main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(mil)Wookiee Bowling

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    It's been mentioned a few times and I thought maybe we might want to go ahead and start thinking OR even go ahead and set something up. I have one of the Gold C books and there are literally a zillion bowling coupons in there that I would be more than willing to share.

I'd like to point out that I can't bowl. I'm not saying I suck, I mean I can't. I have some ligament/tendon damage and hefting a bowling ball on my wobbly wrist just isn't a good idea. But I'm willing to do other things like refresh everyone's beverage glass and keep score or wipe peoples balls. Hey, you can't bowl properly with unpolished balls..the friction itself can ruin your whole night.

Anyway, feel free to post if you're interested and we'll see what happens.

M

2. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Count me in depending on when it'll be.

3. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    If there's one thing I find fun, it's bowling. And I know it would be a blast with you guys. Maybe we could do this once while I'm home for Spring Break in March?

4. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I'm definitely interested, it sounds like fun. I'm a really horrible bowler, but if nothing else I'm good for providing comic relief for the people who actually can bowl.

5. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    March is good, except for the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th. I have to go out of town then as my sister is having surgery.

6. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Oh I'll be there. I'll be there with my psyche-out trophy. Second Place in the league. Sure the league was in 1982 and I was eight, but I'm still using the same ball, so I should still be as good. Right?

7. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    We're in too.

8. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Lemme know when! I even have my own ball! :D

9. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    YES! Now I'm definitely using that $100 gift certificate I have to get a ball. I'm so in. Did I mention I worked at a bowling alley for a year or so? No, don't let that impress you. It doesn't mean I'm a great bowler. It does mean, however, that I'm expert at clearing pinjams, oiling lanes, taking care of pinsets, and programming the auto-scorers. And I have obnoxious hawaiian shirts to wear. That should qualify me for participation. When are we looking to do this?

10. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Wait... We have to wear Hawaiian shirts? AWESOME! :D

11. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I have four Hawaian shirts and two bowling shirts. What to wear, what to wear....

12. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Has anyone talked dates yet? I can go any nights but Wed - Friday. I work those days.

13. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm so in. I haven't gone bowling in a really long time, but I'm sure I won't embarass myself too much.

14. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm up for this too, depending on the final date.

Jeff

15. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Alright, now lets work on a date for this thing. Here's how I figure it can work...someone said March 8 and 9 is out. But the 15/16 is going to be St. Patty's day celebrations and 22/23 I'm thinking there's going to be a Oscar thing. So that leaves 1/2, 8/9 (sorry whoever said it was a bad weekend..I think it's Christine) 29/30 unless folks are willing to double up on St. Patty's and Oscar weekend...So, let's hear it:

1/2
    8/9
    22/23
    29/30

M

16. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Well, unless I am wrong, and I very well could be, weekends tend to be a bad time for bowling (at least in the evenings) due to bowling leagues monopolizing the lanes. Now, I don't know if there is a certain season for these leagues, but the Madison group did have trouble trying this out before.

However, bowling during the day might be the answer.

So, should we also decide on a time too? Should someone decide which alley and check to see if leagues will cause a problem?

Just wanted to throw some questions at ya. ;)

17. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes - weekends are bad. However many places offer midnight bowling which would be a blast as well...

18. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    When I was growing up in Milwookie, I used to bowl at Bowlero lanes in Wauwatosa. We had a bowling coach named Herb Wenzel. Is there anyone here who knew him?

19. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    do we have a tentative date cause i'd love to bowl with the wookies.

20. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Any of the weekends mentioned work for me, except of course for the 1/2 since that has already happened. I pretty much have no plans for the month of March. :p So sad.

21. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I can go any day between the 17th-22. Spring Break!! Thank god it's soon.

22. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I'd say whatever saturday that's closest to the 22nd.

23. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    This weekend is bad for me, but any other is fine.

24. Mr_Snuggikins

Mr_Snuggikins Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2003
    Couple of points that need to be looked into...some have alraedy been addressed , but I will reiterate.

1} What bowling facility/facilities are the coupons for.

2} Which side of town are we working with in Milwaukee.

3} Do many people go bowling to celebrate St. Patty's Day...I thought they just get fall down drunk at a many a pub.
    "just joking around...sort of "

4} Bowlero still does moonlight bowling last I checked....most places do some sort of late nite bowling.

--------------------------------------------------------

Overall sounds like fun. I need to go bowling. I have a bag,ball, and shoes...set aside for just such an emergency!!!!

25. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    >>3} Do many people go bowling to celebrate St. Patty's Day...I thought they just get fall down drunk at a many a pub.

I'm finally legal this year so I'm going to the bars. It's a special day in the life of an Irish woman when she can legally go drink on St. Pat's. :) If anybody wants to do the whole bowling thing this week, I'll be around and very willing to go bowling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.