main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Millennium Falcon in E7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    If thats a full size falcon, then I'm a gundark's uncle.

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The cockpit looks a bit oversized, in fact.

3. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    small potatos make the meat look bigger.

4. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    If they have built it full sized, that could mean that we will see lots of shots of the Falcon. :)

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. They have to have other iconic ships introduced, although I could see the Falcon outliving all the remaining characters from the OT.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So when can I build a full-scale Death Star?

For non-nefarious reasons, I assure you.

Sith-Mullet likes this.
  7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    How about:

The Century Penguin

The Decade Ostrich

The Twelve-Minute Pink-breasted Lark

8. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    What about R2's new feature being able to pilot the Falcon?

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  9. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I've lost track of where the current rumor stands, but I do not believe for a second they are building a full size Falcon, interior and exterior. Having a small interior space simply is not conducive to filming. You can't get a whole camera crew (with 3d cameras?), sound men, director, etc, into such a small space (with such low ceilings) and leave enough room for the actual, you know, action.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. A full size exterior, with some interior spaces, is almost certainly what they're doing, with separate sets for the prolonged interior scenes. But this article sounds to me like they are just building a full size replica of the entire thing, inside and out, for filming.

His little head can stick out the top hatch of the Falcon in X-Wing style. :D

Echo Base and Granger like this.
  10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    This... just had to be quoted.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  11. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    This is exactly what I was going to say. I heard the forcecast talking about how they could move it to Disney for the supposedly planned walk through attraction. Not a chance. The Falcon would be at least three sets: the full size exterior, the cockpit and the interior. The most that the exterior set would have inside it is a place for the cast to huddle out of sight after ascending the ramp. The rest of it would be full of scaffolding and lights.

12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

I could see it also having a proper cockpit area so that the characters can be seen in exterior shots, but yeah, not the full interior.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I just hope the Falcon has a really cool mini-bar.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Then we can't get a 5 minute steadycam shot through the cockpit into every single room in the Falcon, which is clearly why it's being built up in full!

15. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004

I'm guessing this was a joke, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that. I think they'd probably want a set with movable walls for it though. But honestly, I can't decide whether I think it could be pulled off within the stylistic confines of the saga. Probably not, but you never know.

16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Wow. Someone at that fansite saw that falcon pic and thought that they should run it? I don't care if they updated their story to acknowledge that it is 30 years old, either someone or multiple people there are beyond gullible or they were trolling for hits.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Mostly a joke, but I would actually dig a shot like that and Abrams does toss in a few single-takes here and there in his movies. Every Star Wars flick has their own little distinct stylistic flourish (There's a POV shot from Threepio in Phantom Menace of all things!), I could see a shot like that happening (just FX magic the in-between transitions from the different Falcon sets).

Immortiss and Mystery_Roach like this.
  18. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    They won't need FX magic to transition between sets. I fully expect that they will build the entire Falcon interior as a single set; it just won't be inside the same Falcon exterior. The reason is that most likely the ceilings will have to be CG'ed in to allow for more control of the lighting and the walls will be movable to allow for camera placement.

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    You hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head! Ouch! :p

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  20. Hammer_Head

Hammer_Head Jedi Padawan

Dec 8, 2013
    She's Got it where it counts kid!

21. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    They built two fulsize sets for Firefly. One for the upper deck one for the lower. the rooms were all connected so you could film walking from the back to the front. and do scenes that moved around in the ship. If you are worried about space for cameras/crew you just design the set with walls that pull out.

not saying I believe they are doing this with the falcon, just noting that they could be doing this.
    and that would be super cool.

Immortiss and Sarge like this.
  22. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004

That's exactly what I was saying. I would wager this is exactly what they will do. That's also why it will probably be a different set from the full sized Falcon exterior

fishtailsam likes this.
  23. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Even if the source isn't reliable, it's a pretty easy guess that set construction has begun and at least parts of the Falcon are being built. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a spy photo in the next month. Maybe not the Falcon, but another set that will be needed during early filming.

TheBBP likes this.
  25. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    More like another rumor to confirm the other rumor.

Thus, indeed they are building the Falcon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.