main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Milliways - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe! (IC Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Penguinator, May 10, 2010.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sergeant Isk, Milliways

Nalo turned round. ? Well, I've gotta get going. It was nice talking with you, Sergeant, and I'm sorry I can't stay longer. Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other here again sometime? He pushed the door to the speeder park open, and turned to wave back at them.

?Whoa-wait!? Isk exclaimed, leaning over the bar to grab an object from underneath, then back on his feet, he spun and tossed the item underarm towards the team coach to catch.

?Vortex manipulator.? He explained, walking after Nalo. ?In case you want to pop by RPF Academy, to visit, to tell us about your Limmie game, that sort of thing. You can hand this to one of your characters if you want to send them instead.?

Tag: Nalo, Walter

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Marte Nalo

"Whoa-wait!"

Marte stopped and turned around just in time to see a wrist chrono?sized object flying at him. He reached out to catch it, but in his slightly inebriated state, his timing was off just enough that it bounced off his hand and landed on the floor. Marte picked it up as Isk explained what it was.

"Vortex manipulator. In case you want to pop by RPF Academy, to visit, to tell us about your Limmie game, that sort of thing. You can hand this to one of your characters if you want to send them instead."

"Thanks," Marte replied. "I seem to be doing fine right now, but I'll definitely keep it in mind in case I need help later. I'm outta here. I'll probably see you later, either here or at the Academy."

Marte turned and headed out the door, climbed in his speeder, and took off, vanishing as he was transported back to his own time.

OOC: Thanks for an entertaining diversion from Elite League Limmie. I am in fact considering finding a more traditional game to join as well, and I'll be sure to stop by the Academy if I need any help with that. :)

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Leonard T. Boscoe

One of the hazards of life as a prophet was that occasionally you were transported by a vision. Well, not actually physically transported, just mentally transported. As in checked out, eyes glazed over, transported. Leonard had particularly transporting visions. They could last for weeks at a time sometimes. How he didn?t die of dehydration was a mystery to Leonard, but hey, he didn?t. Lucky him, right?

The visions were rather intense. They had to do with an office, a city parks and recreation department, the ongoing story told by a father to his kids of how he met their mother, a murder mystery writing novelist and the attractive female detective he based his character off of, seaside gangsters in days gone by, polygamists in suburbia, the travails of a major network late night sketch comedy show, a witness protection marshal, a burned spy, a marshal stuck in his rural home state, a nightly quiz show, two political satire news shows of different tenors, plenty of hockey usually featuring a team whose mascot was made famous by an ominous John Williams score, and football playoff games.

?Wha what?? Leonard said, suddenly snapping out of his reverie. He looked around. His beer was now room temperature, and thus not fit for anything, including watering plants. The establishment was now curiously devoid of action.

?Did I miss anything?? Leonard asked, though he reflected that considering everything he?d seen, perhaps everyone else should be worried about what they?d missed, ?My mind feels rather drabbled. I mean scrabbled. I mean addled. Yes, addled, that would be it.?

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sergeant Isk

The seatrooper non-com continued staring out into the restuarant's dark and rainswept car park. The Limmie Coach had just said his farewells and disappeared, then the scene outside had whited out, triggering the tropospheric protection within his helmet's macro-viewplate, darkening the transparent material to prevent damage to his eyes.

The white glow bathed the car park, then two words floated, black against the white, several metres ahead and above: SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

"Alright. What the drokk is that about?"

?Wha what??

Isk snapped his head round, looking into Milliway's dark interior. He could not see a darned thing, not even his hand when he deliberately waved it in front of his face! Of course!

The seatrooper pulled off the helmet, and his vision immediately improved. The hobo was still laying across the bar, and the Leonard fellow with whom he had chatted before, was stirring at the circular booth table.

?Did I miss anything?? Leonard asked, clearly slightly out of sorts. ?My mind feels rather drabbled. I mean scrabbled. I mean addled. Yes, addled, that would be it.?

The sergeant kicked the door shut against the disturbing white out, outside, and crossed the room to slide in opposite the confused talker. He made no attempt to answer the other's questions.

