main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Millennium Falcon in E7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    That was Zam Wessel's speeder in that one "production photos" shot.

Immortiss likes this.
  2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Last October Jett Lucas said it would be cool if Han teaches his son (Isaacs?) to drive the Falcon and passes it on to the next generation. I have a feeling Luke won't be the only character passing on what he has learned. Someone has to learn how to be a scoundrel pirate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Maybe Jett Lucas said "son" on purpose to cover the fact that Han might actually have a daughter. Or maybe I just love the idea of Daisy Ridley taking over the ship after Han bites it :p. A female "scoundrel" would be awesome.

4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    That would be awesome. The only reason I mention Isaacs is because his character is said to be a Han Solo type and there was a picture in London of Isaacs, Abrams and Ford, pre-accident, walking together. Of course it's all speculative fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dak Oolron likes this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I hear the hyperdrive broke on the MF again and it's going to be 12 weeks before it's fixed.

Redimet and Django Fett like this.
  6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I have to say, the 1st time we get to see the Falcon in VII in all it's majestic glory is going to give me goosebumps!

markdeez, EHT, CairnsTony and 6 others like this.
  7. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll be interesting to see whether Han and Chewie decided to make anymore special modifications to the Falcon in those 30 years.

markdeez and Immortiss like this.
  8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    May be we'll finally find out where the top hatch is located ;)

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    On top. Duh.
    :p

10. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I'm hoping that we get to see a lot more of the interior.

I wonder, if Episode VII is the rumoured end of Han Solo, will he be going out with the Falcon? :(

Edit: Although, the suicide run in a spaceship to save to save others was done to great effect in Star Trek, so Abrams is unlikely to copy that.

11. Chewbaccon

Chewbaccon Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2014

Could very well be. Right now I hope Han survives Ep VII. But I can see his death being a juggernaut of emotion that could fuel VIII. Would like the Falcom to survive somehow. Maybe it gets badly damaged and gets resurrected for IX in some heroic moment. And in that the torch gets passed to the next gen character.

That is assuming Chewy actually dies from laughing up a fuzzball (neenerz).

12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    I was wondering earlier if they are going to kill off Chewie with Han - but if Han does but it the scenes would have to be all about Han.

If Chewie died at the same it could either hinder the impact of Han's death or be lost in the dram and Chewie is too important to killed off in a anything is secondary fashion.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Ok smart*** :p but where is the elevator located in the deck plan [face_laugh]

14. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    If Han Solo is getting killed off in this episode, I doubt Chewie will bite it too. It would put too much of a massive downer on this first episode of the ST, and it would also take away from the drama of Han's death.

If anything Chewie should be kept alive to look after Han's friends and family. In a way, that's not too dissimilar to what happened with Chewie after Han was put into carbon freeze and spirited away by Boba Fett.

I know likes this.
  15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    This is whatI was meaning, but you put it better ;)

Makes sense - I hope Chewie gets a lot more to do in the new trilogy than in the OT.

He is the must underused character.

16. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Agreed. Chewie is an iconic Star Wars character, much like 3PO and R2. Being an alien he could live on for years to come. Doesn't make sense for Disney to kill him off. Especially when you don't actually see the actor underneath.

17. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

As I understand it, Peter Mayhew, while in good health now, can't move unaided all that, so I imagine they'll also use some of the same height and build to take his place in any action scenes.

I'm really hoping Chewie gets a to do some hand to hand combat in the trilogy, especially Episode VII, so hopefully it won't all be close up or Chewie in the cockpit.

I know likes this.
  18. smallpaul

smallpaul Jedi Master star 3

Aug 15, 2001
    I think the Falcon has always been a symbolic allegory of Han Solo. It's a pirate ship with a heart of gold. It's been battered and is made from scraps but it always pulls through in the end. Whatever condition the falcon is in represents the condition of Solo. My guess is that if the Falcon survives then Han survives. They go together. If Solo dies,As painful as it is to say I think the right decision is for the falcon to go with him.

FRAGWAGON and Chewbaccon like this.
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'd agree with that... but the problem lies in what that could entail for Chewbacca, as others noted above.

Chewbaccon likes this.
  20. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I suspect the Falcon will be seen throughout the entire ST piloted by Solo JR and Chewie (Chewie promising to protect the kids after Han's passing)

The Falcon, IMO, is more of a symbol of the Rebellion and hope then a mere pirate ship as she was arguably involved
    in some of the more critical points of the OT.

1- Blasted out of Mos Esley w/ Luke, Ben, droids and the plans to the Death Star
    2- Escaped the Death Star w/ the princess in tow
    3- Assisted in clearly the way for Luke to blow the DS
    4- Escaped Hoth while being chased by Vader and a fleet of Star Destroyers
    5- Led the Rebellion's final assault on the 2nd Death Star

Jcuk, Iron_lord, I know and 1 other person like this.
  21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    While I can see the point in your thinking, I also think the Falcon is even MORE iconic of classic Star Wars than Han's character. Well, Han's character in ANH and ESB anyway. It was Lando's before Han got his hands on it so it has a history all of its own. The Falcon is a character all on its own, no matter who happens to be piloting it. That's my opinion.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    I only just discovered that there has been an in-universe explanation for Han's par sec "goof" in ANH.

23. SgtTimBob

Jun 5, 2014

I never saw that as a goof. The shortest (and therefore quickest) route between two spaces is a straight line. The ship with the most sophisticated navigation computer in the galaxy would therefore be the fastest ship in the galaxy.

Darth Chiznuk and fishtailsam like this.
  24. Chewbaccon

Chewbaccon Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    Just realized, if Han does die and Chewie is left to deal with it, we might actually SEE Chewie rip the arms off people. A raving mad Chewie would be something to see!

Big dumb question but I cannot recall if Chewie can fly the Falcon on is own? Trying to remember...it has always been Han or Lando as the main pilot, at least onscreen.

25. SgtTimBob

Jun 5, 2014
    The Falcon seems to have always been a two man job in terms of piloting, at least in the films.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.