main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Miltos Yerolemou In Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Punk , Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Miltos Yerolemou has been cast in Star Wars Episode VII.
    Yerolemou is best known for playing the role of Syrio Forel, Arya Stark's master-swordsman and teacher, in the popular HBO show Game Of Thrones.
    His onscreen skill with a blade could be a clue to his minor role in the sci-fi film, which may well see him wielding a lightsaber.

SOURCE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...or-role-J-J-Abrams-Star-Wars-Episode-VII.html

[​IMG]

2. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Yup and

Opps can only be viewed directly on YouTube.

This was made before he was cast

Want even more game of thrones actress/actors in SW with lightsabres, spoiler tagged for those who haven't seen season 4 yet :)

3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I'm going to say space pirate.

Satipo likes this.
  4. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    how about a cameo appearance by ezra bridger from rebels?

5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I am doubtful, but this would be sweet.

jedinightwing and Darth Punk like this.
  6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Even more weight to the speculation that there will be multiple Jedi or Sith (or both).

Dak Oolron and T-R- like this.
  7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    if they decided to use any Legends character as filler, Miltos would make a cool:

[​IMG]

Vastor likes this.
  8. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

He has the sword expertese and kinda looks like him too. Especially with the GoT facial hair. The Ex-stormie background may have been transferred to JB.

If he is Kyle Katarn I doubt he stole the death star plans. Doesn't look old enough for that.

On another note Syrio was the only character that was actually way better in the series than in the books, so I am looking forward to whatever he is playing.

T-R- likes this.
  9. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    people would lose there minds if he was Kyle Katarn haha.

jedinightwing and T-R- like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Important Falcon Plumber #4

11. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Besides the bad idea of shoehorning EU characters into Episode 7 and age discrepancies aside, the actor that was chosen to play Kyle Katarn in the old FMV scenes looks decidedly NOT Greek. Mr. Yerolemou doesn't look anything but Greek. You are attempting to force a resemblance.

12. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well, you know the quartett of Thrawn, Mara Jade, Revan, and Kyle Katarn was the best part of the old Legends canon. If any of them return, JJ would ascend to godhood in the eye of old EU fans(like meself).

Sure it would be way too similar to his role as Syrio Forell, but I can totally see Kyle Katarn in him.

Kyle Katarn is awesome, so shoehorning him in is NOT a bad idea. Since the old EU is gone, Disney can do whatever it wants with it. Kyle can be a younger greek guy now. It's not like Hamill looks like any of the old Luke ilustrations in EU novels.

Revanfan1 and T-R- like this.
  13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    How about a Sith married couple. The 6 foot 3 Christie and the 5 foot 3 Miltos.

TheBBP and dolphin like this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How about the long lost descendent of the Ice Cream Man?

15. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Disney did do what they wanted with the EU. They put a big LEGENDS stamp on it and clarified that none of it was canon. Shoehorning characters from the EU is an absolutely horrible idea when you are trying to create an original story which is what JJ and Kathleen Kennedy have repeatedly said that they were doing. I am not worried about it. I am confident that these EU characters will not show up. It makes absolutely no sense to take an actor who does not even look like Katarn nor is of the age that Katarn would be and call him "Kyle Katarn". It is creatively inept.

All better ideas than shoehorning Kyle Katarn in there.

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So as discussed recently... like the Christina Chong thread, this has been tagged as Rumor and can stay open for now as a separate thread.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    He looks a bit like Antonio Banderas that's been left too long in a tumble dryer

DarthBreezy likes this.
  18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

He would be burned at the stake because there is no way to make them as 'perfect' as they are in the books - any deviation would be seen as a blaspheme.

Ezra would be cool though, and possible as they are trying for 'one thread' now...

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'm not comparing Miltos to the actor from the FMV scenes, I'm comparing him to the video game graphic version, which does bear a resemblance. No force needed.

While slapping the big LEGENDS stamp on it, they specifically said that they could use whatever they want however they want "While the universe that readers knew is changing, it is not being discarded. Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe. For example, elements of the EU are included in Star Wars Rebels. The Inquisitor, the Imperial Security Bureau, and Sienar Fleet Systems are story elements in the new animated series, and all these ideas find their origins in roleplaying game material published in the 1980s."

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

20. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    There is plenty of good stuff in Legends that can be brought over to the canon.

Gaerial Captison and The Truce at Bakura would be my choices.

Miltos played one of my favourite characters in Game of Thrones - looking forward to seeing him in Star Wars.

I know it will be a minor role but even those can be legendary in Star Wars ;)

21. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Right. Things like listed above. Notice how they did not mention specific characters. You are honestly wishing too hard if you think that they are pulling major characters from the EU.

22. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I wasn't wishing anything, I specifically said "if they decided to use any Legends character as filler, Miltos would make a cool:"

Heck, LFL already used Voss and Secura as filler characters for the PT Jedi.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

You are talking about two minor characters that George allowed in because he liked how they looked whereas a character like Katarn was front and center to major events. Major EU characters will not make their way into these films.

24. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Great!

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    While I'd tend to agree with you on that, at the same time you cannot state that as fact because you don't know that. You can say "I seriously doubt major EU characters will be in the films" or "I would be shocked if an EU character turned up in the films," and both statements would be accurate. You can't say "Major EU characters will not make their way into these films," because you haven't seen them yet and don't know that.

However, like I said–I'd tend to agree with you. As much as I would absolutely love it if Kyle showed up in the ST, I find it highly unlikely.

Granek, T-R- and TheBBP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.