"Your beer is flat." He observed.

Tag: Any

5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Ah, now it was coming back to him. This was Colonel Fisk. Wait, no, that?s not right. That was from one of the visions. This was Admiral Isk. No...still didn?t have it. Uniform?helmet?not an admiral. Sergeant? Yes, Sergeant Isk.

"Your beer is flat."

Leonard looked down at his beer, the Peroni that the helpful seatrooper had suggested earlier. He raised the room temperature glass to his nose, leaving a pool of water on the table where the glass had been standing. Leonard sniffed. He realized, in the process, that he didn?t know what flat beer smelled like. This put him in a rather awkward position. Should he taste the beer, thus telling the Sergeant that he, Leonard T. Boscoe, Prophet Extraordinaire (Leonard didn?t know when he?d become extraordinaire but he was pretty sure it had happened recently), did not know what flat beer smelt like? Oh the ignominy that would cause!

He considered the situation under pretense of very carefully considering the smell of flat beer. The solution presented itself shortly. Leonard simply put the glass down and decided to take the trooper?s word for it.

?Yes, absolutely, definitely flat,? Leonard concurred as if much scientific thought had gone into his declaration, ?A shame too. Waste of good credits. Wait?we don?t pay here do we? Hmmm?I wonder if it?s still a waste.? Leonard waved his hand to banish the thought.

?How are you?? Leonard asked.

[i]OOC: In the interval, I actually had Peroni and can say with total confidence that it would indeed be a waste![/i]

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

?Yes, absolutely, definitely flat,? Leonard concurred at length, ?A shame too. Waste of good credits. Wait?we don?t pay here do we? Hmmm?I wonder if it?s still a waste.? Leonard waved his hand to banish the thought.

Isk nodded. "Yes, we do pay." He hesitated. "Well, I say 'we', but I can get away with a 'The Empire Will Compensate You' note. They are backed by the IGBC, so shouldn't be any problem!"

?How are you?? Leonard asked.

"Me? I'm fine. Been back to the RPF Academy since you were last conscious, so a few days have passed." The sergeant smiled and proudly rapped his white chestplate. "I can say though that I still got the stellar military reaction times; saw an area effect Frost spell go off in Reception in front of me, and got my choob' outta there before it caught me. I'm sort of killing time here till things settle down back there. So, enough about me; what you been up to?"

Tag: Leonard

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

The seatrooper looked round at the sound of the entrance doors swinging open, to see Toshiko, and the two twi'leks, walk in.

"Hey guys!" He waved the green Peroni beer bottle at them from the round table. "Who's covering the RPF Academy?"

Agent Nifesta, the older of the two twi'leks, headed straight for the bar. "We have had no students for ages; time to take some time off, relax, recharge our batteries."

The junior twi'lek, sat at the same table as the Imperial. "Reception is covered. I've left a cushion with a smiley face on my seat."

Tag: no-one

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ..Kyra, for now.

A plume of darkness, and dark inky clouds came into being in a tiny corner of the restaurant. She had dealings with this place before, and knew of its sometimes dangerious quirks. Luckily, she had a chance to calm down, before coming here. Being in such a mood in this place could be positively life threating..

for other beings.

She slid the hood down from her face, and frostly checked the surrounding area. She then made her way to the bar, checking to see who from the academy might still be lingering here.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Agent Mitch Nifesta, Fenlaka Zula

Mitch checked behind the bar for drink types and munchies. "Fen, do you want crisps or peanuts?"

The younger twi'lek twisted round from the circular table he shared with the other Academy staff. "Crisps, please."

Mitch shifted his hand through the shiny, crackly foil packets housing what would be oil-fried potatoe, keenly sliced into warped circles of brittle yellow foodstuff. There were pink packets, green ones, blue ones. He selected a green-coloured packet, almost weightless, bulging with crisps and trapped air, and called back, "Fen. Incoming."

Thrown, the crisp packet arced across the room, Fenlaka cupping both small hands to catch it out the air.

