main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Midwest Regional Meeting Planning thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    No, we just didn't have time to fit in everything and since the brewery is close to the main hotel, it was picked...

2. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    Reserved a room.

3. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks Lordstimpy!

Everyone make sure you keep us updated when you register or reserve a room. And please feel free to ask whatever questions you might have.:)

4. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
  5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Answers and updates.

1) Refunds will be available until 4/15/06. After that too many things will have been arranged and purchased with the money to get it back.

2) After a few PMs from artists upset that others changed and used parts of their designs it was decided that only logos and designs that did not use direct copies of other submitted designs would be eligible to be voted on. That seemed the most fair solution to the problem.

3) We asked Mirax80 to arrange the contest. So she did all the PMing to the artists. I believe she said something to everyone involved but I cannot speak for her. I am not pointing fingers, just saying that I cannot answer that question myself.

4) Shirts will be available to anyone who wants them even if they are not attending the meeting. We ask that orders be in by the first registration deadline to help us order an accurate amount (we will try to fill orders after that but no guarentees on availibity). The cost will be the cost of the shirt (not sure of that quite yet) plus $4.75 for shipping via priority mail.

That being said, I hope no one opts out of the meeting for something like a shirt design, not including someone's design was in no way meant as a slight to anyone. The point of the meeting is to get together, relax, and have a lot of fun talking SW and meeting people we only get to interact with via the net.

6. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
  7. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Just got off the phone with St. Louis Shriner's hospital and they have booked us for 1pm on June 10th for 10 costumed individuals.

So, we will be visiting all three children's hospitals in the area on that Sat. :D

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    When will the announcement be made about the T-Shirts?

9. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Sorry, been on holiday for the week and didn't really have regular net access. I'm racking in the last of the PMs yet tonight, and tomorrow after work I'll be able to sort thru it all and tally up the votes.

10. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Got my room reserved.

11. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks! Look forward to meeting you.

12. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    wow, losing power in a snow storm sucks!

But I'd like to tentivley congradulate Large Mammel for his winning design!!!!

Congrats to everyone who entered!

13. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    As like in the Wizard of Oz
    ... a little tweak here, and a little tweak there....
    (and because of a oversight on my part to say this was a 'nutral meeting' so the design has to be slightly modified)

Our OFFICAL DESIGN!!
    [image=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/largemammal/fanforce_midwest.jpg]

Thank you again Large Mammel for being such a good sport and doing this slight mod & congrats to you for your winning design!!!!!

You may now play with your colors - enjoy!

14. large_mammal

large_mammal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2003
    Awesome and Thank You.

15. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Looks sweet!

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Contact person for the hotel rooms have changed:
    Jessica Ellebracht
    Sales Manager
    jellebracht@adamsmark.com
    314-342-4616 direct line

Also see first post.

17. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Okay, how's come nobody's mentioned Blueberry Hill? Excellent cheeseburger but his SW collection isn't big enough.

18. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    The t-shirt design did turn out pretty sweet!

Man, I've been trying to make arrangements to come, but so far there's just no way I'll be able to make it. We already had a family vacation planned for that weekend, and so far, I can't get any interest from any in the Louisville group.

19. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    NOTICE:

PRE-REGISTRATION FOR THE MIDWEST REGIONAL MEETING ENDS ON 4/15 AFTER THAT REGISTRATION GOES UP $5.00 EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET THEIR ROOMS RESERVED IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO PM ME!!!

20. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    The Midwest Regional planning committee would like to remind everyone that the meeting is just around the corner. And with that we have been busy planning a great weekend and for a little teaser of what is to be included we have a very special guest speaker set to talk on Friday night!

With the new addition of the guest speaker, we have pushed back the registration date until the 5th of May!

So don?t miss the fun!! Sign up to attend today! PM Jedi_Dajuan, jedi_runya or twilek69 for questions or suggestions.

21. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    are you gonna let them know who the special guest speaker is?

22. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    I read a rumor about one of the SW authors being in town around that time... Just hope I know so I can bring one of his/her books w/ me to get signed perhaps ;)

of course, I could be way off base, I'm not in the know, so don't quote me on anything.

23. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    All will be announced very soon! It is worth the wait, trust me.:D

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I second Leash's comment it's worth the wait. We will announce who our speaker is soon but we want all the details worked out before we tell everyone.

That and being mysterious is fun :p Not even the StL people know about our special guest.....

25. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    building hype can be so much fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.