main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mile Hi Con ConSuite 2009 planning

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, Jul 23, 2009.

1. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    And now all of our other hard work went to helping some people in real need. So, I'd say we have done pretty well on the karmic scale throughout this debacle. :D

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to include that in my narrative of the situation, somewhere in there we called Zoo to tell her to keep her buns to herself. :D

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Sounds good. It sounds like the hotel made a decision at the last minute that affected us very late in the game. Thanks for the back details as I'm sure there were other people wondering too. I appreciate the decision you guys made to go ahead and make the best of the situation. I'm also glad that we don't have to just throw away the hot dogs, but that they can still go towards a good cause.

Thanks for everybody's help in making this event a success!

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks for all of your hard work on this you guys, despite the crappy circumstances. It seems pretty stupid that the con people wouldn't double check to make sure it was OK to serve hot dogs beforehand, so all that time and money wasn't wasted. You guys should be commended for coming up with plan B and executing it as well as you did. And I'm glad the wieners were able to find a home after all. :)

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    JT...i realize that you weren't there...but all the options were weighed. TRUST me everyway was thought of...and i mean SC was in charge of this so it was really her call. She had done all the prep work and everything. I think being what is it four days after the event what was done was done well. Everyone had a great attitude. I know that the people who run the suite were very upset. It wasn't their fault. So there ya go...our hands were tied and as the saying goes that was well used...lemonade was made out of the lemons that were given to us.

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    It was a don't ask, don't tell understanding. There was no checking beforehand to be done, if they had asked, the answer would have had to be no.

And it had nothing at all to do with us or hot dogs, it was anything that was prepared. The only acceptable thing at that point was snack food and cookies that didn't look like you could have made them yourself. When the hotel came in, breakfast was being served, they had a problem with the frozen waffles being cooked in toasters.

It applied to everyone and everything in the suite. The consuite people, knowing that we were coming with hot dogs went to a lot of effort to try to contact us as quickly as possible.

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I see. Then I don't blame you for not wanting to do this again.