The sound of glass clinked as the agent started to collect multiple beer bottles, to take over to his chums, but then he stopped, sensing someone close, but not yet inside Milliways.

"Guys, I think we've got company."

He looked towards the slatted gates that led out to the vehicle park.

Tag: Ktala, anyone

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyra...

Kyra looked around, as she made her way to the main building of the resturant. Deffinately not a dull moment in this place, as vechicles from all types of timeperiods and descriptions seemed to be here. And that was just from those who USED vechicles. No telling what other devices could be here. Good. She let the dark color of her eyes stay that way. While she was calmer, she was still annoyed. A drink would fix that.

And she was curious as to what was going on within the Academy. Probably not much, if they were here. Perhaps a little RnR? She would find out soon enough.

Letting her dark hair fall over her eyes, she pushed open the door, letting her eyes adjust to the room, before she strolled in, looking about. Noisy place. Time to see who was here...

TAG: Sithy, anyone else...

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mitch Nifesta

The twi'lek was first to see the newcomer. All eyes at the table looked sharply up at him as the beer bottle slipped from his hand, smacked loudly into the table top, and rolled off the edge, leaving a trail of bubbling liquid across the stained surface.

An invisible hand caught the bottle before it could smash over the floor, the agent recovering his wits quick enough to rescue the situation, however, of all the characters and npcs run by the player, he was the one who shared his sensibilities the most, and thanks to Sithy's exposure to the Ring franchise, the twi'lek had a second-hand intolerance to hair covering someone's face, a staple of Japanese horror cinema.

"Are you okay?" Fen asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Mitch brought the bottle up to the table, and managed a smile. "Well hello," he purred at the newcomer, "what's a l-lovely lady like you doing in a dive like this?"

Tag: Ktala

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyra

Kyra heard the drop of a bottle, but ignored it. A quick look about identified a certain twi'lek. Others she knew. But not who she had come to look for. But it meant that he was most likely close by. Fine. At least she knew some of the folks were here.

She stolled over towards the bar, ignoring the noise. She was still annoyed, but she was keeping herself calm. Right now, all she wanted was a drink. Then, she could figure out what her next move should be.

Kyra strolled over to the bar, and moved to order a drink. She was tempted to order a pangalacticgargleblaster, but she needed to keep a level head...or not grow another. she was never sure how that drink might react with her sometimes. So she ordered something a bit tamer. Oh yes, she was needing this break herself. Between getting lost, and dealing with an upcoming event, she was getting stressed. She closed her eyes, and rubbed her temples.

"Well hello,", a male voice purred.

'Of for the love of...!' Kyra opened her eyes at the sound of the voice and a chair scrape. Now it was her time to keep a straight face. "what's a l-lovely lady like you doing in a dive like this?"

Geesh! Even when escaping to another universe, the pick-up lines still stunk.

Kyra gave a wry grinned as she tilted her head back, letting her hair fall back. She gave a soft snort. "Obviously, I'm getting a drink..it IS a bar." she replied, wrapping her fingers around the glass as she felt the coolness of the ice on her fingertips.

She took a healthy swig of the drink, enjoying the slight burn to her throat. Oh, MUCH better. She gently put the glass down, and looked at the twi'lik. "And besides, Milliways has such a handsome view. Thought I'd take in a few sights, and blow off some steam."

She gave a slight smile, as she reached to take another sip from her drink. This could be fun after all.

Tag: Sith-I-5

13. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    IC: Darth Nemesis

There was no such thing as anybody out of place in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Some might have said that was impossible, but the sad fact was, it wasn't, or at least, not any more impossible than the Restaurant at the End of the Universe itself.

As such, nobody paid much attention when an obscene amount of palpable dark side energy coalesced into being, a shadow of sickly green mist shrouding the spectral form of Darth Nemesis. A Shadow, opaque, a wraith with no being, a spirit, an incarnation of the dark side. A sapient dark side nexus. A wound in the Force. The Sith'ari.

