main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Migraine Support Group

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by NYCitygurl, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Whether it be hammer-in-the-back-of-your head migraines or railroad-spike-in-you-head migraines or intense-pain-all-over migraines or anything in between, come it and get [:D]

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    PMSL! You are adorable, Nat!=D= [:D]

So, I had an extremely stressful day with my work. My head felt like someone smashed a cigar on it with a sledgehammer.
    It burns and it hurts. [face_tired] So, I took an Imitrex and 3 Aleve...then made some serious changes in my life. Then I went to the park and walked a mile, I feel like a new woman![face_peace]

Awesome thread idea!!=D=

3. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yikes! That sucks, but I'm glad you feel better [:D]

Life changes are good :)

4. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Nice thread. [face_laugh]

I'm taking this one medicine right now where if I forget a dose it triggers a migraine. And my Mom is a nurse and so she'll just give me some medicine and it usually works. Imitrex works good for me.

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    :( I take Amerge; Imitrex isn't strong enough.

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    If I catch mine quickly then it's okay but if it builds up then I'm in trouble. We always have extra zofran because I will get really sick quickly and start throwing up from the headache. [face_plain]

That's great that your mom is a nurse, Lily! I wish I had gone into nursing when I had a chance.

7. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Wonderful.=D=

I had a really bad one today. It was humid outside, so it hurt more. And its still here. Just not as bad as before.

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh hon :( [:D] Does hot tea help?

9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Nat - does heat help you? I have some tiny ice packs that I will hold on my eyes or the back of my neck for relief.

Gee MM, I hope it clears up quickly. That's just not fun.[:D]

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    So much. I try to get rid of headaches before they get to migraine level because Amerge knocks me out for four hours, so I take three advil and drink a cup or two of tea. The steam helps a lot, and the combo keeps the migraine away.

11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'll have to try heat next time too. I'm not sure why but I always go for something cold since it's always too hot here for me.:p

12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Does it have to be a migraine or are normal headaches fine as well?

When I was young and a headache started, it helps to do sports (running). The first 10 minutes were cruel, but after that time the headaches were gone. Funny, but it worked. ;)

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Finally!! I get them quite regularly....if I can get them early, Im good, but if Im not home or near my medication when it starts, it's not pretty. I have had Morphine twice in the last year!! :(

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I am not sure I can support migraines. I find them rather annoying.:p
    Good thing that I get them rarely.

[:D] all with less luck[:D]

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Mine came back late last night and I couldn't sleep.:_| It felt like my eyes were going to explode so I took some phenergan, it always makes me sleep really hard.[face_tired] Now I just have a dull ache, I guess this will be one of those that haunts me for a few days.[face_frustrated] What makes me mad is it was all from stress. I am determinded NOT to allow this to keep happening.

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Any type of headache ;)

I'm sorry [:D] That really sucks. Someone told me once that it really helps to relax every individual part of your body. It doesn't get rid of my pain, but it puts me to sleep, and sleep usually makes my headaches leave.

17. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    The last time I got a heavy headache, sleep even increased the aches, although it helps normally. 8-} :p

Now I'm getting 'headaches' because of thinking about all the stuff I have to do. :p

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That really sucks! Sleep is my defense mechanism against pain - whenever I've got a headache or cramps or anything my body is easily able to fall asleep and deal with it.

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Sleep usually helps me a lot. It also needs to be dark and cool, I will lower the a/c and put on my sleep mask. I-)

20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hello fellow Migraine sufferers. I've had migraines since I was about 5 :( I was always told once you reach this point they will stop, that comes & goes, so then this milestone, nope. So now I'm way past all that stuff, still get them.

I'm prone to have one 3 weeks out of every month. The things that seem to help the most are to stay rested, excersice, eat well & always have lots of drugs on hand :p

I don't have any 'triggers' that I know of, besides 'aunt flo' (but that might be for another thread [face_blush] ).

Never heard of Amerge,will have to give that a try. Imitrex and Maxalt work about 1/2 the time & at $10/pill, insurance deductable is $60 for 6 pills, I can get 3 super duper ones a month and 2 pills per migraine, I would be in the poor house fast.

Zomig & Topamax gives me migraines, so I stopped that one. All my Dr's stand around scratching there heads, nobody knows.

All I know is; I'm not going to be that person that has to lay in bed evry time until the headache is gone. I don't roll like that, but I do feel defeated when I have to get a shot & that's about all I can do after that.

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Geez, SITH_CHICK! I'm sorry you have to deal with that.[:D]

I completely hear you on the cost of meds, it's so wrong that people in pain can't get reasonably priced meds.
    My daughter has a chronic illness and her medications can run over $10,000. some weeks.[face_plain] Thankfully she meets her max out of pocket right away every year or I would be in trouble.

BTW - I had to lol at the aunt reference. It didn't dawn on me for a minute and I'm thinking, could my Aunt be causing this8-} ?

22. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

I have what I thought were pretty bad migraines...til I met SC. She has them worse than anyone I have ever seen. :(

The doctor should just send home vials of the cocktail injection with her to use at her convenience...imo.

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    That's why they should make an effort to better help patients getting them so often. I could get on my soap box when it comes to the cost of meds and making them available to people who need them most.

I can't imagine! You are such a trooper to just fight through it.

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Woah, SC! That really sucks! [:D] It sounds like you have something similar to my aunt, she suffers like that.

Amerge works for me, but it's really strong (you can only take 2-4 pills a week). Have you tried hot tea?

What shots do you get? My doctor puts me on an IV in the hospital for something (DHE?) and it's horrible, but it gets rid of my headaches.

25. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    A Headache group! This'll so come in handy, especially on those days where everything seems to go wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.