main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MILLENIUM FALCON: The Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Nikknots, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikknots

Nikknots Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    I think this is the character to make a television series about. The most badass souped up hotrod in the galaxy... Heres what I think the show should feature a rotating cast of characters, almost as if they each have the falcon in their possestion for a short period of time before being conned by the next con, then the show will follow another character(s) as they make there use of the troublesome vessel. This would be an awesome way to explore the vastness of the SWU while at the sametime not having the bog of continuity to contend with.

So what does everyone think?

2. JSnyder

JSnyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    I like it myself.
    Nice.

It is a ship with a history. It would add quite a bit to the OT.

3. -RepublicCommando-

-RepublicCommando- Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    It's been through a lot, that's for sure.

4. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Intriguing enough for a mini-series, but I think the format would get old and boring by halfway through the first season.

5. Nikknots

Sep 17, 2003
    yeah i think thats kinda true ain't it. maybe by the second season there would have to be another spin through on the program. possible a character or group who oppupies the falcon for a longer span.

6. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Better yet, maybe the Falcon changes hands at the end of each season, that way each season is about one particular group of people instead of several.

7. JSnyder

Apr 25, 2005
    I was under the impression that the Falcon at some time in it's past was used by the Jedi. Probably an EU source, but I don't recall frankly.

But if not, then having a purge survivor Jedi (Aayla) use the ship for awhile would be a nice touch. When she dies it goes to Lando?

8. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    hmm. I still consider that a BIG spoiler as I have never seen or heard anything about that. How bout we just refrain from posting ANYTHING about EP3 in the TV forum. There is specific forum just for EP3 spoilers so that is probably the most appropriate place to post that info.

9. JSnyder

Apr 25, 2005
    Sorry, but there's no Episode III information of any kind to be posted in here (within reason) except in the designated thread.

10. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    No harm done. The general rule is to not post any info that gives away DETAILS about the film, even if they have been published, especially in a forum that is not related to EP3. The publications are full of spoilers and some people on here diliberately avoid those pubs so as not to be spoiled before the movie comes out. Unless the mods designate the forum as a spoiler forum, it is safe to say that posting spoilers of any type is not allowed.

11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I think it's a great idea.

12. Blaine_The_Mono

Blaine_The_Mono Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    "Better yet, maybe the Falcon changes hands at the end of each season, that way each season is about one particular group of people instead of several."

I think that is an excellent idea.

13. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Now there's just one problem - and that's the crew. It's easy to fall into the trap of developing a cast of individuals all bringing various expertises to the adventures/missions... and this has been done in far too many scifi shows.

Andromeda, Firefly, Farscape and Star Trek TNG/Voyager/Enterprise all follow this format.

Now you could limit the crew to 2-3, but you'd still get the same show format, making it very hard not to ape the stories told in those other shows. I'd think the possibilities for an original 'crew on a ship' story have been virtually exhausted by now.

14. Nikknots

Sep 17, 2003
    I think it should be a rotation still. no crew as it would be. possibly a band of space pirates, that way we can have a mutany plot. I would love to see so fun episodes of life maybe some star wars teens highjacking the falcon and using it for a joyride in an episode. Later it can be confascated by them empire, then stolen by a band of thugs who escaped emperial capture.

Also i think the series should end with the falcon being won/stolen/purchased by a young Lando. That way when seen next in ANH the ship would have a new owner Han, then in Empire you learn he won it from Lando.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.