None of those titles meant anything to anyone anymore and that, Nemesis pondered, was just sad.

He moved forward with purpose and rapidity, approaching the bar where a Twi'lek male seemed to be making a pass at... Kyra, if his telepathy served.

"I nearly destroyed a galaxy," he spoke, his voice a rasping, hissing whisper that echoed as if coming from far away, from the depths of a dark tomb. Apt, one supposed, considering Nemesis was that - a tomb for anyone with the folly to approach his power. His presence killed all life around him, but here... it didn't. Nothing happened. He was vanquished. It was his own fault. But he was vanquished, and pathetic, now.

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, the people he was approaching would have died for simply existing.

Now all he could do was order a drink, and glare - made somewhat disturbing, or perhaps comical, or perhaps, impossible, by the fact he had no body - at the two beings he stood between.

TAG: Ktala, Sith-I-5

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta

"Obviously, I'm getting a drink..it IS a bar." she replied, wrapping her fingers around the glass as she felt the coolness of the ice on her fingertips.

She took a healthy swig of the drink, enjoying the slight burn to her throat. Oh, MUCH better. She gently put the glass down, and looked at the twi'lik. "And besides, Milliways has such a handsome view. Thought I'd take in a few sights, and blow off some steam."

The character felt his player?s irritation at the newcomer?s cheeky insistence that no-one would see the restuarant filling up with darkness, after all, the RPF Academy had had several similar visitations from another Sith entity.

Aha, I-5 had decided life was too short to argue, so the twi?lek relaxed.

?I nearly destroyed a galaxy.? The newcomer announced, pushing between Mitch and the girl.

He could have her, the twi?lek SGIS agent had already decided, taking a replacement Peroni from the bartender and twisting off the cap with his pale meaty fist.

Fear was not a switch he could turn on and off. Mitch wasn?t getting over her hair-across-the-face first impression fast enough to start serious flirting, no matter what words spilled from his mouth.

?Nearly destroyed a galaxy, eh?? Nifesta nodded at Dreadwar. ?You?re like the bastiche love-child of Darth Cadaverous and Rodney Mackay out of Stargate Atlantis. Can I have an autograph?? He looked through the entity, and winked broadly at Kyra. ?Oh wait, no hands.?

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyra

Kyra took a healthy swig of the drink, enjoying the slight burn to her throat. Oh, MUCH better. She gently put the glass down, and looked at the twi'lik. "And besides, Milliways has such a handsome view. Thought I'd take in a few sights, and blow off some steam."

The swirl of darkside energy suddenly filled the area, at Kyra held back a smirk. She was slightly surprised that the shroud suddenly decided to come and stand so to speak between herself and the twi'lek. It had a ... familiar taste to it. The Twi'lek didnt seen bother either. And he shouldn't. He certainly had seen enough of it himself.

"I nearly destroyed a galaxy." The newcomer announced, pushing between Mitch and the Kyra.

The Twi'lek took a replacement Peroni from the bartender and twisting off the cap with his pale meaty fist.

"Nearly destroyed a galaxy, eh?" Nifesta nodded at Dreadwar. "You?re like the bastiche love-child of Darth Cadaverous and Rodney Mackay out of Stargate Atlantis. Can I have an autograph?" He looked through the entity, and winked broadly at Kyra. "Oh wait, no hands."

*choke*

It was all Kyra could do to NOT spit out her drink as her eyes twinkled at the pair. Instead, she found herself grabbing her glass, and quickly sipping it, hiding the smile. It certainly had improved her mood.

Kyra gave a wide smile then. Yes, this was getting interesting by the moment. She reached over and grabbed a pack of chips, and opened them. She leaned back smiling.

"Pictures last longer anyway." she chimed in softly.

16. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010

Nemesis extended a ghostly hand to grab a pen to answer Nifesta's request, but it just sort of moved right through the kriffing thing, and he became decidedly upset.

Not that anyone would know that, of course. It's really, really hard to perceive when a wraith with a hidden face became upset or not. Still... The Twi'lek was having all too much fun, all things considered! Did he realize just how irritating it was being robbed of your chance at galactic domination and winding up at some establishment that even the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics said to be... well, very, very unlikely?!

