main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidSouth MidSouth Get-Together Planning!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nabooty_Call, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Attention, all MidSouth FanForce CR's and members!

If you'd like to be involved in a regional get-together some time this summer/fall, post here with ideas.

We have several conventions coming our way, but we could also meet up for a large group picnic, campout, or whatever you'd like.

Let's get together and plan this! :D

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I was really hoping to get together at Wizard World Con on November 21-23, 2003 in Arlington.

I posted a thread a while back about it in the SouthWest Regional Discussion forum too. But got no response :(

3. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    I think the Tulsa FanForce is currently planning to go to the Sci-Fi Expo/Comicon in October.

4. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Do you have any plans for the July show?

Billy Dee Williams, Jesse Jensen (Saesee Tiin), Warwick Davis, Matt Sloan (Plo-Koon Ep2) and Daniel Logan will be there. :)

5. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Hi Elizabeth, I know that some of us from SA are thinking about going to that show. That may be the one where I finally debut my Stormtrooper armor at . . .

As for a Mid-South Get-together, I'm definitely all for that !!!

We had talked about that in the past maybe having a Mid-South gathering at one of our wonderful state parks or at a river or lake.

I can mention a bunch of places but I'd like to hear what all people would be interested in more, whether in or outdoors and whether it be convention related or just a gathering.

Take Care Friends

John

6. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Do you have any plans for the July show?

Billy Dee Williams, Jesse Jensen (Saesee Tiin), Warwick Davis, Matt Sloan (Plo-Koon Ep2) and Daniel Logan will be there.

Actually, we don't. A couple of our members may go, but with Tulsa's main con, TrekExpo, just 2 weeks before, we'll be swamped with plans for it, and pretty exhausted afterwards, if last year is any indication. Of course, last year we got hosed by a local restaurant when we took Peter Mayhew to dinner.

7. Rycove

Rycove Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2001
    The Twin City Suns Chapter in Monroe/West Monroe would love to come to a mid south event. I personaly would like to meet up at a convention.

8. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Just wondering if any any other FanForces in the area will be at the Dallas ComiCon next weekend. A bunch of us from Tulsa will be there.

9. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    allot of use from oklahoma city will be there also see you there

10. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Yes, yes, come to Plano you must!

Bring costumes too, and a few extra bucks for dinner and we'll all go out Saturday night :D

11. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    we should know more by Wednesday as to what all we are doing for the weekend as we wanted to do some stuff down there like a possible lag-tag at laser quest in Plano and some other stuff we should know more on Wednesday

12. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    A couple of us from Lubbock will be at the October ComicCon, with the 501st.

Look for the Death Star Gunner, that's me! Come up and say "hi"... I'll give Rebels a bit of diplomatic lee-way. :D

13. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet par-tay. i'll be there.

14. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    We from Tulsa will definitely be bringing our costumes! :D

15. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    OK. We're all talking about going out to dinner on Friday to kick off this convention weekend here in Dallas. So we've decided upon what one of our members has said is one of the best Italian food places around. It's family owned in one of the suburbs here. Here's a link to the place.

A Taste Of Italy

I would suggest 7:30pm we all meet there. Anyone is welcome to join us. If you think you will be going, let us know so we can try to let the restaurant know how many will be coming, but but RSVP is not required. So far it looks like Amanda, Brian, Traci, myself and David from Houston FF will be there. We hope you will join us!

16. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    The majority of us in Tulsa will be driving down on Friday afternoon and so we won't be able to make dinner that night, but Saturday evening's a definite possibility. I'll talk to the group and see what they think.

17. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    the group from okc will be going to dinner at Magic Time Machine on Sat night, sorry i don't know excactly where it is but i heard it is a great place to go

18. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Magic Time Machine is off of the N.Dallas Toll road. here's what you can expect: food sucks, atmosphere is fantastic, prices are terrible. it's one of those things where you only go once a decade or so just to remember why you don't go more often. it's fun, but expensive. and pancho's has better food.

19. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    The Lubbock crew unfortunately will not be in time to make the Taste of Italy dinner (Brian, thanks much for the invite!) but are up for Saturday evening activities.

This looks like a great weekend! I'm really looking forward to meeting everybody, and seeing those of you I met at Imax last year again!

20. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Cool, looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend! Never been to Magic Time Machine before, could be interesting.

For the rowdier crowd, it's also right next door to a Hooter's restaurant, and that stretch of Belt Line Rd. has just about every other type of restaurant too!

See y'all this weekend! :D

21. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Magic Time Machine is off of the N.Dallas Toll road. here's what you can expect: food sucks, atmosphere is fantastic, prices are terrible. it's one of those things where you only go once a decade or so just to remember why you don't go more often. it's fun, but expensive. and pancho's has better food.

LOL! Well said, D_C! :D

22. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    thanks D-S. :)

looks like we have 11 folks that have said they're coming tonight. so i just made a reservation for 15 under the name "FanForce" at the restaurant. anyone is welcome tho.

see you all there!

23. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    NC and I talked a little about having a paintball match around October or November. I'm looking for a few places inbetween Waco and Dallas.

Anyone else interested?

24. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    How about a rap concert in New Orleans?

25. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.