main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Migraine Support Group

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by NYCitygurl, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That sucks!! We're here for you [:D]

I've actually heard that, but I tried and it doesn't make a difference for me. And mine hit after puberty, aren't genetic, and don't seem to be related to stress (and I'm actually doing a lot better at college than I did at home). I think allergies (I developed them in recent years) might cause mine, or be a partial cause, since they're year-round.

Dtp (and I can't remember what that stands for) is what they give me when I have the weeks-long headache stretches and can't function. I can look it up for you in you're really interested. They can give three doses via IV in a 24-hour period or one dose as an outpatient treatment. It's hellish - chemo's baby sister is the way it was described to me. I throw up, feel horribly sick, and the headache spikes and I feel absolutely miserable during the whole process. However, after it's over, my constant headache is gone (I usually feel sick and dizzy for a couple days afterward, but the headache is gone). A neurologist ordered it for me. Absolute hell, but it works really well. I wouldn't recommend it as anything but a last resort because it does make you really sick, but I woud recommend it if nothing else works.

2. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Yikes! I'll pass. ;)

3. green_riddle_monkey

green_riddle_monkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2008
    Does anyone else get migraines that make you act heavily drunk?
    I got called home from school yesterday with one and I'm about to leave the house to get tests done.

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I get some that make me really disoriented. I'm hoping the tests go okay for you.[:D]

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Me too. And I have delayed reaction to stuff (like when I bump into an object, it takes me a couple seconds to feel it). Good luck!!

6. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Well, mildly. Slurrd speech, clumsiness, etc. And even when the pain meds work, I am still getting those neurological things I mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.