main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mile High Fanforce

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Colorado Fan Force Members:

I would like to invite all Colorado Fan Force members to post a little about themselves, what they would like to do with the FF, and possible meeting locations and activities.

I am Obey Wann, also known as Bill B. I work downtown (just look for the bright blue signs at night --that's where.)

I live in Westminster, am married to Mellisa (also a SW fan, but not as much as me) and have one child, 3 month old Jessica. (She doesn't have a choice --she WILL love SW).

I would love to go to movies, Dave and Buster's, Red and Jerry's, lunch, conventions, etc with other Colorado FF members.

Wings Over the Rockies Museum has a life-sized X wing fighter that is very cool. We might just have to get out there for a photo op.

I'm online quite a bit, so feel free to PM me, and if you need my email or other info, PM me.

Hope to hear from you all, and make the Mile High Fan Force something fun and special!

MTFBWY!!!

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm Sarah, from the Springs. A junior in HS. I would luv to get together with you guys, but unfortunatly unless I give my parents a really good reason (other than the fate of the galaxy is in my hands) I doubt they would let me go to Denver to get together with you guys. However I'm still trying...

It's nice meeting you Bill. Where else do you post on the JC?

3. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Hi, JGoC. I understand your parent's feelings towards taking you up here for matters of galactic importance. :)

Depending on where everyone is, we might end up doing things in the Springs, too. I have no prob going down there, but I have a car and a wife who is understanding of my love for SW.

I mostly go to the EP 2/3 Spoiler's Allowed forum. I have checked virtually every rumor that has gone around for EP 2. LMK if you are not a spoiler type person. I won't tell you then. :cool:

I go to Community, Communications, Classic trilogy and misc. I'm not really into the books anymore. I read most of them when they first came out, then....... lost interest in them.

I'll be online more tomorrow, I'll talk more then.

4. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    If you've got pictures, let's see them. It might make it easier to get to know eachother.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1322361&a=9825976&p=32611809&Sequence=0&res=high
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1322361&a=9825976

Who would be interested in going to the Wings Over the Rockies Museum and posing for some pictures in front of the life sized X wing?

5. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    howdy. I'm rebecca from littleton...actually from all over but right now i'm in littleton. i work for a mutual fund company in denver. i have a cat. :)

been a star wars fan all my life with no help from my parents who really dislike sw (how ANYONE can not like sw, i do not know) and really had it heightened when i got to go to the sw celebration in denver last may. one of my best friends was also able to win the contest on trl to fly to london to meet ray, so besides millions of collectibles, i have various autographed maul stuff. it's great. :)

i only just started posting to this list a few weeks ago but it's good to hear from people in colorado who like star wars and that you're a nice group of people. look forward to meeting you all.

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Hi, Rebecca. Are you the same as user: Teniel Djo?

Welcome to Littleton, and to Denver. We will do something in the coming weeks, as soon as we can get our numbers up.

If you want my email address, PM me, and I'll give it to you.

7. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    actually i was just teneniel on the other board that was being used before this one.

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    That is the funkiest thing. There is a girl here on the boards with virtually the exact same name as you.

Does the name mean something? Is it Japanese? You ought to talk to her --I've got her in my "watched user" list if you wanted to send her an email.

Hmmmmm.... OW is fired up that our numbers are growing!!! Woohoooo!!!

**OW does a small dance number**

9. NeChakk

NeChakk Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2000
    Hello, all!

I'm Joel Moon, actually from Boulder, but all the action for CO seems to be here! I'm the lead DBA for the Maxtor Corporation in Longmont, which affords me planty of surfing time... Heh, heh, heh. I've been a SW fan for as long as I can remember (raise your hands if SW is one of your earliest memories!) and I've kept with it through all the books, good and bad, not to mention a semi-monthly SWRPG run by a guy who seems to know more about the Empire than the great flanneled one himself. I of course play a Jawa - and hope to do so in the up and coming Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG. Currently I post to the Star Wars Galaxies forum - mostly in the "Jawa Clan" roleplaying forum... Bring on 2002!

OW, I'm way down with going to Wings over the Rockies - I have never made it down there (yeah, I know, shame on me!)

