't even made an announcement like last year. I was prepared to camp out tonight, but now I have no idea what's going on. Next friday does make sense, and for some reason Canada is getting screwed once again. But for the first show on the 24th??? that is totally messed up. I guess im gonna head out to the other Silvercities in the area, coquitlam, metropolis, and ask their managers what they are doing on the weekend. if anyone finds anything else out be sure to post it. Thx. Maruuk

20. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    oh, and one other question. Has anyone at all been able to reach a REAL human being on the phone at a silvercity? I've tried like 3 different numbers for Riverport and all I get are recordings which give no intstructions on how to get additional info directly from the theatre.

21. ImperialDrone1138

Mar 15, 2002
    Sorry for taking so long to post. Well I did go to Riverport, and as posted above, tickets (supposedly) go on sale next thursday (May 9th). They are definitely going to have a midnight screening too. I didnt ask about when they have AOTC scheduled for release though...May 24th sounds really messed up, so you guys might wanna do you own inquiries to find out for sure.

22. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    There is a guy (dash101) on the Episode 2 forums saying he was on the phone with famous players Inc. and cineplex odeon and they confirmed to him that tixs in Canada will go on sale Monday May 6th. Can anyone back this up???

23. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    I also live in North Van.... and Im sticking with the fact that tixs will go on sale one week prior to AOTC opening... I say they will be on sale May 9... it makes sense... TPM opened May 19 and tix for that went on sale May 12... LOTR opened Dec 18 and tix for that went on sale Dec 11....

24. Chill

May 2, 2002
    that sounds like a great idea. from what info i'm gathering, famous players all over canada have yet to make a decision about aotc tix, but will make a decision on monday. then they will announce on tuesday and tix will go on sale on thursday (one week prior to opening). and as for those crazy people at riverport who said aotc is being released on may 24. LOL HAHAHA!!!! that seems highly unlikely and dumb. the release date for canada is that same as 80% of the world. if they wait till may 24 they'll be left out in business.

25. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Thats totally what I think Chill... Monday will be the announcement and Thursday will be the day they go on sale!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.