main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mile High Sci-Fi

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by gundarkhunter, Mar 23, 2009.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Time Cop this weekend?

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Eccch, really don't feel the need to go to repeats at MHSF.

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i haven't seen it. I can go on saturday.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    anyone want to go on Saturday?

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    1/14 & 1/15, new location and free beer????

http://www.milehighscifi.com/

Anyone going?

6. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    We plan on going on Friday the 14th.

7. MHSF

MHSF Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2011
    Yo Jedi Party People! Matt from MHSF here infiltrating your board! If you want two-for-one tickets to Queen of Outer Space this weekend email me at matt@milehighscifi.com

BE THERE!!!

8. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Email sent! Triple exclamation point awesomeness!!!

9. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Attention fine arts lovers wherever you are, Mile Hi Sci Fi is back this weekend! The movie? Steven Seagal's Marked for Death. There will be lots of ponytail violence tonight and tomorrow night at the Denver Film Center on Colfax next to the Tattered Cover.

FF and I plan to attend tonight's screening at 8 pm. Anybody else brave enough to take on MHSF and Seagal...at the same time?!?

10. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    That's so funny!!! I just went to the board specifically to send this same invite. I'm going to tonight's showing as well!

I think MHSF is the only way to survive Segal.

11. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    That and throwing a box of donuts at him and running away. Middle age paunch hasn't been kind...

Most excellent! See y'all there.

12. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    We tentatively plan to go tonight to Battle of the Planet of the Apes.

New show time! 9:30 on Saturday.

Anyone else interested in going?

13. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    I wish they'd do Sundays, I'd really like to see this one :(

14. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Next show is Big with Tom Hanks. This Friday at 7 and Saturday at 9:30 PM.

From their email:
    Long before Tom Hanks started taking himself WAAAAY too seriously and decided that everything he touched was Oscar-worthy, he cut his hair really short on the sides, but left it long and curly on top, and filmed the notorious film "Big." (Hey big-shot important film Actor Man, we're not stupid. We all remember Bosom Buddies and Turner and Hooch so quit acting like you're all that, you volleyball loving douche bag)

Big is about a little boy who wishes he was big, and his wish comes true and then his clothes don't fit and his mom freaks on him and then he gets a job at a toy company and tap dances on a big piano at FAO Schwarz which made their stock jump ten dollars in opening week. Yes, it is adorable. Yes, we all loved it. Yes, it is one of your sacred childhood memories and yes, you are going to feel guilty as hell laughing your big butt off when we lampoon it this weekend. But your guilt will be instantly erased when you remind yourself that he was also partially responsible for the time you wasted watching Money Pit and You've Got Mail.

Karma is a bitch, Tommy boy.

Anybody interested in going? It's always hilarious!

15. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Good to know i'm not the only one who feels that way about Tom Hanks.

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Ditto.

So on my drive in today, I saw a big pickup truck with "Mile High Sci-Fi" plastered all over it. Is it anyone I know?

17. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Hey kiddos! It's that time of the month again!...No the other time of the month: Mile Hi Sci Fi!

This month the "sci fi" movie of choice if 9 to 5, starring Dolly Parton's huge...acting talents. Both of them

Friday, July 29th at 7 pm and Saturday, July 30th at 9:30 pm at the Denver Film Center on Colfax.

Insert hilarious description here:
    Don't forget 9 to 5, this Friday at 7pm and Saturday at 9:30pm! FREE POPCORN to anyone who wears their real work nametag! Now your crappy job will finally pay off with some free snacks!

Mile High Sci Fi takes on the original Horrible Bosses, with "career gals" getting revenge on their boss in 1980?s shoulder-padded 9 to 5! Sure, it?s not your typical sci-fi (unless you count Dolly Parton?s gravity-defying anatomy, clearly implanted by aliens) but I guar-on-tee where there?s a pot-smoking scene the comedic geniuses of MHSF will be there to crack jokes about it and turn sexual harassment and revenge fantasies into a certifiable laugh riot. 9 to 5 stars Peggy Pope and Tom Tarpey (oh yeah, and Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton, and the great Dabney Coleman). Don?t miss it!

Any takers? For Friday or Saturday?

18. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Nerfette: I'm checking with Nerf on for the Saturday showing. I do in fact HAVE a work name tag.

19. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Alas! I believe we will be attending tonight's showing since we'll be going to Boulder Outdoor Cinema's showing of The Princess Bride on Saturday.

20. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Although we will be busy this next Friday and Saturday night, perhaps someone else will want to go see Maximum Overdrive at the theater next to the Tattered Cover on Colfax.

Details via email:

Hey Kids!!

When the weather's all hot and sticky; that's no time for dunkin' dickie. But when the frost is on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dickie dunkin'!

Huh?

Whatever. Point is, the frost is on the pumpkins which means it is time for fall screwin' AND Mile High Sci-Fi's legendary Halloween blowout and costume contest show! Next weekend!!

First the flick:
    Maximum Overdrive. Based on the novel by the most insane person on the planet, Stephen King. All the machines in the world - trucks, toasters, casio calculator watches etc. come alive and try to kill their human creators! Oh no!! But while the trucks have the horsepower edge, the humans have Emilio Esteves and as you know from the Breakfast Club, he was on the wrestling team. Advantage: people. Great flick, incredibly funny show. 10/28 @ 7 and 10/29 @ 9:30. Tickets at denverfilm.org

Costume contest:
    Once again we're having a costume contest both nights. Dress as a movie character. Top prize is 100 bucks. Plus we're giving away Dale's beer and everyone in a costume gets FREE POPCORN!! No ****in' way!!!! ****IN' WAY!! Harrison has already declared that his costume will be the best ever (but he can't be in the contest so don't sweat it)

And after the show if enough people send mobile upload pics of their costumes to our Facebook page we're doing a FREE SHOW in December.

Sleep with Harrison:
    MHSF Co-creator Harrison Rains is newly single and on the prowl. He's got a car and a house. He's career oriented, family minded, works out about five hours a day, he's ready to settle down and rumor has it he's got a really big dick. And he's going to murder me for writing this. But really, stay after the show and buy him a drink...you never know what might happen!!

21. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Then you may not like this news, O_W. From their Facebook group:

>>
    Happy Holidays from Mile High Sci Fi!
    Just to make it officially official, there will be NO show in December OR January... Just when you get all shaky with comedy withdrawal though, the next show will come along **Feb. 10th & 11th**, with an 80's teen angst rom com redux right in time for Valentine's Day: Yes, it's the return of "Pretty in Pink"! This was one of MHSF's most popular shows AND it marks the return of Matt Vogl. Harrison & Matt are counting on a BIG turnout for this-- so mark your calendars now, the calendars of your friends & neighbors, and make a New Year's resolution to drag them all in for cheap Dale's and quality laughs again in February.

22. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
  23. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Alas, another repeat for Mile Hi Sci Fi. They're not doing much to keep loyal fans around. Maybe they want to build a new fan base? I don't know.

From their email:

Well the holidays are over. Time to take down the tree, boot the last relatives out of your house and start making plans to lose those 30lbs in 2012. But we say screw the extra weight, our resolution is to make 2012 the best MHSF year ever. And to show that we're not (messing) around, we're ringing in the New Year with a MEGA bang.

While some people were dreaming of a White Christmas, we were dreaming of Ricardo Monteban's bare shaven chest, William Shatner screaming and giant brain-devouring bugs, and apparently we WERE good this year because Santa gave us the rights to show STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN!!!! Or should I say KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!??!!

One weekend only: January 27th @7 and 28th at 9:30. We'll be having a Star Trek costume contest, lots of give aways and the introduction of our new cool liquor sponsor! Stay tuned for details. But mark your calendars and buy your tickets now. When we did Khan three years ago the Trekkies snapped up the tickets and lots of people got left in the cold -- and ever since it has been our most-requested show. With only two shows they will sell out fast so check out denverfilm.org for tickets.

And we've got so much more in store for you in 2012 -- a post-Valentine's Day show for the lovers, a baseball opening day flick at the end of March and LOTS of Sci-Fi after that. Like I said, our best line up ever.

Word,

-MHSF

>>Edited thanks to Gundark's watchful eye!

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i missed the first one.......

25. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Ditto here. Gonna try and make this one, if I can get someone to work for me Saturday night.

JT- Might wanna check your copypaste for TOS violations [face_whistling]