main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Migraine Support Group

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by NYCitygurl, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That seems to be almost every day lately around here!! :p

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I am sure certain foods are triggers for me. At lunch I had a chicken sandwich and I think something in the seasoning got me. :(
    This afternoon I've tried some OTC painkillers and then had to take Zofran twice for the nausea. It could be a long night...:_|

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    :( How d'you feel today?

4. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I had a really bad night, in fact probably the worst ever from a headache. I just kept getting up and taking something different to see if it would work - nope.
    Then this morning my hair stylist massaged my head and neck and I felt a little better. Hopefully after a decent nights sleep I will be back on track. Geez, I wonder if Imitrex has stopped working for me already. Also, the nausea keeps coming back when the level of pain rises. ugh.

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Sorry you had such a rough night, Jag4Me. [:D] Are you any better today?

I don't know what triggers mine but when one hits, it sticks around for about three days. And I get the nausea in addition to the jackhammer in the brain.

I take Imitrex when it's really intense and three motrin and anything hot to manage it in-between. So far that combo works for me, which is good because it would drive me nuts to be bedridden for so long.

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  7. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Thanks everyone.[:D] I finally slept last night and feel much better this morning. Kelia - the nausea kicks my backside. I hate that probably more than the pain. :p

Today is going to be much better, I demand it.:)

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Do crackers or anything help?

9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    They didn't the last couple of days. But I picked up new allergy meds and got them on board in the pharmacy parking lot. It's just so much better this afternoon and I was able to eat half a sandwich.:)

It stinks that I missed my work out with friends yesterday but I wasn't up to it.

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Right now I just got a light headache. But since I guess it's because of being tired, I will try a good night sleep as medication. ;)

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Sleep is a great headache cure...if you're not in too much pain to sleep that is.

good luck Skiara [:D]

12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Feel better Skiara.[:D]

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] Sleep usually works for me.

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It wasn't too much pain and normally it should gone away by now, but somehow I still feel tired and having a light headache. :(

Do you think going out for shopping and eating chocolate afterwards might help? :confused:

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Actually, the chocolate might not help. Have you tried hot tea?

16. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm starting to get a little bit of a headache again. I blame the weather. It was in the 80s two weeks ago and now its in the 50's.

17. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    So this week just completely sucks. [face_plain]
    We haven't gotten paid yet. Which means, my account balance is way below 0 right now. Way below. Which means more interest. [face_plain]

And here's a perfect example of my luck:
    About a month ago, all I wanted to do was hang up a stupid clock. Hammer in one hand, nail in the other.
    And then there are sparks and all the lights go out.
    I actually hit through a stupid cable. [face_plain] All the power sockets on that one wall didn't work anymore.
    I called the landlord and he sent over an electrician and he fixes it all and then -- he tells me I have to pay it because it was my fault.

I felt a real bad headache coming on.
    As if I could know there was a cable laying right beneath the wallpaper!
    Darn it.

I still have a headache. *sighs*

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] Connie.

I feel ya, Lily. It's raining here and I'm getting one.

19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    While I wish nobody had to suffer through migraines, at the same time it's nice to know your not alone.

Hope everyone has a pain free day, because I just might be suffering enough for all of you :( [face_sick]

20. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

Poor Miss Kim. [:D]

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Oh! SITH_CHICK[:D] - I hope you feel better!

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    :( [:D] Have you taken anything for it?

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Chick, I hope you feel better by now. [:D]

I think it's my turn to have some strong headache... :(

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Skiara[:D] I hope it passes quickly.

Does the weather change bother you guys? When I flew back from Chicago on Thursday afternoon, I had a headache before we landed in Dallas.
    Of course, I was super tired and extremely stressed so I know that didn't help. I was able to shake it with about 4 Aleve. :p

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] I get headaches from the weather. Not too bad this year, but I had a couple the week before last when the weather was rainy and cold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.