main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Millennium Falcon in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by cerealbox, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Is the Falcon going to die?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2019.
  1. Duh

27.5%
  2. Nope

57.5%
  3. Knights of Ren (not appearing, no explanation)

15.0%
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Will the old jalopy finally get destroyed and join Luke, Han, Blue lightsaber and Leia (supposedly) in death in Episode IX?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
  3. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Might as well, they've taken everything else from us.

4. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    That would suck

5. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Knights of Ren [face_clown]

6. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    Probably. I'll be pleasantly surprised if she does considering their track record with OT things so far.

7. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Falcon along with anything else OT is fair game to be destroyed. I would assume it stays, but I assumed that about Luke for one more episode and was wrong.

8. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    Still, I thought the Falcon's appearance at th eend of Jedi was wonderful, as was Chewie being the key to it - Kylo's FURIOUS reaction to it, allowing emotions to get the best of him, sending the fighters after it.

9. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Chewie should kamikaze in the Falcon to take down the First Order / Kylo Ren. (This is also what I think he should have done in TFA)

10. Lady Rey

Lady Rey Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    Can I just say Chewie is my fav pilot now? He did some crazy flying that made Han and Rey look like beginners! I loved him so much in TLJ and think he should claim it in IX.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  11. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Amazing, everything you just said is wrong.
    Luke is in the next episode
    Not everything from the OT is destroyed
    And the Falcon will survive

themoth and Lady Rey like this.
  12. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    TLJ showed us who the Captain now. It's Chewie! :chewie:

scuiggefest and Lady Rey like this.
  13. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    Physically alive? Force ghost doesnt do it for me.

14. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Ok. Doesn't do it for you. You said you thought Luke would have one more episode. He literally will be in the next episode.
    Honestly, some of the complaints on these boards are beyond absurd.

Flyboy240 likes this.
  15. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    I’m talking about staying alive until the end of 9 is what I wanted. I’m sorry if it’s absurd to have wanted it to go that way.

16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Can we have a catch-all "Petty Whines and Butt Hurt about TLJ" thread to stop folk going off-topic in every thread about their "Petty Whines and Butt Hurt about TLJ". It's really annoying.

dogprivilege likes this.
  17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    RKR and Jamtia like this.
  18. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    Sorry about that, I will try to keep better track of what threads I’m on. When I respond, I just look at the replies through my phone. Anyways back to the topic.

They really haven’t introduced any new ships in this trilogy to suggest something that can replace the falcon. Holdo’s resistance one may have been the only thing. I doubt they will shoehorn a new ship in. I think the Falcon will live on, just like the droids and Wookie.

Darth-Seldon likes this.
  19. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I'll echo @Jamtia's comments. I got carried away.
    It doesn't make much story sense or from a marketing/branding perspective for them to do away with the Falcon, the droids or Chewie. On the latter point, just look how much they're selling Lego Falcon sets for.

Jamtia likes this.
  20. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I can respect that.

I just don't see them ending the sequel trilogy in IX, with everyone in the Falcon though.

Since they just did that in TLJ.

21. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    It will be interesting to see. They don’t have to be on the falcon at the end of the movie despite being at the end of the last two movies. The falcon can be landed, or even under repairs as the ST comes to an end.

I just wonder who will be utilizing the falcon the most. I know it’s been Rey and Chewie, but I would love to see Poe or Finn on the captains seat, even Nien Nunb again.

22. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    As we know, the Falcon is far too small to carry a cloaking device. Hux was 100% confident that the Resistance would be unable to escape his hyperspace tracker, snd Snoke seemed to agree. Although Holdo managed to break Snoke's ship in two, presumably killing it, Finn specifically predicted that the First Order would simply track them from another ship.

My conclusion is that the Falcon's chances of surviving the next few hours after TLJ look slim indeed.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I give it a 25 percent chance of being destroyed

24. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I thought they were going to blow it up in TLJ and then basically bring it back in the Solo film. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe Ben Solo will us it to escape the First Order and go into hiding on Tatooine at the end of the movie.

25. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    It's a tough call. I could see them keeping it just because they know the fans enjoy seeing it, but really, it seems like it should be long gone. It was already a fixer-upper in the OT, and that was thirty years ago. The fact that it was still running fine in TFA was a bit odd.
    I guess I'd kind of like to see it go out in a blaze of glory now, and then we could finally get some new iconic ships in the next episodes, rather than relying as much on nostalgia.