main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Milwaukee Brewers fan club.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by darth_gersh, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Dave Bush? Dave. Bush. ?? Of all the pitchers on this team to flirt with a no hitter and its Dave Bush? Good for him, it was fun to watch. And Lyle Overbay of all people breaks it up. The Traitor.

But, now the Brewers are only 2 out of the Wild Card and 5.5 out of the Division lead. If they can get within 4-4.5 by the All Star break, I think they've got a real chance to put a lot of pressure on the Cubs.

[Han]Its not over yet.[/Han]

2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Yeah guys, that was a crazy wild game yesterday. Bush was awesome. Hopefully it continues. The bullpen took the day off that for sure. Princes in the park home run was wild. Playing Baltimore so it will be a tuff matchup again.

3. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Q: Since May 20th, which team has the best record in baseball?

A: Brewers: 21-10

4. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    2-1 vs Baltimore was nice. 10 game road trip here we come.

5. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    That's going to be a tough road trip 5-5 and I will be happy.

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Kudos to Ben Sheets for an awesome game today, CG, 1R vs the Braves. He's had Atlanta's number for a while now.

7. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Sheets is having a great year but again it's a contract year. Last year he would've been out with a papercut by now.

8. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    It was a nice game last night for Sheets. Starting pitching has been good which leads to wins. Any thoughts on trade rumors?

9. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Party in Milwaukee. Lets hope it turns out.

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Assuming it does go through, it looks to be a great trade from the Brewers standpoint. They're not giving up too much, and getting a pretty darn good starter in return. That said, he likely won't be there very long, but it gives them a good shot this year.

11. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Good trade for the Brewers. Sabathia may be in a slight decline mode, but he can definitely help now. You guys didn't give up too much talent either.

12. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Well, after a good win, and another damn fine outing by Dave Bush (8IP, 13Ks, 0ER) The Milwaukee Brewers have taken over the Wild Card lead by 1 half a game.

Oh yeah, and Corey Hart gets voted onto the All-Star team in the final fan vote. That's awesome, he absolutely deserves it.

Its been a good few days for the Brewers.

13. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    What an awesome week to be a Brewers fan! :D

Congrats to Hart. I voted over 200 times this week and I'm glad a lot of other crew fans did the same.

Going tomorrow night for my first retro Friday game of the year.

14. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Nice Mak, have fun. I wish I could go to a game. The crew never comes up to Seattle to play, and everytime I go home over the summer they have been on the road. I purchased MLB radio online for $15.00 so I usually sit out on my front pourch and tip a few back while listening to Ucker. Hopefully we can finish off the weekend on a high note and go into allstar break healthy. I also voted for Hart about 50 times. That was amazing that he won the ballot.

Go Brewers.

15. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    First off, the C.C. trade looks better all the time.

Second: Ben Sheets names NL starter for the All-Star game. So, now we have two Brewers starting the game.

16. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    OK Brewers time to turn up the heat and go for the playoffs.

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Great win last night. (Billy Hall's starting to hit like he should be hitting) This was the game I was worried about. Tonight? Who knows what will happen with Suppan, but a win tonight would mean the last two games in the series aren't going to be struggling for a split. A win tonight means that when you send up Sabathia and Sheets you're going for the series win, or even sweep.

18. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I hope Suppan can come off the DL and give us quality starts. He needs to pitch his contract. It would be huge to get the win with him and go into the last 2 games with sheets and CC. Ricky had a nice blast last night, but his D hurt us in the ninth. It will be interesting to see Durham push him to play better. Go Brewers.

19. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    They've already clinched a winning road trip. Gotta love that. A couple more wins wouldn't hurt though.

20. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Billy Hall comes through again! I can't remember a win all year that's as sweet as this one.

21. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    CC Sabaddassia with another complete game. WOW. This could turn out to be the best move the Brewers organization has ever made.

22. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I watched that game at my buddies house tonight and CC was just AWESOME. That strike out with of Pujols in the ninth with the bat flying out of his hands just doesn't happen. Sheets on the mound tomorrow. Take a deap breath and keep up the hard work Brewers.

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    You know, the other day, I was listening to a Sports Talk station in town here, and they were talking about the Brewers. And one of them said a sentence. He said it reluctantly, but he said it, and its something to think about, and not nearly as far out of the realm of possibility as it once was.

"Ned Yost: National League Manager of the Year."

Its not as vomit inducing as it was two months ago. If they playing well, and make a deep playoff run, you have to give him serious consideration.

24. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    That would be something considering 3 weeks ago people wanted Yost gone.

Still a lot of baseball to go though.

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Lots of baseball to go, yes... but right now, he certainly has a shot.