main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest MidWest invite - A New Hope under the stars at a ball park - charity event -

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lovelucas, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    in Grand Rapids Michigan - White Caps ball park -

http://boards.theforce.net/grand_rapids_mi/b10607/24233499/p1/?18

Hey Troopers and Non-Troopers,

TD-1044 and I have been in contact with the Gameday Operations manager for the West Michigan WHITECAPS. They would REALLY love us to make an appearance at the Aug 19th evening game. They want us there SO much that they want to make that day STAR WARS day at the ball park. The game starts at 7pm and afterwards there will be a fireworks show. After the fireworks are over they are going to open up the field to anyone who wishs to stay and play STAR WARS: A New Hope on their big screen.

Brent (TD-1044) and I have set up a meeting with the Gameday Operations manager to discuss what all they want us to do and what all we CAN do. After this meeting we will be post more information pertaining to ways that we can raise charity funds while at the Ball Park and other stuff like that.

Let us know if you would be interested so that we have an idea of how many people we can expect.

****** AT A GLANCE ******

Date/Time:
    August 19th (TIME is TBD) Arrive at park at 3pm Game Starts @ 7pm

Who is invited:
    Everyone... With or without a costume. We will most likely need non-costumed help for this event. 501st/Rebel Legion and Fan Force

-----UPDATE NOTES 6-26-06----

Brent and I had a meeting with Mickey from the Whitecaps today. Here is a list of topics discussed.

1. Large room to change and store totes.
    Mickey said we can use the Whitecaps' main office to dress and store totes.

2. Will there be bottled water/Gatorade made available for troopers needing to replenish?
    Mickey said the Whitecaps will provide us with a cooler full of bottled water and other drinks. It'll be kept in the area we dress and store totes.

3. Will the Whitecaps promote the event and do 'mentions' of the 501st during games?
    Mickey said the Whitecaps will start doing 'mentions' about the event and posting our logo on the big screen to generate interest.

4. Darth Vader tossing out the ceremonial first pitch.
    Mickey suggested we have every 501st member in costume be on the field to throw out a first pitch.
    Members of the Whitecaps team will catch the pitches.

5. Allow for a display/photo space area on the concourse for us to use.
    Mickey said he'll look into setting aside an area for this. Somewhere on the first or third base side of the concourse.

6. Troopers should begin arriving at 5/3rd Ballpark around 3pm Saturday, August 19th. The Whitecaps will provide us with food and at that time we'll finalize things.
    Mickey says fans start arriving at the ballpark around 5:30pm to see batting practice.
    Troopers should be in costume around 5:00pm and head to their assigned locations
    Mickey will let us know when troopers will be needed for on-field, between-inning games with kids.

7. Star Wars Trivia questions will be made available on the big screen between certain innings.
    Mickey approved this during lunch but said we can't do it in between every inning.

8. Money for charity.
    Mickey has left this entirely up to us to decide. I will begin contacting my charity contacts.

9. Tickets and parking passes.
    Mickey said none of the costumers will run into issues with tickets or parking if they arrive at 3pm.

We'll need to compile a list of all the costumers who commit to do the 8/19 event and provide that to Mickey. That way if some of us arrrive late, the parking/ticket attendants can just cross you off the list and all should be good.

We are going to try and do a photo booth but we still need to work out the logistics. The park is being very flexible and is willing to help us out with almost anything we need.

-------------------------------------

Next month we might do some scouting at the ball park to get an idea of where we will be setting things up.

Attending Costumers (Update 7/11/06):
    - TX-338 (Donavon)
    - TD-1044 (Brent)
    - SL/TD-654 (Phil)
    - SL/TK-6740 (Lee)

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Sounds fun. I would love to go but that is mid-month and for me that means working required overtime...

But maybe I could convince The KC T-bones to do a similar event next year...We could make a roving Star Wars Day at the ball park every summer :p

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh, I wish I could go, but I'm going to Dragon Con at the end of the month and affording that is alreayd going to be difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.