"I believe it is spelled McKay, not Mackay," Nemesis hissed, energy whirling about him with renewed fervor. He instantly regretted those words as soon as he hissed them, however; he had just shown his inner geek and that was not a good trait for a Dark Lord of the Sith!

He suddenly had this image in his head of a thousand Sith warriors leading a million Stargate-haters swarming into his throne room and stabbing him repeatedly with lightsabers and slicing him with the edges of Stargate Atlantis posters torn in half with paint precisely sprayed over the area between the lead characters' upper lip and nose to form crude and mocking mustaches, chanting Down with the Geek Lord of the Sith and such.

Nemesis shook his ghostly head. He shouldn't be worried. After all, that had already happened and that was the primary reason why he hadn't been able to destroy the galaxy, and thus the primary reason why he was here in the first place. Thank god he had no corporeal form, or he wouldn't have survived to make it to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Rubbing nonexistent hands over nonexistent eyebrows - hey, no one said the laws of physics couldn't be bent somewhat impossibly in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe... or maybe it was just Nemesis going mad - he looked wearily towards Kyra. He stared at her for a time that any sapient from his galaxy would consider extraordinarily creepy, but in reality Nemesis wasn't actually staring at her but at the fly he swore he saw over her shoulder, but hey, it was hard to tell what a bodiless dark side entity was staring at anyway.

"I think I saw a fly buzzing over your shoulder," Nemesis rasped. The voice that had chilled so many to the bone lost its malice at exactly the moment the Sith Lord said those ten words.

TAG: Sith-I-5, Ktala

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyra...

Nemesis extended a ghostly hand to grab a pen to answer Nifesta's request, but it just sort of moved right through the kriffing thing, and he became decidedly upset. Kyra's eyebrow went up. Now, if he had grabbed it, she would have been impressed. Instead, she merely shook her head.

"I believe it is spelled McKay, not Mackay," Nemesis hissed, energy whirling about him with renewed fervor.

Oh no he didnt! Kyra smiled.

He then made a gesture, she wasnt too sure of as he brought his hand up over his face...well sort of. A few moments later, Kyra found herself fidgeting. She noticed that his general body .. er.. shapeless form seemed to be looking towards her. Staring? Hard to say. But having a void hovering very close to you, was enough to be ... strange, to say the least. Still, she would be polite. To a point.

"I think I saw a fly buzzing over your shoulder," the voice rasped.

Kyra blinked for a moment, and then gave a smile. "Well, tall, dark and vaporous. What called you here to this fine establishment? And don't tell me its the drinks. And hopefully, not the fly..unless he's a friend of yours?" Kyra gave a smile. "You...seem familiar. Cant you form yourself up any better than that?" she asked him, as she leaned back against the bar. She asked the wraith.

"Course, this place always draws out a crowd..." she added with a chuckle.

TAG: Those there..physically or not...

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, Fenlaka Zula

Mitch leaned on the bar, watching the wraith fail to grasp the pen lying in front of him. He brightened, at least he knew the bowl of peanuts was safe.

"I think I saw a fly buzzing over your shoulder," the voice rasped.

Kyra blinked for a moment, and then gave a smile. "Well, tall, dark and vaporous. What called you here to this fine establishment? And don't tell me its the drinks. And hopefully, not the fly..unless he's a friend of yours?" Kyra gave a smile. "You...seem familiar. Cant you form yourself up any better than that?" she asked him, as she leaned back against the bar. She asked the wraith.

"Course, this place always draws out a crowd..." she added with a chuckle.

"Dad!" The younger twi'lek called from the table he shared with the other Academy staffmembers. "Where have we heard of 'morphic fields' before?""

The SGIS agent turned from the happy couple, and leaned back against the bar. "Morphic what?"

"I'm trying to work out who's behind the Torchwood: Miracle Day plot, and Jack said the humans being affected at the same time all over the Earth was down to a morphic field, or resonance."

