Arena Milwaukee Brewers fan club.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by darth_gersh, Mar 7, 2008.

1. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    The Brewers will take it all this year. An area for all you Brewers fans to step up out of the dark and sing your praises for the best baseball team in America.

[image=http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/images/y2005_fanforum/im_sausages_racing_1_275x235.jpg]

[image=http://www.ssur.org/articles/images/MilwaukeeBrewers_PL_1970-1984.jpg]

[image=http://www2.jsonline.com/sports/brew/image/yount2/kuenn715.jpg]

[image=http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/07/19/vtyxJ3Jd.jpg]
  2. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    If your a Brewers fan than you must hate the cubs.

Enjoy. http://www.cubssuckclub.com/
  3. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    lol @ you sitting in here with all of your friends.

PS: Robin Yount is way over-rated. :p
  4. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    [image=http://www.fritschcards.com/reprints/1961_1970/images/cards_UECKER2.jpg]

Best anouncer in MLB.
  5. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Now this is what it's all about.

This will be the first time in a looooong time that the Brewers will have, eek, expectations! I'm looking forward to October baseball for the brew crew. The Cubs are going down in flames.
  6. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://www2.jsonline.com/sports/brew/image/2000/aug/chalet814.jpg]
  7. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Moving Bill Hall back to the infield hopefully should help get him back to the consistency he had two years ago, and also shore up the defense. They've got more quality starting pitchers, so the reliance on Sheets should go down, and hopefully the bullpen is more consistent. It would be nice to see a healthy Gagne have a good year.

They should have a good team this year, plus, now the team had played together and hopefully everyone (Yost included) learned things from last year's playoff race.
  8. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Wow thanks for dropping by guys, I thought I might be the only fan.

Vargas pitched 5 no hit innings on Sunday vs the Mariners so thats good. Braun seems to be adapting OK to outfield and Hall has done good so far back in the infield at 3b.

Raises beer to the Brew Crew.

9. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Cubs lose to the Brewers in spring training yesterday. Get used to it Cub fans, your team is going down.
  10. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    I can't wait. This rivalry is going to be the fiercest it's ever been. And maybe we can have more Brewers fans than Cubs fans at Miller Park for once. That's getting old.
  11. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes I totally agree on the to many stinking cubs fans at home games in Miller Park. They are all around annoying fans.
  12. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    I also can't wait for the Reds to come to town. Francisco Cordero is going down.
  13. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Quick History lesson.

One of the most recognizable logos in sports, the Milwaukee Brewers yellow and blue mitt logo was introduced in Winter 1977 and adorned Brewers caps for the 16 greatest seasons in club history. The logo was selected among more than 2,000 entries from both professional and amateur designers in an open contest in October and November 1977. Tom Meindel, an Art History student at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, designed the logo and earned the $2,000 first prize. The logo combines the lower case letters "m" and "b", the club's initials, to form a baseball glove.

[image=http://www.baseballblog.chadgramling.com/img/logos/brewers_old.jpg]

14. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Hopefully one of these years that logo will return full time. If you take a look around the Milwaukee area, the majority of people wear the old colors, including me.
  15. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    So the battle for the starting 5 continues. Ben Sheets, Jeff Suppan are locks. Carlos Villanueva (0-0, 1.00) and Claudio Vargas both have been sharp. Bush (1-1, 8.31) and left-hander Chris Capuano need to step it up. Right-hander Yovani Gallardo has yet to see any action but is due to start pitching soon. Pretty crowded. Maybe a trade and AAA options will occur. Bush did good yesterday pitching 5 strong innings. Still a lot of spots up for grabs. I for one am going to just do the wait and see.

Go Brewers.
  16. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    I got to see a little bit of the Mariners vs Brewers game. Offense looked pretty good.
  17. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Cappy went out yesterday with elbow problem. 4 guys still trying to make last 3 starting positions.
  18. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    One of my best friends is a huge Brewers fan, despite having never set foot in Wisconson. I tend to root for them when it doesn't affect other teams I care about because he's more fun to be around when they're playing well.
  19. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5

John Gordon and I take issue with thato_O. Uecker was great in Major League, but John Gordon was good in Little Big League as well.:p. I miss the full rivalry the Twins/Brewers had back in the AL West. We just get a bit of interleaguing each year now.
  20. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Yah, the interleague thing is nice to keep going between the twinkees and Brewers. Although the Twins have dominated the series.
  21. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Ryan Braun back from achilles heal problem cranked a 3 run homer.
  22. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Prince Fielder with only 1 dinger in cactus league. He will be all right and I predict that he will hit 40 or more bombs.
  23. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Here is your '08 Brewers

RHP Ben Sheets
    RHP Jeff Suppan
    LHP Manny Parra
    RHP Dave Bush
    RHP Carlos Villanueva

Bullpen

RHP Eric Gagne
    RHP Derrick Turnbow
    RHP David Riske
    RHP Salomon Torres
    RHP Guillermo Mota
    LHP Brian Shouse
    RHP Seth McClung

Catchers

Jason Kendall
    Mike Rivera or Eric Munson

Infielders

1B Prince Fielder
    2B Rickie Weeks
    SS J.J. Hardy
    3B Bill Hall
    INF Craig Counsell
    INF Joe Dillon

Outfielders

LF Ryan Braun
    RF Corey Hart
    CF Tony Gwynn
    OF Gabe Kapler
    OF Gabe Gross

OF Mike Cameron on 25-game suspension.

Disabled List

LHP Chris Capuano
    RHP Yovani Gallardo
    LHP Randy Choate

24. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    22 posts and 14 of them are you, Gersh... :p
  25. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    RHP Ben Sheets
    RHP Jeff Suppan
    LHP Manny Parra
    RHP Dave Bush
    RHP Carlos Villanueva

Switch out Bush with Yovani Gallardo when he comes back and that's a damn fine rotation, and one that seems in better shape this year to withstand the inevitable Sheets injury, then it did last year. Plus, then Bush in the bullpen during the interim helps out big time. This team looks better all the time.