main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Community' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, Apr 13, 2013.

1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    If your on Facebook there should be a page called super sentai tv. It has episodes, even entire seasons, of sentai you can watch. He has pretty much everything uploaded for series starting with jetman on. Don't know how much he has for earlier series. So he could have some liveman to watch.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005

Wow, it's taken me almost two decades to realise it's "spell on your MIND" not "might".

3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Cogratulations Might Morphin' Power Rangers, I'm real happy for you and I'mma let you finish

but Power Rangers in Space is the best series of all time!

Seerow likes this.
  4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    It brought a lot of fun in my childhood, I still remember

Jason, you know he's the leader when you look at him.
    Kimberly, pretty, a very brave and precise fighter. Kate was awesome as the villain but as the ranger she's nowhere near Kim's level.
    Tommy, a very good ranger, but as the captain he's not as good as Jason.
    Zack, a funny black guy.
    Trini, sadly she passed away.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Thank you. That page led me to GUIS, and GUIS to high quality subs of Liveman. :)

6. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    BULL! The original and Galaxy were. Turbo was next. Zeo...terrible. And anything after rescue is junk too. Space also was weird.

Sept.10, 2001 actually

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Turbo is the worst.

8. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    No Space was...or Zeo...Zeon..whatever that was...

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Zeo is ok. Of course, the first 3 seasons are the best.

Kate is nowhere close to Kim as the pink ranger, but she's still better than most of the new comers.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Its been forever since I've seen the older seasons but I think the worst season that I can remember might be Wild Force since the rewatchability of that season wasn't that high. I stopped watching after Dino Thunder.

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I stopped after all the old guys left in Turbo.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Part of what draws me to it is how horrible and lame the show is providing endless plotholes for debating. Yet to me it actually has an interesting mythos underneath that as well as a long running continuity. Space, Zeo, and Season 3 MMPR are my favorites of the Zordon era. Some consider Lost Galaxy to be part of that but I find that season painfully boring although the Magna Defender storyline was cool in places. I liked that the seasons mentioned early in the post give the tiniest bit of Mythos exploration and are more arc based. Don't get me wrong, seasons 1 and 2 are high in nostalgia. My favorite characters would be Zhane, Andros, Karone, Rocky (who just wants to have fun), Billy, Rito, Kimberly, Tommy, Zack, and yes Alpha 5. Bulk and Skull however had the best character arc of them all.

I'm waiting for my reboot movie of MMPR. I've always been one of those crazies who figured the entire reason Saban bought the franchise back for that reason.

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I can understand that. I was too young during the MMPR days to get into it. I saw a bunch of the re-runs of MMPR seasons 1 and 2 during the Turbo days I believe and got started during Turbo but In Space was the first season I saw all of the episodes.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    In my opinion the 2nd half of Turbo after the old guard completely left was a little better. By then most of the characters had been milked for all they were worth although Tanya probably still had some mileage and it was only then they had started to develop Adam at all.

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    One thing awesome about MMPR is that it's so long, 150 episodes, so there's a lot a lot of time for these guys to get along, grow relationship in the story and with the audience.

Even if I put "the first" away I still think

Jason is the best red ranger and leader, not even Tommy could compete with him.
    Kimberly is the best pink and female ranger. So pretty, brave, resilient and smart. Others are miles behind her.
    Tommy is awesome for a "6th" guy and ok for a leader.
    Billy is quite nice, he doesn't look strong but stayed for so long and really helped the team to get over the darkest time.

16. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    Question is who would you cast as who for the movie?

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    From what I remember Jason was really likable. Kimberly was one of the best Pink Rangers. Jen from Time Force is really close. Of the 6th Rangers I think Tommy might be my favorite. Zhane, the Magna Defender, Eric, Ryan were all pretty good as well. Billy was the only one of the original 5 to make it through MMPR as a ranger. That's insane.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Which movie?

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I agree that MMPR, Zeo and Space are probably the best of the Power Rangers seasons/versions. Lost Galaxy at least has the distinction of taking a risk in actually killing off a Ranger (leaving the finale of Lost Galaxy aside). Leaving the RL reasons aside (The actress was battling cancer at the time), it took some guts to actually go that route in a kids show.

And Slowpokeking, it's Kat, not Kate that's the name of Kimberly's immediate successor as the Pink Ranger.

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I heard Space has the best plot but no old guys, so I didn't bother to watch.

I know, she's probably my favorite "new comer" since she played a important vilain role for quite a few episodes focus on Kim rather than pop out from nowhere. While after she became the ranger she was nowhere near Kim.

One thing that really bother me about Turbo is the kid blue ranger.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I tend to agree that Jason was a better leader than Tommy. I love Tommy but he's completely overrated and he did pretty much lead the team to ruin at the start of season 3 by ignoring Zordon's warning which resulted in the destruction of the Thunderzords and White Tigerzord byRito of all characters. Kimberly had a good storyline since she grows up from being the stuck up valley girl into a caring and selfless young woman and has a nice write off in S3 but then the Dear John letter break up happened. Billy was just Alpha #2 is Zeo.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Justin (the Turbo kid) is pretty much gone (with the exception of guesting on one or two eps), once the show goes into the Space era, which pretty much has one of the best plots and overall arcs in PR history (or at least one of the best arcs that was given some time to develop).

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Kimberly is always badass, she was so tough and smart that the enemy targeted her for quite a few times but all failed.

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Only if we had the old guys in it...

The villain is also a bad choice in Turbo, Divatox is just some bitchy comedy character. I know Rita could be funny but she also was very menacing, many of her plans set the ranger in deep trouble.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think Adam pops up a time or two in Space.

Try Astronema as a villian. I have a feeling you'd like her.

Seerow and Force Smuggler like this.