main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Milliways - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe! (IC Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Penguinator, May 10, 2010.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Milliways

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rOMGIbY-9s&feature=related]The Restaurant at the End of the Universe[/link][/b]

[i]"If you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways - the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!"[/i]

[image=http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i179/gmiley/milliways_finalcopy_sml_post_size_2.jpg]

[hr]
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe is one of the most extraordinary ventures in the history of catering.

Built on the fragmented remains of an eventually ruined planet, it is enclosed in a vast time bubble and projected forward in time to the precise moment of the End of the Universe.

This is of course impossible.

Guests dine on the finest cuisine the whole of creation has to offer, drink from a bar with all the beverages ever created in the universe, and after dessert, the universe explodes for their pleasure.

This is of course equally impossible.

Guests can arrive any time they like and be ensured their desired seats without prior reservation; they may book retrospectively, as it were, upon returning to their own time.

This is also impossible.

At the Restaurant, one can meet and dine with a dazzling array of being from myriad points across time and space.

This is patently impossible.

One can rest assured that one will not bump into themselves, no matter how frequent their visits to the Restaurant, because of the embarrassment this causes.

This is absurdly impossible.

Payment is simple - simply place a penny in a bank account before departing on the time voyage to the Restaurant. Compound interest ensures that your meal, no matter how large or extravagant, your meal is paid for.

This, too, is impossible.

Marketing gurus have latched on to this, hence the Restaurant's slogan: "If you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with Milliways - the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!"

[hr]
    [b]House Rules[/b]

- Vehicles and means of transport are kept in the car park. All solar sailors, Lyricon custom cruisers, improbability and bistromathic drive ships, etc., are parked by our valet for your convenience.

- Please refrain from using weapons.

- Unless you are a twenty ton mega-elephant with bronchial pneumonia, you will be cut off after two (2) Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

- Be respectful of other patrons.

- The Restaurant retains the right to refuse service to anyone.

[b]SHARE AND ENJOY![/b]

2. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Nico

Nico walks into the bar. He sniffs his hispanic nose. He wrinkles it. He does not like this. Nico wipes his finger along a table. He frowns in disgust.

"Este hilo me pone enfermo. Escupo sobre él, y el que lo dio a luz. Tengo que ir a comer un taco ahora."

Nico leaves.

Tag: All

3. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Barman
    The Bar

The unfortunate Mr. Wowbagger had clearly not read the house rules carefully enough.

"He's had three. Take him away, fellas."

Two burly humanoids in ill-fitting suits marched up and grabbed Wowbagger by the arms, hauling him away.

"Whrrrrrr..." groaned Wowbagger. Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters did not sit well after one had already accrued a tab the size of a small moon.

4. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    The Spy
    The Bar

His hood was over his face.

Sitting down at the bar, he watched the man be pulled away beside him.

Good thing he left the blaster in the speeder.

?So, you got a Dr. Pepper??

He looked out from under his hood, flashing his bright blue eyes and blond hair.

?Going light tonight.?

TAG: All

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Barman
    The Bar

The Barman's third hand reached deftly poured a tall glass of the soda for the light-haired newcomer.

"There you are, sir. One Doctor Pepper."

The Barman had that indentured-servant sort of feel about his person. In fact, if one were to investigate the area of space-time surrounding the event that was the Barman, one would invariably discover that his entire existence radiated "what can I get for you, sonny" sorts of radiation.

This was, and is, of course, impossible.

His eyes were open and receptive - the kind that got you to buy far more drinks than you were prepared for.

Tag: Spycoder

6. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    The Spy
    The Bar

He accepted the cold drink in his hand. He sipped it, the rush of sweet, tangy drink going down his throat. He smiled, signifying he enjoyed it. It was the best Dr. Pepper he had ever had. He opened his eyes, staring at the Barman. Man, that man had some arms! He put the Dr. Pepper down, looking at the Barman intently.

?Delicious.?

Simple one word. That was his life.

?So, you heard any news??

He took another sip of Dr. Pepper.

TAG: Peng

7. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    The Cleric
    The Bar

Adorned in the fanciful black, grey, and ivory clothings of a man as much a being of war as one of religion he took a seat at the far end of the bar and watched the one known as Wowbagger dragged off. Sympathy is what he felt for that man, having been in situations akin to it on more than one occasion, but usually it was for the best.

