main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Miles To Go (JA-Drama/Angst) COMPLETE 6/15/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Cascadia, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    A vivid and beautifully written post.

2. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Another wonderful post, Cascadia... hope to see more soon!

3. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    :_|

Wonderful post, Cas, with very well written POV on Obi's part! I can't wait to see how he's going to get out of this mess!

EJ

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Just a completely perfect post, Cascadia!
    Waiting for more! :) :)

5. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Oh, my stars, Cas - you do paint one lovely portrait of our Obi. [face_love]

And you also make us feel his pain and his exhaustion and discouragement. Weary and heartsick, he most definitely is.

But broken? Not our Obi, unless I'm mistaken.

More soon, please. :D

6. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh, poor Obi. You put him through so much, Cas. It looks so good on him though :)

Well, atleast he caught a break and got a peaceful nights sleep and an invigorating swim. Probably before the torture starts again.

Once again you've done a wonderful job of delving into the despair and hoplessness that both Qui and Obi are feeling. Why do i feel that there is going to be so much more?

Looking forward to the next post soon :D

7. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow. That was an awesome post, Cascadia! Sheesh, I think I'm starting to feel sorry for Obi, and that isn't really a good thing. [face_devil]

It was nice that Obi got to taste a bit of freedom for a little while. At least he smells better as a result of his escape!

Anyway, I'll be here, eagerly awaiting more! :)

KG :p

8. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Well done Cascadia!
    Poor Obi-Wan. It doesn´t look well for the boy, does it? This time Tennosa will pay much more attention. If Obi only had been save long enough to feel the force again, then he would have been able to show Qui-Gon thw way. It´s in fact a nice birthday present for him. I hope that his instincs will lead him nevertheless to his padawn.

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    There's always a bigger fish -- er, creature. And speaking of fish, good thing that pool didn't have piranhas in it. :D Clever of Tennosa to send probe droids, but where did he get them? Oh, from his mansion, of course. It wasn't that far away.

What next?

10. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I like the insights on Qui-Gon! And Obi-WAn's thoughts are really well written, along with your lovely descriptions ;) I wonder what Tennosa'll do now that he's caught Obi again?

11. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
  12. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    UP! We need to know what will happen to Obi, right now. I have a bad feeling that Tennosa isn´t very pleased with our favorit apprentice, is he?

NEED MOREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Angel

13. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Up! Cascadia, where are you?! :(

14. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  15. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    PadawanKitara, sheleigh, Enigma_Jade, LuvEwan, CYNICAL21, shanobi, KenobisGirl, Angel_Skywalker, JaneJinn, Tahiri (I hope I didn't miss anyone) - Thank you all for the replies, and for upping. :)

Writing this part was like piecing together a huge puzzle. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. Oh, and any resemblance to any other fics is purely coincidental. And thanks again for all the feedback. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CHAPTER 6 - I'M YOUR GUEST?

There was a splash of water and shivering coldness. Brightness flashed and dashed away, before returning again. A bed of fire and the soft caress of fabric, and a soothing balm wafted through his awareness, but at the very back of his mind, he vaguely sensed that all was not well, at least, not in the living world.

With that thought, though obscured in a fog of mist it was, he felt the flames of sparking heat rise, baking, sweltering, and he wondered why he was so hot... so terribly hot.

A cold touch fell lightly to his face, and he instinctively leaned into it, though not at all certain who or what, or even why it was there, but the simple action prompted response.

"Padawan," a voice called. "Padawan," the emotionless voice came again.

With a tiring effort, he opened his heavy-lidded eyes, but the world hung and twisted in a confusing maze of colors and moving shapes, so much so, that he had to close his eyes again to avoid a swell of nausea.

The cool hand returned again, sliding lightly down his jaw line, stopping to cup his chin.

"Padawan," the man said in slight urgency.

He opened his eyes again, fighting to keep his eyelids from falling. As they fluttered, demanding to close again, he fought it harder this time, if just to see who was speaking to him.

The dark eyes bore hard into him, striking a piercing stare, but Obi-Wan refused to look away, and the face - along with all of the unpleasant memory associated with it - came into disheartening focus.

Closing his eyes, the padawan quietly answered in a tone of dismissal that he intended to sound rude, "go away."

He laid still, wondering why Tennosa was not doing, nor saying, anything to him, and when he was sure he had gotten away with his impudent remark, he peeked through his eyelashes at the man idly sitting to his side.

"You should thank me for rescuing you from that dreadful forest and bringing you safely here," Tennosa stated with an edge of malice. "Or would you prefer I toss you back out there?" He jerked his head toward a large window on the wall behind him that Obi-Wan had not noticed. As a matter of fact, he had not noticed, until now, that he was inside a room, dark though it was.

With a show of confusion, the padawan scanned the room with his eyes, taking note of the sunlight spilling in a dull haze through the window, the dark sepia walls and sparse furnishings - a small chair, a modest dresser, and a lumpy bed that he was - at the moment - lying upon. His eyes came back to rest on the man sitting on the edge of the bed and the menacing look of distaste.

Though the padawan would never admit it, at least to the man in front of him, he was actually relieved that Tennosa had found him and brought him here. His experience with the serpent had definitely made him wary of ever setting foot in the forest again, and if he could help it, he would not be going back.

"Would you, please," Obi-Wan replied tersely, fighting to keep a smirk from forming as he watched the man's jaw muscles tighten.

There was just a small, very tiny part inside of him that doubted his captor would not throw him out in the forest, but he considered that, as much trouble as Tennosa had gone through to capture him and bring him here, it would not likely happen... at least not soon.

"The vines you ran through," Tennosa said, with unmasked virulence. "They're poisonous. The cuts on your hands, did you get them from the vine's thorns?"

He watched in atrocious satisfaction as the padawan blinked back the shock of t

16. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Alright Obi-Wan!

Threatening a droid and trying to confound it with logic- Definitely a new form of escape :)

17. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Nice scene with a sick and confused Obi. Tennosa actually seemed like he cared for him, for a moment there.

I think Obi may just be asking for more trouble by threatening this droid, whom i'm not quite sure should care or not.

Great post Cascadia. Can't wait to see what Qui is up to next, and what exactly Xanatos had to do with Tennosa.

18. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Very vivid post, Cas - and more and more intriguing. Love Obi's resilience and determination and resourcefulness - but can't help but wonder if he hasn't just bought himself some more pain and suffering.

Of course, whenever Xanatos comes into the mix, we must expect the darkness to deepen, mustn't we?

Bravo, Author, Author. Keep it coming.

CYN

19. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Loved the post, Cascadia! Nice to see Obi-Wan fighting back.

The more I see of Tennosa... the more I hate him, may I ask if he is going to die a horrible and painful death? ;)

20. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Great post! I love how Obi-Wan confused that droid! Hehe, very slick of him! Just hope that Tennosa doesn't find out....

21. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    ::cheers!:: Great job, Cascadia! That was a wonderful post! Go Obi!

Now. . .when can we see more! ;)

EJ

22. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Very clever of Obi there... confounding the poor droid with blackmail and irrefutable logic. There's the Padawan we all know and love! Awesome story, Cas. Keep it up! :)

23. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    Going. . .up!

24. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    [Luke_whine]

Cascadia, where are you? :(

[/Luke_whine]

25. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm right here, lurking in the shadows. :)

I'm working on the next part right now, in between reading other fics. Not sure when it'll be done, though. I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to take this, but I decided to go with my original idea.

Depending on how fast I can work out all the little details and write it, it could be anywhere from late tonight to a couple days from now.

Don't worry. It shouldn't be much longer. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.