main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mile Hi Con ConSuite 2009 planning

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, Jul 23, 2009.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    nnay - is it round & tall or oval-ish shape?

Mac - Family first, even if we are part of that family :p ;) we understand. The wieners will still be served!

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Buns are ready and waiting for me to pick them up after work tonight

3. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    Yes, the wieners must flow

It is definite. I won't be able to attend this weekend either. :(

Have a swell time, folks

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Sorry, I could have gone back and looked at my own posts 8-}

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a car full of buns

6. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    The box of gloves and silverware/napkin packs has been delivered to O_W.

7. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

I refuse to make even one more lewd food joke, seeing as how no one appreciates the effort I put into them. [face_not_talking]

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm bringing the piggy bank & "drawing" tickets to the meeting. If you have anything you would like people to "draw" for, please bring it. We only need one or two items per meeting, so speak up now if you have anything so we don't end up w/ 2 items :D

Can't wait! This is going to be awesome.

9. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Honey...those jokes are the sole reason I posted that! :_| Now how am I going to have a laugh before bed.? [face_worried]

10. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    I should be able to make this but might be a bit too late for the meeting.

11. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I will be at MHC about 11:30ish, please call me and let me know when/where the meeting is and all that

Thanks!

12. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    crockpot has been washed again I am on two doses of antibodics and honestly i am feeling pretty good.

so i am getting ready...so just let me know where i need to take my 'pot'. thanks!

13. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I have the stuff Fanforced dropped off. It's loaded in the car. I also have a power strip with a cord that will probably make it to a whole other room and can power the crocks.

I have 4 extra packages of wheat hot dog buns, and my crock pot. We'll leave about noon. I will call Sith_Chick when we have our hotel room number.

14. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I don't suppose anyone thought about flyers? Or the banner? Or do the sith couple have that handled?

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
  16. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    How'd it go? Sling all your wieners?

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    DH here:

We slung no wienies. Last second we had to go to plan B. The con-suit was almost shut down this morning because the hotel didn't want them serving ANYTHING heated, cooked or prepared that didn't come from a solitary package.

So we had lemons, we made lemonade. we took the $58 worth of condiments back to Sams club and exchanged it for $60 worth of pretzels, cheesy poofs, chips and gold fish. We still have roughly 480 hot dogs left that are in various states of thawing. Unfortunately we cant return them so if anyone wants a few packages of hot dogs, come and get some. Not sure if they can be re-frozen.

Thank you to everyone that helped, ate and came to see us in the con suite. It was chaotic but went well anyway.

18. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I had a great time seeing everyone=)

19. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I am so proud of you guys...sounds like you took a crappy, stressful situation and still made it a success. My hat comes off to you. =D=

20. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i will take 2 package...:)

21. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Yes, well done, you guys.

22. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I didn't see anybody else post the question and I'm curious...

When did we find out that the hotel didn't want heated food? Did they make that decision that morning? Or was it made a while back and there was a communication breakdown somewhere between the hotel decision maker and the hot dog cookers?

Just curious why there were still plans to make this happen that morning and then a frantic non-existent plan B had to come to fruition on such short notice.

I don't want to throw cold water on the last minute successful change of plans, but I'm curious why this happened and what we can do to make sure it doesn't happen again. Our precious RMFF funds were wasted and I would like to know why.

23. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I was notified as soon as I showed up to the hotel (about 11 am.) I was informed that the hotel had just decided that there could no longer be things like hot dogs served. The first thing I did was call Kim and we went into organizing plan B.

24. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    We had no control over the situation, it was between the hotel and the con, and it happened that morning. Becca at least found out early enough to let Kim know, who let me know, as we were all driving down to the hotel at noon. That way at least we were prepared to address the situation the minute we walked into the hotel.

Jeff, Kim, and I discussed the situation with the Con Staff. I have to say, Jeff and Kim kept cooler heads than I did in the conversation. They were the ones to suggest that we still do the suite, with whatever we could get by returning the condiments to Sam's Club. The con people were very appreciative, and impressed by our (Jeff and Kim's) attitude. It was definitely to the groups' credit that they handled the situation.

There is no blame to be found, other than with the hotel for deciding this that morning. Having food in the suite had been an unspoken understanding between the hotel and the con, it was not in their contract and someone from the hotel decided to enforce the rules on the spot.

But I think this is probably the last year we do this event.

25. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks O_W, I wanted to blow up & kick & scream but what would that do?

We made Lemonade out of Lemons, we had no time to prepare so we went into speed shopping mode & both got migraines figuring it out :p

I wanted RMFF to still be present instead of saying "F" it and walking away & doing the Zombie crawl :p

Our name was in the program & several people stopped by & asked where the hot dogs were, so I was glad we were there to say "We were 100% ready to serve you phallic hot foods, but beyond our control we are not allowed to" Most everyone already knew about it, so there was very little conflict and everyone was still glad we were there w/ smiles on our faces & talking about how fabulous our group is. Lot's of people were surprised to see us & that spoke volumes about how we handled the situation.

I agree, I do not want to do this again. There are too many issues that are way beyond our control & a nod & wink to close ones eyes on what is going on is just an unacceptable excuse or reason for us to lay out this much money for little to no reward. Now if it was for charity I would give it a second look, but not just because.....

Hope that answers all your questions, we did the best we could with the Huge pile of steamy, fresh, poo-doo that was dealt to us.