Shaking his head he swore a small promise to himself to not drink to much on this evening. A promise oft made and rarely kept, but a certain amount of comfort came in the thought of it. Seeing the Bar keep in a discussion with another he took the time to ponder the various drinks at his disposal. A useless activity, as the always drank the same thing regardless of where he went, at least at first.

Spotting an opportunity the man raised his hand to catch the keeps attention, he ordered his mainstay.

"Red wine please."

Tag: All is it?

8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Barman
    The Bar

He nodded politely at the younger being's thanks. He was about to respond with regards to the gentleman's question when the ultimate distraction arrived: a new drink order.

"Red wine?"

The Barman frowned slightly.

"I wonder if sir could be more specific. You see, our wine list is, well...extensive."

He motioned towards the five-volume wine list on a shelf behind him.

"We have reserves."

Tag: Kahn, Spy

9. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    The Dark Overlord
    Bar

Eons ago he ruled the galaxy with an iron fist, possessed powers man only could dream about, life and death was at his command. But, that was then, now his only true power is both his curse and blessing. The Dark Overlord cannot die in any way. He has tried, multiple times to end his miserable life. Jumping, shooting, hanging, drowning.. he's tried it all but nothing works.

He now spends his time at the end of the universe, dreaming of no tomorrow and drowning his sorrows in booze covered in black robes so dark that you cannot see his face underneath his hood.

"BRARTENDER! Wheressss... can.. more!" he barked and pointed at his empty glass "You know.. I ruled once a glalaxy.. yes.. ZZZzzzzzMORE!!"

TAG: Peng

10. Blood-and-Iron

Blood-and-Iron Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2009
    Lady Sandra
    Milliways

The Lady Sandra sat at her table, resplendent in her fine clothing. Dark violets, sable trim and gold ornaments were easily visible on her otherwise simple dress.

The server still hadn't returned to take her order.

She thought about wandering over to the bar. There were some...interesting...lifeforms there.

Tag: any! :)

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Barman
    The Bar

"Indeed. And what would sir be drinking on this night?"

He smiled in a detached fashion.

"As I was saying to the gentleman earlier, we have an extensive wine list, if you're interested. Perhaps a fine scotch? Cocktail?"

Mocktail! But then the customer was always right. Except when they weren't.

"We have some very extremely good Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters. Is sir familiar with the drink? I recommend one greatly."

He prepared the drink as per Beeblebrox's original recipe.

"One on the house," he said with a big smile, serving it to the intoxicated fellow.

He decided to forget to inform the being of the drink's kick; namely, it wasn't far from having one's head smashed in with a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Tag: TDO

12. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Leonard T. Boscoe, The Prophet
    The Bar

Leonard T. Boscoe saw things. He saw walls and a bar and stools and everything that usually made up a restaurant. But of course anybody could see those things. Leonard saw other things too, things that most people didn?t see?visions, if you would, divine glimpses into the world beyond the veil. Leonard T. Boscoe, you see, was a prophet. He hadn?t asked to be?but considering how immature he had been in college he probably would have majored in being a prophet if he could have for a good laugh. However, the otherworldly powers that had selected Leonard apparently did not require a Bachelor of Arts in Theology, Theophany, Philosophy, or Prophecy in those that they chose to disseminate their message.

Hence Leonard T. Boscoe, prophet at large.

Leonard liked his job. Oh sure, it had its downsides. Most people were not really interested in the divine?s (usually negative) opinion of their conduct and consequently tried to throw him from great heights when he delivered said opinion. However, the divine apparently found that the best way to get Leonard to pay attention to its important message was to communicate it through visions of women that looked suspiciously close to swimsuit models. Leonard had always paid attention to pretty women, so the divine knew what it was doing. Of course, Leonard had kindly proposed that if the divine really wanted Leonard to do a good job, it should send redheads. The divine had yet to agree with Leonard and so he was often stuck with blondes that would just have to do.

Being a prophet was really a great gig. Lots of people thought that was just sooooo interesting, a sentiment most often voiced pretty well buzzed women at bars. Leonard liked ministering to these wayward souls the best. Their loose morals definitely required reformation?which could wait until the morning.

That made it no surprise that Leonard was at the bar at Milliway?s. In fact, he was pretty sure that the divine had brought him here for a specific purpose. At the moment, however, that purpose was not evident, so Leonard was talking to the rather drunk man next to him. Frankly this guy sounded crazy, talking about ruling galaxies and the like. Some people were just nuts. Good thing Leonard wasn?t one of them.

