main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MileHigh Con '07

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Hello Happy Campers!

At the last meeting it was decided we would be hosting a room ie ConSuite for MileHigh Con...and thanks to our lovely Mrs. Obi_Wannbe we have decided to do rootbeer floats!

shooting for the 8-10 slot on Saturday nite...

So...here we can list the products we will need.

Vanilla Ice Cream
    Rootbeer Keg (how much rootbeer is in one of those anyway-also talk of Diet from A&W)
    Cups (size? 10 or 12 oz)
    Straws (perfer the ones with the little spoons)
    Napkins
    Cooler

Thoughts...suggestions...comments?

LIST

ObeyWann-Cooler
    Bfett-Rootbeer or funds for rootbeer. ;)

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm a bit confused... by hosting a room, do you mean having an open room party? Or are you talking about doing the con suite?

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Con Suite...sorry.

4. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    What types of root beer? A & W, Barq's, Mug, etc....

Also should we bring cans or two leader bottles.

So put me down for 12 two leader bottles or 4 twelve packs of what ever brand we choose.

What would be better the two leader bottles or the twelve packs? I say the two leader bottles, easier to serve.

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Actually, we're looking at kicking in for one of the Kegs of Root Beer from Total Beverage. But we might have to resort to the 2L bottles for the Diet Root Beer.

We also need to do some Soy Ice Cream & NSA Ice Cream, as well as the regular stuff... For the weight conscious, lactose intolerant, diabetic nerd in all of us. ;)

6. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Thats cool just let me know where my fundage needs to go.

7. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    dont forget a cooler with lots of ice to keep the ice cream mostly solid :) we just had an ice cream social at work and if we hadn't been serving the ice cream from coolers filled with ice, it would have been very.. soupy...

8. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    We could go the dry ice route which will stall cooler than regular ice.

9. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    while that would work really really well, I'd be concerned about safety, dry ice can burn you pretty bad. If precautions were taken I think it'd be fine though :)

10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I have a 5-day cooler I could bring.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Obey Wann Thanks! I will put you down!

12. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    uhh.. also... when *is* mile high con?

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
  14. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    All donations/fundage should go to the Treasurer. Paypal fundage can go to: rmff.treasurer@yahoo.com. Please send PayPal funds to that address from Checking accounts or existing PayPal funds. If you send credit-card backed funds, we will have to upgrade the account and I'd prefer for RMFF monies to stay in the RMFF kitty. Rowr!
    If you would like to send PayPal funds backed by a credit card, please PM me first and I'll send you a different PayPal account so we can get that taken care of.

Please do not send credit card backed funds to the rmff.treasurer account as I cannot deny them and will have no option but to upgrade! Please no! Thank you.

You may also give me cash or a check and it will end up in the RMFF coffers.

We have $129 to go towards the Mile High Con as it is an approved method of spending RMFF funds.

Back to your regularly scheduled ice cream discussions.

Total Beverage has an 8 gallon container of Thomas Kemper root beer for $43.98. Can anybody beat that for the regular root beer?

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    SUE me ok?!?!?!!?

GOOLLLY!

16. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    mmmm thomas kember is the bestest

17. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    As I have tickets for a nationaly touring show on this date I am gonna have to pass.

18. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I am up for anything but for cost getting two liter bottles of something like A & W would be cheaper. 4 liters = 1 gallon. So that would make two two liter bottles of pop to make a single gallon of root beer. You can get a two liter bottle of A & W from .89 to 1.29 easily, just depending on sales and such. So to get 8 gallons of Root Beer by buying two liters it will cost roughly 20.64. This would be 16 two liter bottles at 1.29 each without tax. With tax it will be roughly half the price and that is if we do not find it on sale.

I am up for what ever everyone wants to do. A keg of root beer might be easier to manage. But if you did two liter bottles you could have more than one station making the floats at a time. You could have four different stations making the floats at once instead of one. But the keg would be cleaner with less trash.

Just some thoughts

19. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    also, how are we going to account for the 'fuzz' factor? that's the worst part about pouring root beer.

Mmmm, fuzz.

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Doesn't Denver have an A&W where you can buy fresh-brewed root beer right from the store?

We do. [face_batting]

21. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Yes we do. I am not sure how much it is though.

22. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hm. Next problem would be that it's probably expensive.

But it would kick butt.

23. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Yes, Yes it would. I could imagine going to A & W and saying. Yes I would like 8 gallons of regular root beer and 8 gallons of diet. Then they would ask, what are you going to do with 16 gallons of root beer. My reply would be, I am filling up my bath tub full of root beer so that I can take a bath in it.

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    That is a most excellent idea. I can't believe I've never tried that before.

When I build a new house, I shall fill the hot tub with fresh brewed A&W root beer, and we shall have a party.

25. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    You are going to clean out the hot tub after said party.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.