main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest MidWest Newsletter Resurrected (The Workshop Edition)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hello Midwest! I?m Jedi_Dajuan, St. Louis? Co-CR and I am reviving the Midwest Newsletter. The goal of the newsletter is to keep one another up to date on the comings and goings of the Midwest Fan Force chapters. It will contain event updates, as well as changes in the Fan Force hierarchies, and other big announcements. Feel free to PM me, or post here, anything you would like listed in the newsletter. The official draft of the newsletter will be posted in the Mid West Regional Discussion board, Fan Force Activities board, and each Midwest Fan Force board.

My ultimate goal is to have monthly newsletters with weekly or biweekly updates to them. We shall see what happens with that, depends on Darth Real Life and what I get from all of you. I hope to have the first one ready by the end of July. It will contain the events for August and September, along with any major changes to the Midwest from now until then.

Like before, this thread will serve as a rough draft or workshop for the final newsletter. Just post whatever you want in the newsletter here. I will also be surveying everyone?s FF boards for news and events as well. So if I stick my head in your discussions here and there, you now know why.

Enjoy, and I hope to hear from you all soon!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The first thing I want to do is make sure I have the CR's and Co-CR's right for all of the FF clubs. Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these:

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  4. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Blasty Trooper is the Co-CR for Detroit. :)

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks ladies, fixed it. Keep the corrections and updates coming! I'll get the first draft the the newsletter up when I get back to StL.

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Currently working on putting the August news together. About half of the MidWest fan forces have heard from me in one way shape of form. As long as I don't forget who all I hit I will finish pestering everyone/lurking on their boards tomorrow.

7. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    The Des Moines fans recently met as part of starwars.meetup.com's monthly meetup day. It was the first time that sw fans in the area have met up, so I guess we don't have a CR (have no idea what that is. Chapter rep?) per say. I'm sure we would all be interested in hearing what other fan groups in the area are up to.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I updated a couple things. I hope to have the Mid-Rim up next week. Come forth with your news and updates!!

9. JediPatrick2177

JediPatrick2177 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2004
    Its pretty much been ok'd that they have nominated me as the Des Moines CR, JediPatrick, or Patrick Karnes, if you would like to get ahold of me you can email me at Felonious_Spellmaker2002@hotmail.com and you can reach me through MSN messenger by adding the same name. Thank you! Now if only getting more people were this simple <chuckles> see ya on the other side of the force

10. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    Des Moines's JEDIowan Council monthly meeting are the third friday of each month at 7:00 pm @ Cup o' Kryptonite.

We will be getting a new CR next month, so we will post the name after our next meeting on the 18th.

11. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    No really, Minnesota is still alive!
    We are just on our new boards at: http://p077.ezboard.com/bmnforce

MinnesotaJones stepped up as our new CR, and PadawanKate is our new Co-CR.

We usually have our meetings the 3rd weekend of the month (alternating between Saturdays & Sundays.) Our next public meeting is this coming Febuary 19th at Lava Links in Roseville at 3:30pm, and then dinner afterwards.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I knew about Minnesota, I just haven't updated this page in a while. The next newsletter should be up before March, Darth Real Life has caused me to slack a bit. Keep the news coming though!

13. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    JediPatrick has passed the CR job on to me.
    I'm already the leader of the Des moines meetup group.

Our next meeting is Mar .18th at 7:00
    @ Cup of Kryptonite

14. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    Heart of the Alliance FF will be at Planet Comicon Apr.2-3, 2005 at the Overland Park International Trade Center
    115th & Metcalf -- Overland Park, Kansas

More info as soon as it's availiable

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm working on a new edition of the newsletter. If anyone has any C3 or RotS stories or photo albums they'd like displayed in the newsletter drop me a PM.

16. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm CR for Springfield, MO :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.