??and that is why I never, ever eat beets,? Leonard finished. He had been holding forth on the subject for near to fifteen minutes and was sure his conversational partner had been rapt with attention. Everybody loved listening to Leonard talk?Leonard foremost among them. Leonard did not happen to notice that the being was receiving another drink, a sign that perhaps he had other things on his mind than Leonard's revulsion of beets.

It was then that he caught sight of his next vision. She was sitting at a table in the restaurant portion of the establishment. Of course she wasn?t actually sitting there?Leonard just saw her sitting there. As usual, he couldn?t resist showing off.

?See her over there?? Leonard asked, nudging the drunk next to him, ?Of course you can?t. She?s an emissary of the divine, no doubt here to tell me about further plans for me. She might even have something to say about you.?

TAG: TDO, Blood-and-Iron

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sergeant Isk, Imperial seatrooper to the Stars

?-ENADE!? he shouted just inside the entrance, completing the warning he had started inside a breached bunker in Star Wars: Final Resurrection, as the thrown object beginning with ?gr? had bounced down a ramp and between his legs.

Bemusedly taking in his surroundings, and realising that he was making a mess, the man in black-and-white semi-armour, bent down and transferred twisted bits of the E-Web heavy repeating blaster that he had been working on, from the entry-way, to the round surface of the nearest table.

? Of course you can?t.? Another patron was saying to the the drunk next to him, ?She?s an emissary of the divine, no doubt here to tell me about further plans for me. She might even have something to say about you.?

Isk raised an interested eyebrow under his visored helmet, and hand-signalled the bar.

?Barkeep, two bottles of your finest Peroni please!?

Tag: Barkeep, Leonard, others in bar

14. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    The 'oh so very' Dark Overlord
    Bar

He looked at the glass, then at the barman and then at the glass again. It was insignificant in proportion to his former greatness, in past times worlds would give him their entire oceans if he simply gave an inclination that The Dark Overlord might perhaps be a tad bit thirsty.
    On the other hand..

"Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters you say?" and with that he gently took hold of the glass, poured the content down his throat and waited.
    From out of seemingly nowhere mortar fire could be heard and it suddenly exploded inside The Dark Overlords head, a myriad of emotions streamed from all his senses, none of them were nice and calm.
    This might perhaps be the closest thing to death he had been. This had to be death!

YES!!!!

?See her over there?? ?Of course you can?t. She?s an emissary of the divine, no doubt here to tell me about further plans for me. She might even have something to say about you.?

"Oh.. I'm shtill here.."

But to his great disappointment he was still around and this.. this guy still kept talking.
    He put up a finger towards the strange man (strange being quite a weird description as one had to first define the normal state of beings in the universe which was well.. Not really normal.)
    The Dark Overlord put up a finger and put the man on hold, turning towards the bartender "Uno mash" he said.
    If one drink wouldn't kill him perhaps two would, or three, or more.. There was really only one way to find out.
    He then turned back to the man.

"Looks.. Ive meeetsh theshe divine fellowsh.. they are ALL a bunsch of moronsh.. you... he.. she.. who? what.. wheresh my drink?"

TAG: Peng, Trieste

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The Bar

?Barkeep, two bottles of your finest Peroni please!? came from not too far by. Wait--that stormtrooper hadn't been here before, had he? He hadn't--right? Leonard was rather confused, but he was pretty sure that the stormtrooper was not a divine messenger. That was reserved for good looking women. But the stormtrooper did appear to have good taste in beer. Leonard also assumed that this was a stormtrooper, not being horribly conversant in military matters.

However, Leonard's tale about beets had evoked a muted reply of, "Oh.. I'm shtill here.." in the patron next to him. Leonard wondered if beings popped in and out of this establishment randomly. Of course, Leonard couldn't exactly remember how he'd gotten there, now that he thought about it...

He didn't consider the matter long for the drunken man continued by saying, "Looks.. Ive meeetsh theshe divine fellowsh.. they are ALL a bunsch of moronsh.. you... he.. she.. who? what.. wheresh my drink?". Well then. Leonard knew when he met a lost cause--and he'd met a lot of lost causes. Maybe he aught to go seek more fertile ground for his message.

"Yes...well...I'm sure that the...ummm..." Leonard waved vaguely at the bartender at this point. "...him. Yes. That'd be his department."

With that Leonard slinked off and in the direction of the trooper. He really aught to go see about that divine apparition at the other table, but she could wait. After all, usually his divine beings made their presence painfully obvious. A couple of times they did so by whacking Leonard's head into a wall. He figured that the reserve probably had some purpose.

