main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Millennium Falcon in E7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nice close up look of the new satellite. Looks good.

2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I thought the top image was Iger posing next to the actual Full Scale Model of the Millenium Falcon, on the Pinewood Studios Set. [face_hypnotized] :p

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    And..my face just melted.

Satipo likes this.
  4. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    The ramp,legs,parts of the underbelly and cockpit are real but some of the cgi parts really stick out like a sore thumb, the round part above the ramp is horrendous

5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    The falcon is a practical build.

Pro Scoundrel and TheBBP like this.
  6. danmcken

Nov 7, 2003
    The one in that pic isnt a completely practical build

dekaneas likes this.
  7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Yeah, that's an amazing eye that you have, especially considering that they built full-scale models for their sets.

8. danmcken

Nov 7, 2003
    They may have built full scale models but certain details are added later , we have seen set photos with only half the falcon built so why should this be any different?

9. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Given we know they built a full scale Falcon set on one of the stages at Pinewood, I'd say that's the real deal. Iger is composited in from the US.

TheBBP likes this.
  10. danmcken

Nov 7, 2003
    Im not afraid to say i may be wrong and that it could be the blending of the composite that is making the back end look off there is an obvious blur and softening on the left hand side of the photo

11. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I think that is the more likely issue, I would imagine, but with this stuff who can say 100% for sure without confirmation.

danmcken likes this.
  12. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

They don't build half a falcon to add in the rest later, they build half a falcon because that is what they need for their camera angles, i.e. "Practical". The rest of their sets aren't full-on Star Destroyers or alien planets either.

sizziano and darth dariakus like this.
  13. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Hey to be completely honest i thought the part above the ramp was cgi too...if it IS a full scale model then at the very least the picture doesnt do it nearly as much justice as what the big screen will and even upped my excitement for the movie even more

14. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. Now she makes .6 past light speed!"

sizziano, TheBBP and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  15. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    That's definitely 100% practical in the Pinewood pic... Yes, even the part on top of the ramp. This isn't the first time we've seen that, either...

TheBBP likes this.
  16. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Wait a minute. How can you guys say this is practical when Fortune itself says it's CG? Not trying to offend anyone, I'm just wondering. Did I miss sth?
    As I said in several threads before I'm still saying parts of the "Hunk' a Junk" video was CG and I feel kinda supported by this Iger photo. That being said I'm rather kinda disappointed with what we got from the Falcon so far. I want a real old school style practical shot that we also got with the X-Wing in the Force For Change video. But it's still a year to go so I don't worry too much.

17. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013

They said that the cover photo of the falcon is CGI (which was pretty obvious, they even left the white wire-frame visible for artistic effect) and the shot with Iger leaning next to the metal thing next to the Pinewood Falcon is a composite image of Iger from NY and the Falcon on set. No CGI there, just a composite image.

And the Hunka Junk video? Come on... What looked CGI about that? That is totally practical!!!

TheBBP likes this.
  18. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    This is cinema my friends... It's the art of illusion... and making the unreal seem real.

19. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I wonder what is going to happen with this ship once Han is gone. I was expecting Poe to pilot it on the next episodes given the rumors around him. But it seems pretty clear he has his own X-Wing.

20. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    It will be probably be returned to Lando in a cameo role or maybe Luke will have a use for it. Im shocked everybody seems to think Han is making a early exit in TFA.

21. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Well, Ford always thought Solo should have died, but Lucas nixed that idea to sell Han Solo toys. Also, the first episode of every trilogy always involves the death of an important mentor. So many speculate that Han will die in Episode VII to add gravitas to the story and follow the pattern of previous trilogies.

But now I'm seeing a lot of news articles about Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad being in the new spinoff Han Solo movie. If there's any truth to this rumor -- in particular, the part about a spinoff movie being about Han Solo -- I can't see recasting anyone as a young Han. I think they'll probably do a ST-era Han Solo story, in which case, Han would need to survive Episode VII.

I'M SO CONFUSED!
    [​IMG]

And, of course, in either case, the Millennium Falcon should be featured as prominently in any Han Solo spinoff movie as it is in Episode VII. The Falcon sells better than the s-word.

22. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

[face_laugh]

Makes one think about how people would talk about the OT if the Internet existed 30+ years ago.

23. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014

The CG wire-frame description is referring to the image on the cover, I believe.

entourage likes this.
  24. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    The Falcon is one of the most iconc things in SW. I'm sure Lucasfilm/Disney will do everything in their power to keep it in the movies post Han's departure (indeed if he 'departs' at some point).

25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I believe the Falcon is a real practical Effect movie prop set because Kevin Smith described the set on video, you can check out the Kevin Smith video on youtube by typing in star wars episode 7 Kevin Smith. I thought the picture of the Falcon with Iger was so beautiful that I made it my desktop wallpaper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.