main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Mighty Mini Con

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    http://www.mightyminicon.com/

Hothgirl is going to go, and I may go as well. Salt City Jedi are going to be pretty involved with it and are doing a charity Dinner with all 3 SW Celebes. I guess if you show up to the Con. in costume then admission is free. Does anyone else want to join us? Salt City Jedi have a thread about it on their forum. Its another opportunity to celebrate our Fandom with other fans.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Darren and I are planning on going one of the two days for this one (probably Saturday).

Nicky

3. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    It'll be fun.....you know you wanna! [face_mischief]

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Its only free to those who will actually be working in costume. If you are able to help out at the con drop me a PM I can sign anyone up. :)

There will be a Fanforce Table there as well as a 501st table. We will both have a ton of charity events thru the weekend if anyone would like to help with that. :)

Check out the syracuse Forum for more details about the Charity dinner :)
    We are limiting it to the first 40 people. Its filling pretty quick. PM me if you would like to go :)

Thanks guys!

5. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I plan on Attending, Probably only one of the days though, More than likely Saturday! I'd be glad to help out wherever I'm needed, My only goal is to get the Star Wars Celebs Autographs for my collection! Even though I have Jeremy Bulloch, he is such a nice guy I want to get it again! Other than that I'm free to be used however you guys see fit, BE NICE;P

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    hey guys, Im sorry to announce that the mini con is postponed till hopefully October.

This was on the website last night:
    June 5th & 6th Mighty Mini-Con Postponed
    Due to unavoidable circumstances due to health reasons on the part of the convention organizer the Mighty Mini-Con originally scheduled for June 5th & 6th has been postponed at this time until October 23-24, 2004. TightLip Entertainment regrets any inconvenience that this may have caused. Further news will be posted on the MMC community boards. Thank you.

You can check out the website also here

There is an email on the website you can send get well emails to that addy :)

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Bummer. I was so excited to do something with RL and 501. Oh well. Hope they are going to be alright.

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    OK, this is back on for October.

http://www.mightyminicon.com/

Who wants to go? I am assuming they will be doing the same stuff, not sure about the dinner though. If interested please post here and PM Strawbary. Its only Sat - Sun. so I do not have to take off work so I will go, if I can get a ride. I am up for both days if I can crash somewhere, but if someone only wants to do one day that's fine as well.

9. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We're still planning on going. Probably only one day though. I don't think I'll really be able to focus on planning for this one until we get through CNSFX & Rochester's con.

~Doc_Bev

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Just uping this to see if anyone is coming. We are still planning on having the Charity Dinner if anyone would like to attend please PM me with your reservations.

We need costumed volunteers for this event and also non costumed help. If you work the convention in costume you will be able to get in free.

We are looking for costumed help with guest interaction and various events thru the weekend.

For more information you can chec out Mini Con

11. ltcmdrtom

ltcmdrtom Jedi Master

Apr 7, 2004
    Dabo Dar & I are probably going to do the Slanted Fedora replacement even which is over by 3 Drive to syracuse & enjoy the rest of the day there (including the dinner ) & then comeback for sunday.

12. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Do we have to Volunteer for both days to Volunteer? I would like to go to the Con on Saturday but, Sunday I have a conflict. I would work Saturday in Costume if you need me. Thanks--

Duane (TD-027)
    TD-2709 501st
    North East Remnant

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Duane you can volunteer just one day thats fine. We'll take all the help we can get!! :)

14. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Vicky,
    Count me in for Saturday :). Should be fun!

Duane (TD-027)

15. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    If either Hothgirl or TD-027 will let me Bum a ride I will be there at least on Sat. Not sure if Hothgirls going.

16. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Are Metropolis Book Shoppe, Altered States Game & Hobby, and Comix Zone the only stores in Syracuse selling advance tickets for Mighty Minicon? Does anyone know where Comix Zone is located? I'm just trying to find the closest one to the store(s) Tom may be working at next week. Thanks.

17. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I'll be there all weekend...but Strawbary already knows that. ;)

18. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Mmm...Altered States.....

Dar - Are you planning on working? I believe Strawbary said that if you work in costume you get in for free.

19. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Tom and I were thinking of doing the Slanted Fedora Friday night dinner and theatre show, his Saturday mini-con along with the meeting afterwards about his vision of a fan run media con in Rochester, and then going to Syracuse for Mighty Mini Con (MMC), but late - maybe just get autographs and shop before it closes. If possible, we would like to go to the fan force dinner - but we don't know the details of that (time? place? price? costumed event?) On Sunday, we plan to go back to Syracuse's MMC in costume to work at the fan club tables or whereever needed I guess. Besides the website, I don't know much about MMC. What's it like?

20. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I can't tell you a thing about the con, since I've never been there. :p

The gentelman in charge of the con seems very friendly and I know he wanted to involve the kids in this con as well. Strawbary may be able to provide a few more details.

Besides, no matter what we'll make it fun!

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    no worries guys - I will post some updated info tomorrow. Still waiting for the menu details on the dinner.
    Im off to bed now though - I am still recovering from our late night dvd release. ;) as Im sure alot of you are too LOL

I am glad to see the interest is picking up. The con should be alot of fun and the dinner too. Quick answer on the dinner. No costume is needed for dinner, just a reservation :)

Thanks!

22. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    In the PM I received when I registered on the MMC boards, it said that advance tickets to the October MMC/Spooky are not available at any of the Syracuse stores mentioned on the guests page. If you e-mail him the exact names of who is attending, he'll place you on a list that'll allow you to walk up to the second ticket counter and get your tickets much quicker than having to wait in line.

Also, I noticed that MMC is supposed to be at the Oncenter, but The Spooky is supposed to be at the Horticultural Building at the NYS Fairgrounds. I thought I read on the MMC website that both cons were combined. When I PMed Rick he said he needs to update the MMC site of more guests and that the updating of the Oncenter versus the fairgrounds is another change he needs to make, but didn't state which location was correct. I guess we'll have to watch the site for updates then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.