"I used to be Torchwood," Toshiko, the Academy receptionist, reminded.

"Yeah, talk to Tosh'." Mitch advised, then turned to Kyra and Nemesis. "Either of you been watching Torchwood: Miracle Day? Fen reckons it is 'awesome'."

"So do you!" Fen piped up.

The older twi'lek smiled sheepishly, "Yeah, so do I."

19. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010

The Shadow drew itself up to an impressive height, dark thoughts of hunger whirling through his mind. Yes... hunger... He needed to consume. CONSUME!!!

Thank the immortal gods of the Sith for the bowl of peanuts! Curse them for his lack of physical form; "I am spirit, so I cannot," he responded to Kyra's question, "unless I possess someone," he snickered and leaned forward, his telekinetic power raising the bowl through the air, peanuts one by one floating towards the empty blackness within his voluminous hood.

Crunching noises were heard as he rasped in Kyra's general direction, "I wish I could say peanuts brought me here but no, I was defeated and now this serves as my last refuge." His interest piqued when he heard Nifesta's question, Nemesis hissed, "I am unfamiliar with Torchwood... Is it possible to watch it here? I do appreciate 'awesome' things." If he had lips, they would have stretched in an awful smile.

TAG: Any

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5, Mitch Nifesta

Mitch was interested to hear the crunching of peanuts from inside the vapourous wraith's hood.

"I wish I could say peanuts brought me here but no, I was defeated and now this serves as my last refuge.I am unfamiliar with Torchwood... Is it possible to watch it here? I do appreciate 'awesome' things."

"It is now."

The tw'lek snapped his head round from the two beings at the bar, to see his player standing in the middle of the dusty grey floor, a black flat-screen tv under one arm, and surrounded by other stuff.

"Boss!"

"Mitch." Sithy acknowledged. "I just got evicted from Rocketjocks. So Milliways gets to benefit from the tv. I'm assuming it has BBC iPlayer."

"Evicted?" The twi'lek would have raised eyebrows if he had any. "You been fighting again?"

"What do you mean, again? Worse," he raised his hands to do the air quotes, "socialising."

Released from where he had had it clamped underarm, the flatscreen scraped down I-5's leg, and crashed to the floor.

"Agh! Drokk!"

Tag: Dreadwar, Kyra, any

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyra

"I am spirit, so I cannot," the wraith responded to Kyra's question, "unless I possess someone," he snickered and leaned forward, his telekinetic power raising the bowl through the air, peanuts one by one floating towards the empty blackness within his voluminous hood. Kyra's eyebrow raised upwards as crunching noises were heard. If he even thought about posession....Kyra scowled...but her face changed when she heard the crunching noises. wha? He cant grab stuff...but he could chew? Kinky.

He continued. "I wish I could say peanuts brought me here but no, I was defeated and now this serves as my last refuge."

Last refuge? Well, as refuges go, this place wasnt bad at all. The wraith then spoke to the twi'lek as he hissed, "I am unfamiliar with Torchwood... Is it possible to watch it here? I do appreciate 'awesome' things."

"It is now." the tw'lek replied as he snapped his head round from the two beings at the bar, to see his player standing in the middle of the dusty grey floor, a black flat-screen tv under one arm, and surrounded by other stuff.

"Boss!"

"Mitch." Sithy acknowledged. "I just got evicted from Rocketjocks. So Milliways gets to benefit from the tv. I'm assuming it has BBC iPlayer."

Kyra laughed softly, as she saw Sithy and heard his response from questions.

"Might be some more "socialising." here. Your second was not too happy with that little device you gave her. Sent her round the whirlpool...even more than a bloody tardis." Kyra stated with a laugh.

Released from where he had had it clamped underarm, the flatscreen scraped down I-5's leg, and crashed to the floor.

"Agh! Drokk!"

"Oh dear. Hope you didnt break it!" Kyra stated, as she gestured, letting the flatscreen float gently a few inches from the floor. "It would be such a waste. I rather like the few episodes I have seen."

