main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Millennium Falcon in E7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    If they keep this franchise going long enough, it might eventually actually lift off into space at one point.

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Or awaken, with it's own personality, transformer style. It may get an agent and start negotiating contracts.

DarthBreezy and Echo-07 like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This. Is. The. Best. Rumor. Evar. Today.

Jet Li is playing the Falcon! [face_dancing]

Taalon likes this.
  4. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I knew that.

5. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I can't wait to watch someone sitting on the back of the Millennium Falcon again, holding onto it's feathers, and delivering the titular line.

6. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Well I heard a rumor that the Falcon didn't want to reprise its role. It's so full of itself. ;)

Mystery_Roach and Echo-07 like this.
  7. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Like the hyperdrive

Ryus likes this.
  9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    The first dead giveaway was the fact that the photo is black and white. In the 21st century no one has a B & W cell phone camera or any other (handy and efficient) for that matter.

10. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Like most fans, I have a VERY strong opinion of the Falcon. That opinion is that is the greatest spaceship to ever grace the silver screen, past, present or future...

One thing I disagree with is "blowing it up", ever.... It's the gift that keeps on giving. The Falcon is a vehicle that has had a long history before Han, and should have a long history after Han. As long as Disney is going to pump out Star Wars films, the Falcon should be part of it. The only 2 characters that deserve to live just as long or longer should be R2D2 and C3PO.

I find it somewhat disturbing that so many fans want the Falcon, Han and Chewie to "blow up" in some blaze of glory. Really? We've been waiting since 1983 to have them back, and you want them to die? Is that because the only way a movie can be good is you have to kill off characters that are well loved? Because sadness is the only feeling that matters in a movie? Screw that! I want Han and Chewie showing these young punks how it's done. And I want them rocking the Falcon why they do it.

Let Ford have his Han Solo death... In Episode 9! But keep the Falcon and Chewie alive.

Oh, and one last thing, don't change the look of the Falcon! I can see it now, the same people that complain about the PT, will complain "how they ruined the Falcon by changing it". Han cold have added a few mods over the years, but definitely it should have the same look. I think it should have Seismic Charges!
    [​IMG]

11. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if this rumor were true. The Falcon is kind of as much of a given as R2-D2 in any movie following ROTJ anyway. I can't imagine even a remote possibility that it won't return. So would this be the first time a complete full-scale version has been built? I believe so.

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    +1000

phatdude1138, Excellent post! I'm with you all the way. I would just say that I don't think it's that fans WANT Han and Chewie to die, but that it's probably inevitable since it seems that the Big 3 are not the main focus and that there is a possibility for the episodes to continue beyond Episode 9. I think it's fair to say that some of the Big 3, if not all, will probably be written out by death. However, we know Ford is coming back and he seemed the least likely ever to be spotted in another SW movie. And the fact that he's willing to come back, apparently likes his story arc, and is apparently coming back for multiple episodes bodes well for us. IF he does die, I agree with most fans that it should be specatacular, epic and heroic. YET, ultimately I agree with you -- that doesns't mean the Falcon and Chewie have to go too. In fact I think they can be passed on to the new generation as well and I would be very disappointed if that didn't happen.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, we don't.
    It seems very, very likely, but it's still speculation.

14. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I talked to Harrison yesterday. He said, "For you Immortiss, I'll do it".

15. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I hear you. I totally understand the "Han" death because Ford always wanted him to die. However there is something morbid about having 3 original characters that you "have" to kill off within 3 films. It seams very "Walking Dead" to me: basically kill off important/popular characters every once and a while.

I remember debating if Padme would die in ROTS. I thought she "wouldn't" because it kinda messes up the "Leia remembering her mother when she was young", but Luke didn't and they were twins. My friends had a point saying "well then she dies off screen?" But to me it didn't make sense that Leia "remembered" her. But that's a debate for another thread.

Long story short is I personally don't believe that main "old" characters have to be "killed off". That not only means the main 3 but Lando, Wedge, and even Chewie eventually. Also I like the idea of "old" actors showing they can out act and be just as important as young characters. Look at Christopher Walken, Clint Eastwood. The entire cast of the Expendables, especially Chuck Norris. I can see Han going strong through all three films.

Let's look at it from another angle: So what if there is this new great threat to the galaxy/Jedi, etc. That conflict spans all three films. Then at the end of EP9 the "evil" is destroyed, and Han, Luke and Leia are still alive as the credits roll? If it is a good film I don't think it matters. Granted in real life the actors may not be able to (or want to) act in future films, again, so what? If there is an EP9 the young heroes can be old and they can refer to the off screen deaths, or not. Hearing that Han and Leia died of old age on their Correlian farm is fine for me.

But back on topic before the mods get to me, there is absolutely no need to kill off the droids or the Falcon, and at least for a hundred years, Chewbacca. I like the idea of having a common thread of characters that span ALL the films (even the spin offs). Like I've said in other threads "what makes Star Wars a Star Wars film?" Is it just the name of the film and the planets? Or can their be familiar characters and themes?

16. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    To me, the only OT character who probably "has" to die somewhere in the ST is Luke... either in film 1 (like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan before him) or film 3 (like his father before him).

I don't want to see the Falcon destroyed either though. I can definitely imagine it showing up in post-saga material. Why waste that ability? You'll always get a positive response and it's one of the single easiest things in these movies to bring back, since there doesn't necessarily need to be a specific actor attached to it.

Immortiss likes this.
  17. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    You know it would be nice if the Falcon had a rival in the new trilogy.......say something called The Condor perhaps?

[​IMG]

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Or a Swallow.

19. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    An African or a European swallow?

20. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Corellian.
    They're interstellar migrating birds :p

Count Yubnub likes this.
  21. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I just want to say, while I don't want any of them to die.....if it allows for good story telling then go for it. But don't add a death for the sake of adding a death, only if it makes sense to what is going on in the movie.

22. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    You mean to say they're not bringing back the original Falcon? That they've built an entirely new ship? How can you have a ST without the original Millennium Falcon? It just won't be the same - just like R2D2 wasn't the same without Kenny Baker. This borders on sacrilege.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    But will it be faster and more intense?

Count Yubnub likes this.
  24. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    This one can make the Kessel Run in 11 parsecs.

25. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.