"May I sit with, my good..." Leonard suddenly realized he didn't know the rank of this particular trooper. If he guessed too low, the trooper would be insulted. He didn't look like a general though. Generals didn't wear stormtrooper gear, did they? Probably not an officer either, so Leonard named the highest rank he could think of below lieutenant, completely unaware of whether or not it was high. "...my good master chief? I'm sure a fighting man like yourself can down a couple of brews yourself with no trouble, but perhaps you will suffer me to share one and stand you the next round?"

Tag: Sith I-5, TDO, Blood-and-Iron

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sergeant Isk, Seatrooper to the Stars

The seatrooper looked up from the cluttered table as the drinker he had seen extolling about a 'divine', leave his own table, to come join the trooper.

"May I sit with, my good..." The being hesitated, as if unsure of something. "...my good master chief? I'm sure a fighting man like yourself can down a couple of brews yourself with no trouble, but perhaps you will suffer me to share one and stand you the next round?"

Isk looked up at the man, and waved permission for him to sit opposite. "If you mean, can you have one of my beers, of course." He looked across at the man. "And it isn't 'master anything'. The name's Isk. Sergeant Isk of the Victory-class Star Destroyer, Wraithis."

Isk frowned towards the bar, hoping to see some sign of service, then turned back to Leonard. "And you are?"

Tag: Leonard, bar staff, any

OOC:
    Do we have to RP our own service?

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Note: You can go ahead and RP whatever you want. There's no GM here, though Peng likes to play the barman - it's all just for fun.

18. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    The Dunedain

From his spot in a darkened corner of the bar, face shadowed in the hood he wore except for the light from his eyes when his smoking pipe lit, the Ranger sat up as a strange, disembodied voice spoke of something called "RPing" and the legendary Modinator named Peng. What evils had beset the bar that now ghosts felt able to speak into thin air?

TAG: All :D

19. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    IC: Blu

Blu walked into the bar with headphones on and looked around. He had come a long way to get here. It was a new restaurant and it had ran his past hot spots out of business, so he just had to see what all the fuss was about. There had been some trouble getting here, seeing as he had made a wrong turn at the End of the Universe and Azeroth, almost stumbling into Saintheart's home, but in the end he had found it

There was supposed to be a big move coming, but it was good to be back with the peoples who had been with him as he had changed over the past 3 years.

He approached the bar and requested his favorite drink. "Can I have chocolate milk and maple syrup, filled up, in a styrofoam cup?"
    :p
    Tag: All

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

"If you mean, can you have one of my beers, of course. And it isn't 'master anything'. The name's Isk. Sergeant Isk of the
    Victory-class Star Destroyer, Wraithis."

"Ah, apologies Sergeant," Leonard said as he took a seat, "Not ever having been a military man myself the nuances of rank sadly escape me. I am Leonard Boscoe. I am by happenstance a prophet of...well I'm actually still waiting to find that out. The divine--" here Leonard waved one hand about in a vague manner apparently trying to represent some non-present deity, "--does not always reveal itself fully, even to those privileged enough to receive its message. That can be quite troublesome. However, I am confident that my purpose here shall be revealed without further adieu."

At that moment a serving droid placed two bottles of Peroni on the table. "Ah, here we are. Cheers, Sergeant Isk of the Victory-class Star Destroyer, Wraithis. Curious name for a vessel. I wonder who names them."

TAG: Sith I-5

21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Ramza

Man could not live by tea and crumpets alone.

That was Ramza's axiom, anyway, and a particularly odd one at that considering his preference for coffee, especially of the melange-spiced variety. Nonetheless, he had decided that sitting around in his garden at the edge of forever was getting a bit too predictable - especially since he had gotten a bit bored with his reading material - and thus he found himself here, at the end of the universe.

In retrospect, he could have settled for somewhat less exotic getaway spots.

Still, they had coffee here with just the right amount of melange in it to sate his addiction - plus, it was french roast. Years of inconsistent in character portrayals of his net persona hadn't gotten rid of that preference, although he would have liked to know if he was supposed to be a Fremen, a Sith Lord, a corrupt businessman, or some kind of quasi-deity. His was a solitary state of confusion, for few men understood, or indeed appreciated, the plight of the Gary Stu. He sighed, and adjusted a loose strap on his stillsuit - why was he even wearing a stillsuit?

Pointless introspection and unnecessary references to games past could wait, however, for he could not help but detect that something was slightly amiss at the table next to his. "Something wrong, Ranger?" he asked.

