main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Midwest RSAs

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    As some of you may or may not know, the recent departures of Bobafemme and Sebulba-X as RSA's are sad indeed. They both have been a huge help in helping many cities in the Midwest become official chapters. In light of this, I will be checking in to see how things are going until we find a permanent replacement. If you have any questions or need help with FF, please PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

2. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I think I can speak for everyone when I say these two things:

1. THIS SUCKS.

2. I want more information.

3. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I would have to agree with the X. What is going on up in the brains of the FF?

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    This has nothing to do with FF. I can assure you, Mystery Sith is doing a great job as our global leader. The problem I have is with the TF.N Staff. I feel it's wrong to treat volunteer mods so shabbily. Seb-X was demoted without moderator discussion, as a part of this Martial Law (which was declared after the fact).

I love Star Wars, and FF activities. However, I won't stand by and let the Staff treat anyone that I love working with and makes my job so easy (or anyone else who tries around here) like they aren't a valuable asset.

5. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    Woah, for someone who has been blindsided would you run through that one more time with the help files engaged?
    What "Martial Law"?

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    It means TF.N staff can demote any moderator, for whatever reason they see fit, with no discussion or imput from the moderators. Also, it means they don't need to explain their actions.

This concept was introduced yesterday. The reason behind it is that there is a mole or a hacker spreading moderator only emails and forum posts on 'rival' sites.

7. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Well, I've never been one known for subtlety...so I'll just say what I think happened...

TFN Staff got angry because Seb-X wrote a trading card review for a rival fan site. They didn't like that so they demoted him, stating that they were now in a system of "martal law"....meaning they can do whatever they want without following any rules. So, Bobafemme didn't want any part for such a shoddy opperation, and I can't blame her.

It's all bogus.

8. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    If that is the story or something close to it, I would have to say that TFN is way out of bounds especially for volunteers. Now if they were paying him, that would be a different story, but I'm sure that isn't the case here.

9. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    No payments here.

I'm sure there's a different view on the story from everyone involved.

10. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Unfortunately, I know about as much as Bobafemme on this issue. As more details pan out, we will bring them to light. :)

11. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    please do. If Mav's idea is true we here have an obligation to do something about it.

12. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    This sounds like firing someone because they wear blue shoes. Ridiculous. It has nothing to do with the RSA duties as I understand them. I brought this idea up in the Indy thread. What if we start a grass roods campaign to let the higher ups know how we feel? Injustice grows if not opposed. I dont know if they would even reaccept their posts after the shabby way they have been treated, but at LEAST thet deserve an apoligy from the one responsible for this travesty!

13. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
  14. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I am just glad they were reenstated & that they were gracious enough after the way they were treated, to return to us. It's great to have you both back.

15. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    thank you :)

16. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I agree with EG on this one!

So....do we get to hear some juicy details about how the clever rebels thwarted the evil empire?

17. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
  18. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    We want BLOOD! And stories of corruption and intrigue that reach all the way to the top!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.