main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Mike Weir -- 2003 Masters Champion

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darth-Schwartz, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Canadian golfer Mike Weir brings green jacket home after Masters triumph

Canadian Press

Monday, April 14, 2003

CREDIT: (AP /Dave Martin)

Mike Weir, from Canada, waves to the attendees after getting the Green Jacket as the 2003 Masters Champion at the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Ga., Sunday. (AP /Dave Martin)

ADVERTISEMENT

TORONTO (CP) - Newly crowned Masters champion Mike Weir brought his green jacket home Monday. It was actually a loaner while the proper one is made at the Augusta National club.
    Weir flew in in the morning from Georgia after his whirlwind win. He said he didn't leave Augusta National until close to midnight when friends and family headed back to his rental house near the course.
    "We tried to round up a few Canadian beers but we couldn't find any," he said.
    He also said he had a conversation with Wayne Gretzky after the win.
    Weir held a news conference Monday and launched a line of golf accessories before heading to the Leafs-Flyers NHL playoff game Monday night.
    "I'm going to fly home right (to Utah) after the game and take three weeks off," he said.
    When asked how he felt about raising the whole country with his historic win, he replied: "That makes me feel pretty special actually ... It's a great honour."

2. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    That's great! I dont follow golf that much but I did watch a part of the Augusta tourny this weekend. Really happy for him :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.