TAG: Saint

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Sey

A slow, painful pace is set as Sey walks into the bar. Gingerly she makes her way over to a table and carefully sets herself down in the seat while making sure to keep her neck straight and unmoving. She accomplishes her goal because of skilled practice at this sort of injury. A heavy sigh escapes her body once she is settled in.

"Yo bartender! A glass of lemonade and some ice in a bag please!" Sey calls out.

She settles in to wait for her order, once again being careful to sit very still.

Tag: Peng, anyone

23. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Heihachi Tsuruchi

This is a teahouse? Yes... perhaps a teahouse.

An impending marriage would cement ties between the Tsuruchi family and the Komori family. As a result, Heihachi would not only be of a bloodline tied to the Wasp, but also now would hold an affiliation to the Bat Clan. He had no opinion on the matter.

Swathed in the standard bushi garb of his people, a daisho at his side, Heihachi enters this establishment with a bit of skepticism. Adjusting the yellow and black armband on his bicep, Heihachi strode further inside and took up a spot at the bar. His clothes, all black to respect his new Clan affiliation, flowed with his movements. A dark samurai of sorts taken from his era.

"Good day to you," He began as he eyed the teamaster. He was a teamaster wasn't he? He had a bar and stools... and customers. Of course he was a teamaster! "May I have a glass of your finest imported tea? I hear this Grey Earl is quite good..." He said with a smile upon his face.

TAG: Barkeep, anyone

24. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Apprentice Spycoder and Apprentice Kittie
    The Bar

Apprentice Spycoder walked into the restaurant, followed by the slim Ella Kittie, his friend, character, and fellow apprentice. Ella waved at several people, one who looked like a priest. Spycoder smiled a whimsical smile, thinking how happy Ella must be feeling at this moment in Ella?s mind.

?I told you that you would enjoy this little trip.?

BWEEP! BWEEP! BWEEP!

Ella looked at Spike in full dread. He looked at who is was and frowned and nodded his head as he listened. Ella could hear something like shouting, and every so often Spike would try to get something in, but would stop. He shut it off and sighed.

?Master Lyoth asked Master Trimaj where Ella was, and that got my master searching for me and now my butt is fried! How come you didn?t make up an excuse to your master? You know how protective he is!? Spike shouted at Ella as he turned to the door.

?I?m not leaving!? Ella proclaimed as she sat down at the bar. Spike was about to say something but Ella ignored him, taking a sip of a fruity drink that she had just been handed. ?Man this is good!?

?Um?Can I have one of those?? he asked the Barman as he sat down beside Ella, who gave a I-was-right-and-you-was-wrong smile. Together they sat at the bar, sipping their drinks and relaxing.

TAG: All

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sergeant Isk

"Ah, apologies Sergeant," The patron said as he took the opposite seat, "Not ever having been a military man myself the nuances of rank sadly escape me. I am Leonard Boscoe."

Isk filed the name away for further investigation.

"I am by happenstance a prophet of...well I'm actually still waiting to find that out. The divine--," here Leonard waved one hand about in a vague manner apparently trying to represent some non-present deity, "--does not always reveal itself fully, even to those privileged enough to receive its message. That can be quite troublesome. However, I am confident that my purpose here shall be revealed without further adieu."

At that moment a serving droid placed two bottles of Peroni on the table. "Ah, here we are. Cheers, Sergeant Isk of the Victory-class Star Destroyer, Wraithis. Curious name for a vessel. I wonder who names them."

?Another of those disembodied voices, I guess.? The seatrooper announced with some certainty as he grabbed at the green glass bottle, and clinked it against Leonards?, and pulled the neck of the bottle towards himself to take a swig, the glass tapping the grille on the visor-mask that he still wore.

?Damn, that?s embarrassing;? he noted aloud, moving to push it up over his face and head, then stopped. ?Hello, looks like I?m getting a sign.? And he was, a message scrolling across the inside of his visor. ?Mm. According to this, I?m an agent for RPF Adoptions, now. Got a message for that girl with the neck.?

Isk continued to take the helmet off, and placed it on the seat beside him. The multi-coloured starlight glowing through the establishment?s angled skylight caught his attention.

He looked across at Leonard. ?Pardon my astrogational ignorance, Proph?, but where the hell are we??

Two young jedi entered the establishment, and went straight to the bar. He felt that they really were not entering into the spirit of the Jedi Purge.

Tag: Leonard, any