Miles To Go (JA-Drama/Angst) COMPLETE 6/15/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Cascadia, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Every time Tennosa calls Obi padawan I want to smack him! He does seem like a very misguided person though.
  2. Enigma_Jade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Going up, and helping Jodiwent not feel quite so lonely over here!

:)
  3. menilma Jedi Master

star 4
    not to worry, menilma is also here! :) just caught up with this story, most interesting and I hope we'll see more of it soon! come on Cascadia... come on, give us a post!
  4. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    PadawanKitara, shanobi, CYNICAL21, sheleigh, Tahiri, Enigma_Jade, draigon_myth, KenobisGirl, jodiwent, and menilma - Thank you everyone for the replies and for upping. :)

sheleigh asked if Tennosa is going to die a horrible and painful death. You'll have to read and find out. And all questions will be answered in this part(I hope).

draigon_myth , Tahiri , and menilma - I'm always glad to get new readers. :)

Ok. So this is the end of my first story posted at this site. Sorry if it's too short for you. I know some of the stories posted here are very long, but I don't write incredibly long stories. Not that I don't want to, but they just don't turn out that long. So, without further comment, here's the closing chapter.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CHAPTER 7 - HOW FAR CAN YOU TRUST A DROID?

The irritating creak broke the silence of his room every time he moved. Even a very slight movement in his solitary chair caused it to protest loudly. The chair was comfortable, if small, and had one thin pillow for cushioning, but he liked to set it before the window and gaze at the forest.

Resting his chin on his arms upon the windowsill, he stared at the rain drenching the landscape. It was so beautiful. Even in the midst of a mighty downpour, the trees, the tropical flowers and vines - everything - beamed loveliness.

He shifted lazily back in his chair, resisting the urge to send the creaking thing across the room, and concentrated on what he should do next. If Es-Kay was telling the truth - and who knows about a droid - then Tennosa's comm unit was located on the first floor, he was on the fourth floor, and there were three droids total - Es-Kay, a maintenance droid that usually stayed outside, and another servant droid.

As it was, things did not appear very encouraging. Tennosa, with his Force-enhanced abilities, may be too powerful to overcome. If there was some way to get to the comm unit and send a transmission to the Jedi Temple, then he would try that, but still, it might incur punishment for himself if Tennosa knew that he did. But what options did he really have, anyway?

The door swishing open interrupted his thoughts, dragging him back to the present.

"You need to learn not to talk to strange droids," said Tennosa. His voice was very controlled, yet strained.

Obi-Wan quickly looked at the elder man standing at the door to the room, and his heart nearly leaped in his throat. Tennosa stood with muscles tensed, his face contorted in anger.

Slowly, the padawan stood up, keeping his eyes trained on him.

As Tennosa advanced towards Obi-Wan, he pulled out a blaster from beneath his cloak.

"I guess that means Es-Kay won't be bringing my food anymore," Obi-Wan replied sarcastically.

"It means NOBODY will be bringing you any food, Padawan," Tennosa informed him coldly.

Obi-Wan wrapped his hands around the top of the chair, gripping it tightly.

"Don't expect such nice treatment in the future," Tennosa threatened. He stepped closer, within arm's reach, aiming the blaster at his unarmed captive.

With as much force as he could put behind it, Obi-Wan swung the chair up, smashing Tennosa in the side and sending him sprawling to the floor.

The blaster flew from Tennosa's hand. Sliding clumsily across the room, it bumped against the far wall.

Diving for the weapon, the padawan was surprised when a foot connected with his stomach, and he fell to the floor, gasping for breath.

Tennosa quickly scooped up the blaster.

Knowing that this was, in all likelihood, his last chance for survival, Obi-Wan forced himself to stand and ran out the door, just as the blaster fire exploded on the wall where he had just stood.

He raced down the hall, frantically searching for a way to the first floor. At the end of the hall, he spied a staircase and hastened toward it, ducking de
  5. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, Cascadia... that was awesome!
    As always, loved it, all of it! :D

A sequel to Silent Shattering, did you say...? Can't wait!
  6. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    great ending.
    I seem to remember reading silent shattering.. I'l have to check out the new one.
  7. Enigma_Jade Jedi Knight

star 2
    ::stands and applauds!::

Amazing ending, Cascadia!!! Poor
    Obi! The action was great! I'd figured
    that somethin' was up when Tennosa wasn't
    coming in. . . LOL. And the crack about
    the funnel cakes! [face_laugh]

And did I hear something about a sequel to SS?? [face_devil] I think I did! I can't wait!

EJ
  8. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    As with any good book,pictures are not neccessay.One can create their own if written well.

That's what I like about reading.Thats what I like especially reading your stories.Not only do they hold my attention,I can create a picture to go along with them,just by your descriptive writings.Thank You.

PEACE Ewen
  9. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Thanks, everybody. [face_blush]
  10. Abbi_Cee Jedi Master

star 4
    I really enjoyed reading this story and now I'm off to ff.net to read more of your stuff... provided the site is up that is. ;)
  11. shanobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Great ending to your first fic here Cascadia. I hope there will be more to come, and i will definately be looking for that sequel at ff.n :)

Obi and that strange sense of humor. You gotta love it :D Tennosa got off a bit easy though, he's lucky he died before a certain jedi master got there.

Good Job Cascadia
  12. draigon_myth Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, that was awesome! Wonderful ending!
  13. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
  15. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great ending Cascadia, :) 7
  16. CYNICAL21 Jedi Master

star 4
    You just keep on getting better, Girl. Very angsty and very touching - and I'll look forward to your next effort.

CYN
  17. Angel_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Great end! So is was all xanathos fault, like ususal *Grr*

At least Qui-Gon found Obi in time [face_love]

That was a very good story. And it´s not important if it´s long or not !! ;)

Angel
  18. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you everyone for reviewing. :)

I just started posting a new story at FFN, and I promise it will be better than this one. Honestly, this one was not planned out very well, but the new one is . Please go and read it if you have time, and don't forget to review. I guess that's about it. Here's the link:

http://fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=850961
  19. shanobi Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the review I left at ff.n regarding your new fic: Remnants of the Mind.

Oh, Cas! That was amazing. I definately see a marked difference in your writing. As always your descriptions set up an easy visual for your readers to conjure up the images you set forth.

You seem to have expanded your Obi images and descriptions as well :) Can't go wrong there. You've definately drawn me in and i'm along for the ride--however long it may be.

I just hope the healer and the council, by going along, isn't going to set Obi back by forcing him into this mission. Good to see Qui sticking up for his padawan too. I look forward to the interaction between master and apprentice.

Oh my goodness, I was so surprised at your dedication! I'm so glad I could help, but it was obviously within you to begin with :) I feel I've grown as a writer myself since January, when I first started posting. We're just getting better and better I guess :) LOL

Great start, Cas.

This is definately worth checking out people :)
  20. jedimarika Jedi Padawan

i agree with the others it is a great stroy
    does obi ever get a break, well maybe no
    that is why we keep coming back.
  21. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for reading, jedimarika! :)
  22. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    I have no idea why I had this locked. Just a meaningless 'up'. :D
  23. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    This is one of my favorite stories, Cascadia. I absolutely love your descriptions - you are a beautiful writer. I liked how easy it was to feel Obi-Wan's emotions, his increasing despair as time goes by. You've written Tennosa as an interesting villain, too.

The part where Obi escapes and is being fought over by those two animals - [face_shocked]. I thought he was going to be eaten for sure, LOL! I also liked how he tries to talk to the droid at the ending.

Great story. :)
  24. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.