main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Millenium Falcon book issue....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by OutsiderJediSam, May 19, 2018.

1. OutsiderJediSam

OutsiderJediSam Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2017
    Ok, just checking in to reply back, but no hard feelings from me...

1) it is an actual mistake in the writing, in the book itself, one side quotes the destruction at Bilbringi as happening during a mission AFTER the Battle of Yavin, 2 chapters later a different person explains the actual incident and it's mentioned Leia was around 9 at the time, in the book it seems it is just a wrong word used AFTER instead of BEFORE....I do understand it can happen, I just read of lot of Star Wars and it seems I can find a couple of these in each book, that just seems like a lot to me, maybe it's not...sorry if I upset anyone and people think I'm overemotional on this

2) all I ever meant by the complaining was just how we all complain when we think a pro is not doing the job quite right (ex. sports, doctor as someone else pointed out above, restaurant messes up order, etc)

3) sorry for bringing my own real world issues onto the board, my ability or inability to find work is not a topic for here

2. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    I sympathise with you 100%. It can be confusing as to how such an obvious error can get through editing, but these things tend to happen. Every business has it's issues and if Del Rey wanted to pay for a dozen editors to go through every product a dozen times they could but it just wouldn't be cost effective. Things slip through the cracks.

3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    You were fine. Complaining about editing mistakes is fine. Fate of the Jedi had an embarrassing amount, and I certainly gave Ascension the third degree for its Kyp Durran, Star Defenders and TIE Destroyers. At least Millennium Falcon had an excuse with its rushed publishing schedule. Honestly this discussion was fine until another user felt the need to insult your grammar, but a Mod has already commented on that. I mean, I'll confidently assert that I could have done a better proofreading job on Ascension than whomever the actual proofreader was. Ugh. I get PTSD thinking about that book.

4. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    You can mention me if you want.