Kyra kicked back, munching on some chips.

Tag: Dreadwar, Sithy, Nemesis, any

22. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Raven, the Wanderer of Worlds

From a darkened corner of the far-flung establishment, he spewed forth, as if ejected from some unseen tunnel. The figure stumbled and fell down on one knee and used his right arm, which was covered in a leather manica of ornate design, to stop himself from becoming prostrate. The black cloak he wore billowed behind him like a curtain of inky night, which matched his long raven colored hair.

There he paused for moment, his face still shrouded in shadow. strapped on the right side of his girdle, a sheathed sword protruded behind him, on his left side, a leather-bound tome with various mystic inscriptions and inlaid jewels, hung from a glinting chain. His left arm was naked and well muscled, save for the leather vambrace at the wrist and the signet ring of carnelian stone upon his forefinger.

No one seemed to notice him arrive, or perhaps more accurately, an arrival such as his was common place enough to warrant not a single side glance.

It didn't really matter either way.

Slowly, he looked up. His eyes which a moment ago bristled with mystic flames, simmered down, until only the gaze of his hazel eyes remained, which complimented his olive colored skin. With his left hand, he grabbed at his cloak and wrapped it round his form before rising, albeit unsteadily. From his expression, he appeared lost, but there was something else in that quizzical gaze of his. For yet another moment, he stood there, only his eyes flitting about as he studied his surroundings, then the moment passed and he proceeded forth.

His posture grew in confidence with each step as he made his way through the bustling crowd. Then he stopped and slowly looked to his right. There, he spotted an amorphous billowing darkness that for some strange reason caught his attention. He could feel the pulsing energy like a bonfire, even from where he stood. No one else seemed to be similarly affected, and if they did, they gave no indication of it.

What is this place?? He thought, then shook his head. Why couldn't he remember anything?

His eyes returned to the darkness, who was in the company of others, two who were mortals. How interesting.

Intrigued as he was, a different compulsion propelled him at the moment. Finally looking away, he strode to the place he needed to be and in a loud voice declared:

"Namrab! a Nogalf fo ruoy tsegnorts ela!!"

With a great gesture, he slapped down two golden coins on the table.

The person serving drinks behind the counter merely regarded him curiously and continued his duties. "Come again?" he said off-handedly.

Letting out a small sigh of frustration he shook his head. This was definitely not his day. He had no idea where he was or when, and a drink would all he needed right now. Closing his eyes, he took a breath, then his lips moved as he murmured something unintelligible. At the end of it, he opened his eyes and tried again, this time with a bit less pomp.

"Barman, a flagon of your strongest ale!"

This time he leaned in and rested an elbow on the counter, eyebrow raised, his expression expectant. The barkeep regarded him for a moment, taking the the newcomer's measure, then slowly nodded.

"A flagon of Pangalactic Gargle Blaster coming up."

That sounded pretty serious by the sound of it, which made him smile. The way he felt at the moment, he was going to need whatever potent alchemical mixology this place had to offer.

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mitch Nifesta, Sith-I-5

The pale, tan-cloaked twi'lek momentarily watched the sorceress, he was guessing, support the dropped telly, and comment that she hoped it was not broken.
    "It would be such a waste. I rather like the few episodes I have seen." Kyra said.

"Is it Miracle Day episodes you have been watching?" He asked, interested, his red eyes tracking the jewel-encrusted newcomer as he arrived at the bar, and ordered a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.

"You should try the nuts," Mitch suggested. "If the Destroyer of Worlds likes them," he nodded to the semi-transparent hood from which crunching sounds could be heard, "they must be good."

He put out a hand in greeting. "Agent Mitch Nifesta, hail....and you are?"

A sobbing drew his attention over to his player, I-5 looking down at the damaged plasma. "Oh, that is typical of my week. I've had a **** week."

Mitch furrowed eye-ridges. "You gave it four stars. Couldn't have been that bad."

Sithy sniffed, making no move to retrieve the floating flatscreen. "Not four stars, I starred out the non-TOS descriptive."

