main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Migraine Support Group

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by NYCitygurl, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks! [:D]

It's better now, it's just in the background and I hope it stays there.

I don't think it's from the weather, it just comes when it wants and goes when it wants as well. [face_plain]

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That sucks :(

3. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    At least it didn't come back. So I'm happy. :D

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm glad it went away! [:D]

Happy Halloween! [face_pumpkin]

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Ugh! I have the worst nagging headache.:mad: It's behind my eyes and having the light on is killing me.

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's horrible! Especially since the computer sends out light as well as you need light to read or watch TV. :(

Get better soon! [:D]

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    :( [:D}

I had a bad one last night. I'm sure it came from my sinuses since it rained a lot yesterday.

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    [:D] Nat - I hope it's better today. I've been taking lots of allergy medicine because it's almost 80F in the day, then much cooler at night. I hate this time of year.[face_frustrated]

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't know much about allergies, but all I heard is that it's annoying. :(

I hope you both feel better now as well! [:D]

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I hate that.

Thanks [:D] It's still raining here, but my headache is pretty much gone.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's good. Being back in life again. [:D]

May I ask you how often you have headaches? :)

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    It varies, but a lot. Usually they're not bad and I can just have a cup of tea. Other times a nap will take care of it. I've been trying to not take meds for them because I take them a lot and I don't want to develope an immunity.

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    At least you can get rid of them without medicine usually. But I guess those small headaches aren't the ones that are really annoying. :(

I always wonder why they can't find a good working medicine for heavy headaches and Migraines. It would help so many people. :(

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I like Amerge. It knocks me out for several hours, but it does the trick. However, it's so strong that I can't take it more than twice a week.

15. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    Maxalt works pretty well for me. But it tends to make me feel dizzy, so I don't like to take it unless I can go straight to bed. Unfortunately, I get sinus headaches from changing weather and then that will sometimes trigger a migraine. And then there's the monthly migraine as well.:rolleyes:

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    :( [:D] I get weather-change headaches too (thus mine over the last couple weeks). I've never heard of Maxalt, though.

17. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    It's similar to Imitrex (which is imitriptan, I think). Maxalt is rizatriptan. It melts on your tongue, so it gets into your system faster. They've given it a minty taste, but it does have a bit of a bitter aftertaste.

But when you feel like you want to cut your head off, taste really doesn't matter.

18. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I can handle the taste better then pulling my brain out through my nose with a coat hanger. And that's want I want to do most of the time, hoping it would stop the pain???? I don't do it because I know it wouldn't help.

Don't think I've tried Amerge, need to look into that. I'm out of my meds, can't find a Dr in my new insurance plan that is any good. So I'm hoping someone will refill my old perscripts :(

Yesterday was bad, today not as bad, but when Aunt Flo comes along as well..... It just makes things worse.

Hope your all feeling better. I don't know much about allergies either (thank the maker) but know they can be teh suck too.

Have a great day everyone [:D]

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ah, I've had Imitrex. It doesn't work for me :(

[:D] I hope you can find one! Amerge is really good and really strong, but it can knock you out for hours.

20. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Imitrex works really well for me, I just don't take it unless I'm really miserable.:p

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Connie - wisdom tooth-induced head? [:D] Are you getting them removed?

22. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Oh. My. Goodness.

I've found it.

The Thread.

:p

I have migranes every day, all the time, when I wake up, when I go to bed, when I read in a dark room, when I read in a well-lit room. I have one right now, and I'll have one tomorrow. Migranes dictate my existance. I am their slave. They are my master. We are forever bound by eternal chains of pain and suffering.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I've had a nasty headache coming on since yesterday. :_| Nothing is making it better either.

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I finally shook it off for about 24 hours and the damn thing hit me again this morning. It's from stress, I know that much, and nothing is completely calming it down.:_|

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh no!! [:D] Have you tried taking fifteen or so minutes and sitting down and just breathing and trying to relax? Probably won't help the migraine, but if you feel a stress headche starting to build, that might help [:D] :(

QGR, wow!! Have you seen a neurologist or anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.