main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Millenium Falcon interior

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    Can someone tell me what's inside the Falcon, and how is it laid out?

Also, what do you call the central large room? I believe there's a special "shipboard" term for that, like galley for kitchen and starboard for the right side, but I can't recall what it is.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
  3. pokey1984

pokey1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2004
    Here are some basic terms for you.

The large common room is usually referred to as a lounge or as a passenger lounge

some other shipboard terms that might help are:

Deck instead of floor
    and
    bulkhead instead of wall

cabin or bunk instead of bedroom

I'm sure you already know that port, starboard, bow and stern are, respectively, Right, Left, back and front.

The Laser cannon access tunnel leads to the turbo laser turrets. and Han usually stores shipments in the cargo bay

The flight deck is where the cockpit is and you have to use a main corridor to get there from any other room on the ship.

On the Millennium Falcon in particular you would frequently find yourself hitting a console to make something work You might also have to take an acess panel off or visit the engine room to adjust the hyperdrive

I don't know the actual layout or floor plan of this ship, but the cockpit is on teh port side and it has both upper and lower gun turrets with quad laser cannons Otherwise, I would suggest you make educated guesses.

Also, pretty much all nautical terms also apply to spaceships. Bridge, deck, hull, bulkhead... Those and more are accurate, except, possibly, sail and anchor. :) Hope this helped.

4. SithLOrd_MAlak

SithLOrd_MAlak Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    You can play KOTOR 1...I think that Ebon Hawk is similiar with the Millenium Falcon....
    I hope :D

5. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    I thought there had been an article in the Technical Commentaries, but it seems that I'm wrong.

However, the *exact* layout of the interieur has always been a subject of debate - because things are often not exactly fitting, scale-wise.

I've read somewhere that the blueprints are sometimes not correct, considering th scale, and that ven the cockpit used in the movies would imply a much larger ship as the model showed, I've read this somewhere.

Personally, I'm not sur, because I don't understand much of that. I do understand, however, that people the correct scale was often disputed (and might be even now).

6. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
  7. Squall67584

Squall67584 Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    Not to be rude, but starboard is actually the right and port is the left; growing up in a Navy family has that kind of effect on a person. People thought I was wierd in kindergarden for calling the floor the deck all the time.

8. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    floor=deck
    starboard=right
    port=left
    port quarter=front left(not sure)
    starboard quarter= front right(not sure)

Oh and there's a description in the fourth NJO book.

9. pokey1984

pokey1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2004
    *winces*

Now I sound like an idiot. But then, maybe I did already. :) Thanks for the correction Squall67584. Sorry about the mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.