main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Milwaukee Brewers fan club.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by darth_gersh, Mar 7, 2008.

1. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Let's have the Crew end this tomorrow provided the Mets lose.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Seth McClung: Badass.

Soup didn't look good in the 1st inning but he came around. Helluva diving catch by Cameron to keep the Cubs from scoring early too. That could've very well been the play of the game.

I hope they can wrap it up tomorrow and give CC some rest.

3. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Seth was awesome. The bomb by Weeks was smashed. Come on Sheets this is what you always wanted. Pitch a gem.

4. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Ben Silk Sheets was not ready to play. At least his free agency value went down because of today's performance. That's the real reason he wanted to pitch today. [face_hypnotized] $$$ [face_hypnotized]

Like usual, CC has to bail us out. This team is giving me an ulcer.

5. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Hang in there DMAC its only gonna get more intense when we make the Playoffs.;)

6. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to write in Braun/Sabathia in the election come November.

I have suffered through so many horrible teams, the 56-106 season. Teams that were just bad.

This is awesome. So. Awesome.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Congrats to the Brewers!

8. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Congrats Brewers fans. Thanks for hanging with me and the Brewers all season long. You deserve it. Clean slate starts and the fun begins. Total redemption. I am on cloud 9.

9. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I think they should put a statue of CC right out front at Miller Park next to Robin.

They have got to get this guy back. Write him a blank check, give him part ownership of the franchise, anything!

Wow, this is awesome.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Congrats, Brewers fans. Enjoy it. And enjoy CC. I hope, for your sake, he doesn't repeat his performance last October.

11. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    This is the greatest idea in history. Wouldn't you love to see this become a normal part of free agent culture? Try and tell me that Manny Ramirez owning a major league baseball team wouldn't warrant its own ESPN channel.

12. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    And how about former Brewer Wes Helms helping us out with his homer against the Mets? I'll be the first to admit I didn't like the guy when he was with us and especially when he was in another uniform coming to Miller Park, but today just wipes all of that away. Thanks Wes forever!

13. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Well, according to Dale Sveum at the rally tonight, the Game 1 starter is Gallardo, Game 2 is C.C. I think that's how I would do it, too. He didn't say anything about game 3, but I would guess it will be Dave Bush.

14. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I like Gallardo as the starter. He pitched well last game and he really hasn't been seen by the Phillys this year so it makes it a little harder to be prepared. Also when do we get to add the Brewers Icon that everyone does when their favorite sport teams makes the playoffs?

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Icons will hopefully be coming soon for all playoff teams :)

16. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    What does a mama bear on the pill have in common with the World Series?

No cubs.

HAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Can I request that the Brewers icon be the old Glove logo, and not the current one?

[image=http://blogs.phillynews.com/inquirer/zozone/brewers.jpg]

18. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    As much as I love the old logo, I prefer the new uniforms.

19. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    [image=http://www.dugout-memories.com/1978brer.jpg]

Best hat design in MLB history if you ask me.

I never really caught on with the new uniforms. They just seem "blah", especially the all gray road unis.

If you go to Miller Park, 3/4 of the crowd wears retro gear. I hope Attanasio notices this. I would love a full time switch back to the classic royal blue.

But, if we're stuck with the current designs, I take heart knowing they aren't as bad as the logo and colors from the mid 90s:

[image=http://www.onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/static/brewers_94_99.gif]

*puke*

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    We are now 5 minutes away from something I had serious doubts that I would ever see in my lifetime.

A Milwaukee Brewers Playoff Game.

Go Brewers!

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Icons are up, including the old glove logo requested (and a more modern one as well) :)

Unfortunately for the Brewers, the Phillies eked out a 3-1 win in game 1 :(

22. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I hope we never see Rickie Weeks in a Brewer lineup ever again.

Why aren't Durham and Counsell in the starting lineup? They have playoff experience and they won't make stupid mistakes like Hall and Weeks did today.

23. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Probably because that's Sveum's best spot to use for double-switches. Having Durham and Counsell available for key pinch-hitting spots and late-inning defense gives him more flexibility than Weeks on the bench. Plus, they were going up against a port-sider today.

Of course, Weeks has to make that play. Not to mention that major leaguers like Hall and Cameron should also have made those respective plays in the third inning.

24. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    OK lets just put that game behind us. Today is a new day and I would like to see our bats jump out early and get some scores. CC deserves to have a few runs to work off of today. No more errors.

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Disappointing second inning there. It makes me wonder, though, if this string of starts on short rest - which was crucial to getting the Brewers into the playoffs - is finally getting to Sabathia.