main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Migraine Support Group

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by NYCitygurl, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I really need to go for hypnosis again. It was the best thing I've had for stress and stress headaches.[face_tired]

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'v never tried that. How well does it work?

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    QGR, wow!! Have you seen a neurologist or anything?

They're not really that bad. [face_laugh] I was dramatizing. They're mostly because of stress and the fact that I have a habit of reading with poor lighting.

4. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I have had a really bad one since yesterday afternoon. It doesn't want to go away. It's really sensitive to light, and sound. So it doesn't help that I have a bunch of loud siblings.

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Did you try Tylenol? It helps with my headaches sometimes.

6. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    yep. It might be my eyes are getting worse, and I may need glasses.

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Oh, yeah, I remember that. Yes, the exact same thing happened to me before I got my glasses. You might want to go get your eyes checked before you really damage them by straining so hard. :cool:

Sorry about that, MM. :( [:D]

8. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I already have to use reading glasses, but I don't really want my eyes to get worse. And Headaches run through my family so it could just be a weird occurrence of a really bad headache that I have had since Sunday afternoon.

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    It worked really well for me, it's just important to have someone you are comfortable with doing it. I went once a week for months and it helped me coping with stress and pain.

He also taught me to use imagery to help myself relax when I was in pain and to sleep better. When I'm relaxed enough it can be wonderful too.

10. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    And you still have it, MM? That must be torture. How long are you going to let it run before you do something about it?

11. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I am already doing something about it. It just is one of those ones that want to go away slowly.

My Mom thinks that the reason my eyes aren't focusing properly is because of the headache. But I still need to find out what is causing it.

One of the horrible things about this headache is not being able to do school, and write. Sometimes it hurts to think. So my Mom isn't pushing me to do school. Which helps quite a bit.

12. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    That's good that your mom understands. Take it easy, try not to stress yourself. I will pass, I'm sure of it. :)

13. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I know how it feels when your stressed. Yesterday my head felt like it was going to explode because of stress. I was working on fixing some drawers and that kinda made me frustrated. And I had to get inside the area where they slide in so I could screw in some screws, and I'm claustrophobic so that didn't help any.

I still have the headache, and this morning it was pretty bad. I took some Excedrin Migraine so that took it down about, but I can still feel the headache in my head. It doesn't hurt enough that it's bothering me a whole lot, but it's still there.

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm sorry, MM. I hope you feel better soon, it's miserable when a headache hangs on like that.[:D]

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] MM. I think I've had what it seems like you've got. Constant headache for several weeks that sometimes spikes into unreasonable pain, not being able to concentrate for very long and your eyes are having trouble focusing? But I had to have a neurologist put me int the hospital overnight and pump meds into my arm. Wasn't fun but it did the trick.

16. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I went to the doctor today. They gave me some shots that have mostly taken it down. One of the shots made me fall asleep. I only just woke up a few minutes ago.

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] What'd they give you?

18. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    A couple of words I can not pronounce, or spell.

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I gotcha.

20. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Wow, MM. Well, at least you don't have a headache anymore. [face_worried]

21. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    My migraines are tempermental. :(

However, most ot the time it's a combination of Moltrin 800 mg, complete darkness and pressing pressure points which are all over my head that ends up knocking them out.

22. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    That sounds painful Piper.

QGR, I actually still have it. It just isn't as bad.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yuck [:D]

MM, you probably don't know, but did they try a dpt? It's horrible and it made me throw up and they sent me to the hospital to get it, but it worked really well.

24. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    what is dpt?

25. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I have been suffering migraines since I was a child. And I found out the cause. MSG---Monosodium Glutamate. it is in most flavored snack chips, flavored stuff, etc. For those of you with Migraines, check your labels, take a week off of ALL MSG AND aspartame, and see what happens. Nitrates are bad too. It made a huge difference in my life. I still get them but it is when I unknowinglyeat hidden sources of "excitotoxins" (MSG, Aspartame, etc). ANd I read somewhere that one person got Migraines from Topamax. I am a topamax expert as I take it for Bipolar. It will give you headaches at first, but eventually, it will help. It is a tough drug to get on, and if your doctor starts you on anything higher than 25 mg per day, he or she is crazy...LOL. Increases should be made ever week or even 2 weeks, depending on tolerance, and should be in 15-25 mg increments. If it s too much, back odwn again. Of course, all that with doctor's help. I take Topamax for Bipolar but the Migraine side effect is wonderful. It has helped me a lot.

PS...I am a modertor of a Topamax forum :) Hehehe! I have to do my research, but I certainly do not know it all. I have had friends there with horrible side effects, so bad that thy had to stop. And there were some who had bad side effects and eventually got through them. Then there is me who just gets stupid when I start it anew, like I did recently. I AM so glad to be back on it now, though, but it is not for everyone. Only 800 mg of Ibuprofen taken right when I feel the migraine coming on will actually stop the pain. I still get the stupidity and slurred speech from it. It is very neurological. I ended up in the ER thinking I was having a stroke when I ate a small bag of Cheetos.

So I am soooo glad for this thread. I am glad I am not the only one :) Even though I wish you all did not have to have them too.

~Kim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.