main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Millennium Falcon in E7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

Avnar and B99 like this.
  2. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    A gambling debt needed to be paid off [face_dunno][face_laugh]

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well in the Han book he mentions gangs after him and his ship and one of the gangs mentioned happened to be based on Jakku, so if that gang took possession of his ship....

4. Enkei

Enkei Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    Luke used it to hide his daughter while she was a baby. He was taken away from the planet in another ship.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Why was R2-D2 and C-3PO bought by a completely random guy who incidentally had owned 3PO 30 years ago and the message inside R2 was found by the brother of the girl in the message and the son of the man trying to get the droids? Can't be talking about conveniences in a Star Wars movie man...

Wildcatbarry and The Jaded Irk like this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Stopped in for fuel and a slim Jim!

Sarge likes this.
  7. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Do we know what Han has been doing for the last thirty years? That might explain why the Falcon is on Jakku.

Wildcatbarry and Solo-Skywalker like this.
  8. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014

I have always said this and according to earlier rumors Han Solo was separated from the Falcon not to much before "The Force Awakens" occurs; how it gets there is I think one of the many mysteries because the circumstances surrounding it's arrival to the salvage station where BB-8, Rey and Finn use it to escape Jakku could tell us a lot about Rey herself.

9. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Because Han left it there for his daughter...[face_dancing]

10. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Honestly I think the Falcon being on Jakku is going to be one of the weaker points of the story and isn't nearly as complicated a scenario as people are making it out to be.

Apparently the intro to Smuggler's Run sets the stage for Han to potentially lose/have already lost the Millenium Falcon by a gang of pirates based on Jakku not too long before the beginning of TFA. Ergo, Han lost the Falcon to these pirates- who are then robbed of the Falcon themselves by Rey, Finn and BB-8 during the first act of TFA and run into Han during his attempt to negotiate a trade or repurchase of the Falcon back.

If Rey is Han's niece or daughter, which she probably is, then it's a coincidence they run into each other. Not necessarily perfect writing, but that seems to be the case based on the details we apparently have to work with right now.

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Due to whatever circumstance, it was forsaken after the Battle of Jakku. Years later, broken and in a state of disrepair, it is discovered by Rey. Who immediately feels a certain affinity to it. Something she can't explain. But never the less, it's an instinct that compels her to claim the ship as her own. With the distinct aim of restoring it. Much like a Motorsport mechanic/engineer would have such a hobby to concentrate on in their spare time. Just a possibility..

Sarge likes this.
  12. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Due to whatever circumstance, it was forsaken after the mBattle of Jakku. Years later, broken and in a state of disrepair, it is discovered by Rey. Who immediately feels a certain affinity to it. Something she can't explain. But never the less, it's an instinct that compels her to claim the ship as her own. With the distinct aim of restoring it. Much like a Motorsport mechanic/engineer would have such a hobby to concentrate on in their spare time. Just a possibility..

13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    The REAL jokes stopped being funny awhile ago... And it's funny that a small crowd of jaded fans annoyed at how the world treated the PT actually think this is a bad thing (real deserts etc etc) as it is EXACTLY what everyone has been crying out for! Just like the Hobbit films - Wait to see the backlash Warcraft gets... Film like the ST, Dark Knight trilogy, new Bond films etc have got it right.

Anyways back on topic...I think the Falcon is there because it was stolen from Han in the recent past as a way of bringing him into Reys story :cool:

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I have been wondering how Bounty Hunters will get squeezed into the new films and I think you may have just uncovered the incident that kicks it off! What do you think??

15. JediRocks74

Oct 7, 2015
    Maybe the Falcon had to set down during the battle of Jakku because of damages it sustained. That's all I got.

16. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Well, from the sound of things, I'd wager that the pirates who stole the Falcon are the ones that Rey, Finn, Han and Chewie all fight right after leaving Jakku. The pirates are there with Han to negotiate a price for Han to get the Falcon back (or try to establish that he can't get it back at all)... only for the Falcon to pop up right at their feet mid-conversation thanks to Rey, Finn and BB-8 and the negotiations with Han and Chewie fall apart rapidly.

17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    But wasn't the battle YEARS before the events of TFA? Can't imagine Han has been tracking it for that long... I think it (him losing it) will be something that happens in the recent past.

JediRocks74 likes this.
  18. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

I'm not sure which of these would upset me more;
    1. The Falcon at some point in the movie has to stop because the hyperdrive is damaged
    2. The Falcon at NO point in the movie has to stop because the hyperdrive is damaged
    I guess I'm part of a tough crowd!

Sarge likes this.
  19. JediRocks74

Oct 7, 2015

Yes. So im guessing that Solo has been without the Falcon for many years. That's why he said," Chewie, were home."

Sarge and rumsmuggler like this.
  20. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah that could work... I am just wondering (because what is Star Wars without them :D ) how Bounty Hunters will feature in the new films...and two incidents stick out to me.

1 - Finn going awol from the First order. They may want him captured if they don't succeed themselves...
    2 - The Falcon gets stolen from the pirates and they want it back (or the people responsible)

?

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I like number 1! It's tradition. Haven't you ever had a friend that has a car that always has issues at the worst possible time?? Grrr

22. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hmmm, yeah you may be right. That line doesn't seem to be something you would say if you had only lost it for a few days... Guess we'll find out soon enough!

23. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Han needed a moment and grabbed a Twix.

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  24. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Wow, lot of angry assumptions there! Actually I think the Jakku scenes in TFA look very nicely done.

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thread Merge

Avnar - Please don't double post (post back to back). You can reply to more than one person in a post and you have edit time if you forget something. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.