main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Military Creation Act Questions

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthOrion, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthOrion

DarthOrion Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    At the beginning of AOTC Padme is returning to Coruscant to vote on the Military Creation Act right, but the vote is postponed due to the assination attempt on Padme's life. I'm just assuming here. My question is, if that is the case why postpone the vote? The act's passage is obiously important in possible protecting the Republic from a seperatist attack. I could understand if Padme were killed or injured, then maybe they could postpone the vote out of respect for her. However, she's not harmed, and it's not lik she's the only senator in the Senate, or has the deciding vote. The act is vital to the well being and safety of the galaxy, so why wait?

My next question concerns the Creation Act itself. If the Senate had passed the Act before Palpatine gets his emergency powers what type of army would have been created? A conscripted of humans and aliens, a battle droid army, or perhaps a cloned army was the way they were headed any way. Of course in the context of the film these questions never really have to be answered because the cloned army magically falls in their laps like pennies from heaven.

2. Skywalker_1138

Skywalker_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    They thought she was dead possibly so they postponed it out of respect or maybe Palpy wanted to see if his plan had succeeded as he planned before voting on the next phase.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I don't think it was postponed at all. If I were a Senator, I would get there several days (perahps a week or two) early to help build suppotr for the position I'm tkaing in the vote, especially if I was repuetd to be "A leader of the opposition" to the bill lika Padme was. So she was probably arriving early to get settled in and try to convince others to vote against it with her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.