The agent turned to the barman. "I think we'll be needing another of those Gargle Blasters, mate." Back to Sithy. "Oh. So what happened, give me example."

"Had a short power cut at home, while I was at work, and you remember my Big Clock?"

Nifesta could not help smiling at the mention. "The combination dvd and video player that died with a CSI disc trapped inside?"

Sithy shook a depressed head. "That was my first one; got another player since then, that one broke too, video trapped, and dvd tray stuck in the open position. Last fifteen months, I've been using it as a big clock. Now, you know these things; won't let you reset the clock while the tray is out? Now all I get," <sniff> "is - - - -"

"Yeah...make that two Gargle Blasters."

Tag: all

24. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Raven, the Wanderer of Worlds

Raven listened to bits of conversation and found that even though he recognized was happening emotively with each speaker, he did not understand the content of their conversation. This made it much harder for him to gauge where or when he was. The nature of his displaced feelings brought to mind a sudden memory. He was somehow able to move through places. Yes, he just knew he could, but at the moment the 'how' of it eluded him. Where had he come from?

"Yeah, make that 'two' Gargle Blasters." He heard one of the beings say, was it the one with the two tentacles on his head? He'd been absorbed in his own thoughts and failed to see who the speaker had been. After a pause, Raven frowned.

"Barman, I only ordered one flagon for myself?" he noted.

"Don't worry stranger?" the barkeep said with a cool and collected smile. "He meant two for his table. Here's yours."

Raven nodded in understanding and watched as the barman slid a flagon his way. The gold pieces he'd placed on the table disappeared almost instantly.

Raven looked at the flagon and studied it. The container looked pretty much like any other flagon he'd encountered, so at least that was consistent. From the mouth of the container, smokey wisps rose and curled into the air, this in itself was not unusual. Raven murmured a few words under his breath and a flash seemed to pass through his eyes, at which point an expression of surprise came over his face, followed by an eager smile.

'Well, this definitely seems like quite the potent libation.' he acknowledged mentally.

Without hesitation, he grabbed the waiting flagon with his right hand and tested its weight, then waved the opening underneath his nose in order to scent the liquid contained therein. Looking over at the ones who had also ordered the same drink, he lifted his flagon and toasted them.

"To your health." He said, glad that his language spell worked so efficiently.

Patiently, he waited for the barman to deliver the two other drinks before he took a swig of the much anticipated liquor.

Tag: Sith-I-5, any

OOC: Sithy, you had me dying with that DVD/Video player humor. So true! LOL!! [face_laugh]

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyra

"It would be such a waste. I rather like the few episodes I have seen." Kyra said. "Is it Miracle Day episodes you have been watching?" He asked. "Not sure." she murmored as the newcommer walked up to the bar. "You should try the nuts," Mitch suggested. "If the Destroyer of Worlds likes them," he nodded to the semi-transparent hood from which crunching sounds could be heard, "they must be good."

He put out a hand in greeting to the new person. "Agent Mitch Nifesta, hail....and you are?"

A sobbing drew their attention over to his player, I-5 looking down at the damaged plasma. "Oh, that is typical of my week. I've had a **** week."

As Sithy continued to sob about his ill week, and the dark on continued to munch on peanuts, she gave a wink to the new person, as he looked rather dazed. She then turned and walked over towards Sithy as she pulled the unit to her.

"Oh, good grief. Its not like it cant be repaired." she snorted, as she looked at the unit. It was damaged. But a quick scan, she determined it was not unrepairable. Hopefully. Never sure in this place. She placed it down on a nearby table. And then she put a red glove on her hand, as she began to inspect the unit.

The bartender was delivering the other drinks, and Kyra spied the smoke coming off of them. 'oh...crap!' She gave a wicked grin.

She looked over at the newcomer. "Whats yer name pal? So in case we have to wake you up?" she stated, and then giggled. Then she shrugged. "Then again, I guess Ktala can wake you up. She should be here soon." Kyra turned her attention back to the broken unit.

TAG: ANY