main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Miko, Wurth, and Ganner

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Is it just me, or were these three guys pretty much the same character?

instead of having 3 different guys killed off before much character growth could occur (some, but not much, though Ganner had the most chance to grow) I think it would have been better if they just had one character and had him grow through the entire series.

In fact, you could have simply gotten rid of all three, or left them as secondary Jedi, and let Kyp Durron get all the character growth and then kill him off in Traitor instead of Ganner.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    People hate seeing their favorite characters die, and that's probably why mostly lower level characters are the ones that bite the dust. Are they the same? I highly doubt it. They have the same political ideas, but we never really got to see these guys on their own.

3. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    These three guys reminded me of the Red Shirts on Star Trek, except they actually had names :p

4. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I know what you mean. I was thinking the same thing about Wurth and Miko. I didn't really lump Ganner with them because well...

SPOLIERS FOR TRAITOR, DUH. :D

He had a much cooler death than the other two. Ganner rocked. And I felt bad when he died... when Miko and Wurth died I was like, "Aw. Ok."

5. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Same here, but I think that's just because Ganner was around a little longer. If they had combined the 3 into one guy and had him as a supporting character all along, I'm sure even more people would have felt bad about his death.

6. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I hated it when Ganner died, because I'd come to like the guy. He had a lot more time for character developement in the series up to that point. Plus, he's got a cool name.

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    well, you cant get attached to all the characters before they die, or else you'd complain that they keep killing the characters you're attached to.

and if you combined them all in one... then they couldn't die 3 times. :D

8. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Unless their name happened to be "Corran Horn" ;)

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Good point. Corran is a cool character, at least in the X-Wing series. I don't think that he's really the same person anymore.q

10. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I disagree, I see them as different characters. other than the fact they were male humans, you could probably lump dae'sharacor in with them on the listed characteristics.

11. Assassin_Caine

Assassin_Caine Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    Ganner was pretty cool. He was developed enough to make him interesting. We did see alot of growth in his character through Dark Tide.

Anyways, he had the coolest death in Star Wars history. Yeah, the coolest.

12. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
  13. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Thrawn had a cool death. so did Coleman Trebor.

14. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Thrawn had a cheap death, but the best line ;)

15. --Corran_Horn--

--Corran_Horn-- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    I would agree about Miko and Wurth, they were both very similar. Ganner however was given enough screen time for some development. We saw him in Dark Tide i, SbS, and Traitor(that i remember) and knew some stuff about him.

I thought his character was kind of interesting, the idea of a Jedi unable to live up to his own expectations was interesting. Same as the idea of him trying to change himself from being the Arrogrant Jedi he was, into a better person.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'll have you know I think Wurth's still alive. I mean c'mon, he just drifted off in that ship. No actual death was seen, no body was seen.

In fact, I'll bet it's him in the Boba Fett armor in TUF...

17. Assassin_Caine

Assassin_Caine Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    I think Coopra has it.

18. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    i'm glad they're dead!

19. Jedi_Wurth_Skidder

Jedi_Wurth_Skidder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2002
  20. BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN

BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2002
    Miko was a tool (Kyp's, namely), Wurth was just an idiot, and Ganner was probably one of the best written original characters in the NJO. So while you could lump Miko and Wurth together, Ganner stands above and beyond them as the first of the new Jedi order to actually step up to the plate and become a hero on par with the Skywalker/Solo clan.

21. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    These three guys reminded me of the Red Shirts on Star Trek, except they actually had names

Some of the red shirts had names, heck, I think they killed one twice...

But yeah, Miko and Wurth bothed had the aura of redshirt around them, and I suppose it was visable with Ganner, except, first Ganner needed to prove Corran Horn right, and then take orders from the upstart new uber-Jedi Anakin Solo, before being killed to save the new super-enlightened Jacen Solo.

Yep, redshirts, all of 'em.

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    "Hey Master Skywalker, why do we have Red robes on? Everyone else has brown robes"

"Don't worry, my nephew Anakin has a red robe too."

"Oh whew"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.