And a big Oota Goota to the rest of you in CO, good to meet you!

Joel

Utani Ne'Chakk
    Lord High Scavenger, Clan Stin
    Black Robe Jawa

10. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Welcome, NeChakk!!!

Our numbers continue to grow. Please pass this website on to anyone you play SW RPG with --the more the merrier!

Welcome to the group!

11. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    This is great! There has got to be more of us though.

It was the coolest thing! At work today, my boss is interviewing for an engineer. I was introduced to one that came in today. As I shook his hand, I noticed his tie tack. It was a little Imperial logo! How cool is that? I mentioned to him the board so hopefully we will add another to our numbers.

12. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Way to go, Faceplant! I've got one co-worker who loves SW, but surfs elsewhere during slow periods. I'll probably be able to drag him along when we do something.

13. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    actually teneniel djo was a witch of dathomir in 'courtship of princess leia'....one of the millions of women luke thought he was in love with before finding mara jade. :)

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It all makes sense, now. Thanks! So how did Faceplant get his name? Snowboarding?

15. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    Snowboarding, Skateboarding...you name it. At least you were smart enough not to think it was a lesbian term. It was actually a friend of mine who gave it to me. He used to draw comics and the character modeled after me was the sidekick in "The Adventures of Mr. Skate and Faceplant". In the comic we used to go around on our GSX-R's, fighting crime. He he.

16. *DMaul*

*DMaul* Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
    Hello...

I'm in 8th grade in Lakewood...Right now, I'm involved in a fan film...Although filming isnt looking good anytime soon...

Anyway...Ummmmm.....Welcome Kyle

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Welcome, *DMaul*!!!

Welcome to our little part o'the web. Please let us know if there are any activities or other events that you'd like to see us do.

Good luck on your filming --I must admit --it's beyond me, but I have the utmost respect for those that can do it.

If anyone else has any ideas, please voice them! I'm waiting for our numbers to grow a little more before trying something, but what do you think?

Photo Op at the X Wing at WOTRM? Lunch and a Christmas flick? Video games at D&B's (during the day on a Saturday, so our underage members can participate), what else? A simple getting to know you lunch at a buffet restaurant?

....Beuller.........Beuller????

18. *DMaul*

*DMaul* Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey homie!...I'll get like 3 other dudes to join :)

19. NeChakk

NeChakk Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey all,

I'm moving this coming weekend (15th-17th), but I'd be up for either WOTRM or D&B (I'm assuming the one by the westminster AMC theatre?) the weekend following....

Joel

Ee'Teedee! (translation from Jawa: Mine! I saw it first!)

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It's a busy time for OW, but I think after Christmas it'll be easier to get something going.

21. R2-DEE-2

R2-DEE-2 Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2000
    I am brand new to the FanForce Forums and have been trying to read up on the FAQ's and checking out the different areas, so haven't posted anywhere yet...when I do, it will most likely be on the Collecting forums.

I live near Colorado Springs and have been a fan of SW since it was first in theaters. I belong to a collecting group here in the Springs and we try to get together once a month to help each other out, in the SW toy line.

I have a little web page...but no knowledge of html ( I admit blushingly) :)...so it's just an amateur little page that I do for the love of SW. If you're interested in checking it out, I have some pics of the Denver Celebration and the X-Wing from a recent visit to the Wings Over the Rockies Museum....
    http://fan.starwars.com/toyforce/ToyForce.html

I also do some area reports, which include trips to the Denver area, although they are not updated on a regular basis.

Take care all.

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hey! There ARE other SW fans in in CO!

I think my parents are starting to weaken and will let me come to a get together!

I've only lived in CO for 6 months (army brat) so I don't know what there is to do in Denver, but I do know that a IMAX theater just opened up here. It's aparently really neat.

23. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    New Imax theatre - I'm there.

24. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    The IMAX is at the theater at I-25 and Colorado Blvd. I'm not sure what is playing, but there is a D&B right there. If we went on a Saturday daytime, minors can get in, I'm pretty sure.

I'll try to do some investigating.

25. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    there's also an ed debevic's as an alternative to d&b's...doesn't have games but is a pretty nice restaurant. i'll keep a watch for what's playing....i work near there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.