main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mile-Hi Planning thread 2004

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I thought we already had one of these?? The only one I could find was last years & it's locked :(

We need to start planning on what we are going to do & collecting money to feed the hungry geeks.

I just got this PM from Becca who was in charge of getting us a time, please read & let me know your thoughts.

I left you a message but I don't know if you got it so here is the skinny on MileHi con. After setting down and figuring out who was promised what spot for political reasons (I am sure you know how that goes) the best slot left on saturday was either 6-8 or 8-10 pm. Now the 501st will be taking whichever slot we don't want. They also said they would be happy to make a united showing for the 4 hours (you know, just have both groups there the whole time) if we would do the food for 2 hours and they would do food for the other 2 hours. I think they are planning subway sammiches for their 2 hours.

Please let me know if this schedule will work and if you want to work with them for manning the suite. I need to know by the end of next week if we want the slot I have reserved. Since I am with the group we won't have to pay the 40 refundable deposit, which is nice.

Oh, and if I didn't mention it before. The suite provides the beverages, we just need to bring food. Also, we can bring flyers and all that stuff to hand out.

I would suggest doing the later time slot cause then we can just bring munchies as the big food rush is over=)

Becca

2. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    i think it would be a great idea to have both groups together. i am all for expanding our star war world...just my two cents. :)

3. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    My two cents: I really want to go to the costume contest! So the last time block would not work for me, but the 501st & us thing would if a few of us could hang out that long. The thing is, if I'm not willing to do it I don't expect someone else too? But I'm open for suggetions.

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am not entering the costume contest so I will be happy to stay in the room=)

heck, I will be there anyways!!

lol

5. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    oh

and if we can get this decided ASAP then they will put our name down in the mass mailer that goes out at the end of this month so we can get a little free publicity for our group...

6. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    yeah i didn't even think about the costume contest...yeah i want to be IN that as well. :(

7. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    if we do the 8-10 slot it is less likely to interfere with the costume contest. They apparently are making some changes to make it go faster and smoother this year

although I haven't been told what those changes are yet, lol

<shrugs>

8. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I would totally love to help out. I don't care what time it is at. I am not planning on doing the costume contest.

9. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    great!!!

really we only need 2 people from the group in the room so BFett88 and I can take care of that.

So all we need to worry about now is figuring out the food and literature.

So since we have manning the suite taken care of, do we want to do this still?

10. BibsForTuna

BibsForTuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2003
    I suggest we do a sweets table, cookies, brownies that kind of stuff. If we decided to go in with the 501st and they are already planning a big sandwich, then deserts would fit in well. I would be happy to do some baking. Just a thought. :)

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    WE ARE DOING THE 8pm-10pm SLOT ON SATURDAY.

There. That's my command decision for the day. If we did the earlier slot, it'd bump into the costume contes, and I expect a good chunk of us to be at the contest. If we don't decide now, my trooper homies will say "Oh! OH! We want the 8-10 slot!" and we'll get screwed. YANNO???

I'll help, but there's a slim chance that I'll be 15 minutes late depending on where the contest is. But, I'd expect the contest to go from 6-8. If There are already people willing to work the room before I get there, then it's all good.

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    If that is what everyone thinks, then lets do that one. I may just buy/cook the food & be in the personal hotel room doing my usual con things [face_devil]

13. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I will put us down for 8-10 and if we decide to do deserts, then I will be happy to do some cooking!!!

14. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    "Usual con things"...

I'm laughing quite hard right now, Kim... ;)

Desert would be good...maybe I'll make cookies, too.

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Why you laugh at me [face_plain]

Ok, now we need to know what we are going to serve? And then collect money and or items, and a roll call, ready go!

16. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Waht are y'all doing for the costume contest?

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Costume contest??? I'll letcha know about a day or two before the con...cuz...that's when whatever I might be doing will be done. ROFL.

Although, ummm...is anyone here doing ANYTHING for the costume contest, or are we all working on C3 stuff??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kim...it wasn't a bad laugh -- it was a good laugh. ;) :D

18. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    WellI know MA was talking about doing some SG-1 stuff, possibly with myself and SS. I have several ideas for myself if nothing else comes along.

19. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey Guys,

I need a blurb about our group in 50 words or less for the hospitality suite

and since I am working I am not doing the costume contest...

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    "The Rocky Mountain Fan Force is a motley group of Star Wars fans from throughout Colorado whose interests range most of the sci-fi spectrum. Its members are also into collecting, costuming, fan fic writing, and film making."

37 words. I stole JP's usage of the word "motley" cuz it sounded cool. :p How does that blurb sound to everyone? Or...at least SC and JP?

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Not...that...SC and JP make all the decisions...it's just I fear getting smacked by them more than I fear being smacked by everyone else. ;) :D

22. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    From the FanForce FAQ:

FanForce is the physical, grass-roots extension of theforce.net's global, online presence. We're about getting fans together and helping them meet and interact with other fans in their "physical" community. Conventions, movie screenings, book signings, etc., can all be a part of the Fanforce experience. RockyMountainFanForce is the local chapter.

Remember folks, we are a part of a larger organization.

23. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    the costume thing is still up in the air...i think sarah was interested too...well i talked to her about it. she is isis. he he

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I like either one, MA, JP & OW have the info from the flyer that has a bunch of info on it too.
    We are part of a BIGGER FF, but we ROCK more then anybody else :p J/K

25. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    ooh that is SO true..oh SC i sent you a 'preview' of the flyer...:)
    it's ALMOST DONE!! woohoo! (finally)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.