main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Community' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They should have had all of the old rangers come back for for Countdown to Destruction. Make it a 3 parter. Answer the question of the Dear John Letter and who the Phantom Ranger was etc. Money reasons was why the latter wasn't answered. Or maybe answer the former in Dino Thunder.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I agree. Especially as CtD was essentially the finale to that entire era from MMPR to Space (especially when you have a brief clip or two of Masked Rider, VR Troopers and the Beatle Borgs as some of the heroes fighting off the invasion of Dark Spectre's forces.). And yes, the Phantom Ranger question really should have been answered.

Seerow and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Could that guy (Kim fall in love) be Jason?

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Bulk and Skull standing up to Astronema and their shock at who the Space rangers has to be two of my favorite moments of the series. If they found out Jason and the others were all Rangers they would have been so shocked.

Seerow and Juliet316 like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't think so. Jason was still in Europe for the convention and then came back after Kim left. They were scuba-diving in the Turbo Movie but that was as friends.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I agree. There were so many lost moments to be mined from that finale. I know money probably factored in not having the Old guard back, but cameos would have been nice given what this finale meant as a bookend to that early era.

As for Kim's letter, I've never really felt a burning desire to see that answered on screen. I figure if I want to, I can just read one of the dozens of fanfics out there that tries to answer that (some good, some not so good). Especially, as if what a friend of mine heard at a recent convention was true, the friendship between Jason David Frank and Amy Jo Johnson has apparently gone south in recent years.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I agree Lost Galaxy took some risks in killing a pink ranger no less and also with Magna Defender's backstory since he was driven for revenge over the death of his son early one, which was semi-on screen in flashbacks. I still found it boring.

Astronema is my favorite villain in PR, such a dark back story between her and her brother Andros the Red Space Ranger. She is unique in Power Rangers being fairly hands on as far as big bads go. Ecliptor is a great character as well. Reason enough to watch Space as well as that being the conclusion to the Zordon era with a neat finale. That's where PR took its biggest risk ever IMO. I think Space had the best cast and best of all yes there is no more Justin. Andros, Zhane, Cassie, and Ashley round out my favorite Red, Sixth, Pink, and Yellow Rangers respectively.

Force Smuggler, Bulk and Skull standing up at the end of Space is one of my favorite moments in the entire series history and really highlights the unexpectedly best character arc in the show. Those two went from Bullies, to junior police trying to do good, and finally became heroes in their own right at the end of Space.

Force Smuggler and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    When I was little I thought Kim should be with Jason rather than Tommy.

Yeah, another horrible thing about Turbo is it turned the 2 funny guys into apes.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Astronema is my favorite villain in PR, such a dark back story between her and her brother Andros the Red Space Ranger. She is unique in Power Rangers being fairly hands on as far as big bads go. Ecliptor is a great character as well. Reason enough to watch Space as well as that being the conclusion to the Zordon era with a neat finale. That's where PR took its biggest risk ever IMO. I think Space had the best cast and best of all yes there is no more Justin. Andros, Zhane, Cassie, and Ashley round out my favorite Red, Sixth, Pink, and Yellow Rangers respectively.

Force Smuggler, Bulk and Skull standing up at the end of Space is one of my favorite moments in the entire series history and really highlights the unexpectedly best character arc in the show. Those two went from Bullies, to junior police trying to do good, and finally became heroes in their own right at the end of Space.[/quote]

I loved the story and character arcs in Space. And the finale, despite my nitpicks with it, is probably the best finale the Rangers ever had.

Force Smuggler and Seerow like this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ^ Alot of the fun with PR is nitpicking it to death, so... no worries.

Actually I always favored Kimberly and Skull and infact Power Rangers Samurai kinda confirmed this with Skull's Nephew. =b

Tommy married Kat in an episode of Zeo that showed a future where they had a teenage grandson although that is often considered non canon since its in one of the Christmas specials.

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Nah, Skull is too dumb.

I know, I was quite upset that Kat, not only get the pink ranger, but also Kim's boyfriend.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno, I always felt sorry for Skull who had a crush on Kimberly throughout the series and always go beat up on by her. They did have a moment together in season late season 2.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't hate him but Kim is too awesome, I believe many kids had "crush" on her in that time, honestly I was one of them.

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Countdown to Destruction is the best Season finale of the whole series. I liked that season since it was set in Outer Space. Made it 10 times more awesome. The Bulk and Skull thing showed that while you might have given up hope, not everyone else has since the Rangers couldn't believe people were standing up for them. That gave them the courage to stand up and fight. Or at least looks that way to me.
    I also liked End of Time for Time Force. They should have ended there. The first two episodes of that trilogy were great endings. I also have the beginning of Part two because I love it.

Lost Galaxy was another good season imo.

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I always liked Zeo a lot, partially for the Zords, the new Power Chamber and later on seeing Rita, Zedd and the Machine Empire bickering was hilarious. Of course the first three seasons of MMPR were classic too. Space was really good, and to this day, still really surprised that they ended it by killing Zordon. A heroic sacrifice, but actually having a Ranger strike the blow... well, yeah. Not to mention Ecliptor and Astronema were really interesting villains (Astronema was raised like that, but Ecliptor turned out really loyal too).

Gotta remember to get the DVDs later, the second boxset should be out in a few months. Too bad it doesn't go up to Time Force, but then if they did do another box set after that it would probably include Lightspeed Rescue and Wild Force and... yeah, not watching those again. Too bad the Forever Red special had to be during the Wild Force year.

And yeah, Bulk and Skull were always funny. Actually by season 3 they were pretty watchable and mostly likable whereas like in season 2 they were still mainly causing trouble like by trying to discover the Rangers' identity. Heck in Zeo they literally save the day while in the middle of a prison break.

Seerow likes this.
  16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    There will be an arc in this season of MegaForce. I don't know how they will do it since the person playing Trini died in that car crash and looking at the Japanese Sentai version of it there are lots of characters in that clip that we haven't seen.

19. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I believe that season of sentai did have a major battle with all the sentai groups from it's history. It'll be interesting to see how they'd handle that. Obviously they'd just use the footage of everyone already morphed and fighting with the cameo's through out I guess.

To bad they didn't skip MegaForce and just go with the Pirate Ranger season ,which was Sentai's anniversary season. You'll only get the cameo's this season. Next season the Rangers will have power keys where they can morph into any ranger from the past.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I just hope it turns out better than Forever Red and Once a Ranger Did.

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Forever Red is a good episode.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    In my opinion it was terrible even for PR and it canonized a hoax.

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Bulk and Skull at the beginning were worth it. I can't find that actual clip anywhere! I've seen it on youtube but all they have now are archived footage......

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I mostly want to see Kim, Tommy, Jason and Billy.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I liked Forever Red. I still have some issues with them using the Beetle Borgs as the Villians (Come on, they couldn't have at least tried to make them look different if they were going to use the suits?), but I liked the episode.