main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Milwaukee Brewers fan club.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by darth_gersh, Mar 7, 2008.

1. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Wasn't able to catch the game but I heard Mota got out of a bases loaded with no outs situation. I'm now convinced anything is possible.

2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Yeah, I saw the highlights and that was crazy stuff. Cheers to Hardy for the GW. Nice to have Braun back and hitting homeruns. Best performance for Motta by far. 2 game series vs Cards, man we could use those 2 wins but I would be happy with a split. Good job Brewers fans for the sellouts.

3. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Tonights loss was a tough pill to swallow. The wild card race would've basically been over.

4. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    *pulls hair out*

5. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    *glues some hair back onto head*

Ben Sheets has now gone 20 innings without allowing a run. I think its safe to say, that he's not slumping anymore. And last night, he was just dominant. And now they have a chance to win the series. The bats should hopefully heat back up here soon, though to be fair, San Diego has played absolutely flawless defense this series. They've taken a bunch of runs off the board.

6. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Well after losing 10-1 to the team with the worst record in baseball, I'm pulling that hair out again.

They scored only 7 runs in this whole series. They can lose this wild card yet.

7. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I was gone for the last week and I am glad I missed the horrible play of the Brewers. This week I am back and so will the winning ways.

8. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I have no words for what happened tonight. Just, wow... [face_plain]

9. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    That was disheartening.

10. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Can someone Please ****ing hit the ball.

11. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    There you go. Good win to go on the road with. And wonder never cease, they got a hit with a runner in scoring position. And for as badly as Mota pitched earlier this year, he might be the best arm in the bullpen right now.

12. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I was at the game last night. Yikes, they are all pulling off the ball trying to hit homers, exhibiting very little patience. Though I did think they got hosed on a couple ball/strike calls. I thought Cameron and Gagne were going to get tossed.

They need to at least split in Philly. Then they should be in the driver's seat for at least the wild card down the stretch.

13. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I agree. They do not work the pitch count at all. Swinging for the fences at every pitch is something you do in bar league softball, not MLB.

Can someone PLEASE tell me why Rickie Weeks is still in the lineup? I think a veteran like Ray Durham would be more helpful in his spot during a pennant race. Weeks sucks. How many errors has this guy had?

14. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Is someone going to light a fire under this team in time? Houston's on fire right now, and while Milwaukee has looked like a much better team for most of the season, they could be in danger if they don't right the ship.

15. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I agree the batting has been horrible. Fielder the so called leader of this team needs to step it up. Bullpen needs to wake up. Philly starts today. This is a must win series. Take care of philly and we are a big step closer to the playoffs.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Thats a big series for both teams - Brewers trying to chase the Cubs and keep a hold on the WC, while Philly needs some big wins to catch the Mets in the NL East - and even if the Mets keep winning, but the Phils can take this series, they could be in range of the WC themselves.

Should make for great baseball, but neither of the two teams is peaking right now, unfortunately.

17. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm about ready to throw in the towel guys. This team isn't ready for October baseball, even if they make it.

18. PTMurphy84

PTMurphy84 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2008
    Eh, not to he a homer, but the Brew Crew has shown a few defensive holes when CC can't put somebody away...

19. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Well, to add insult to the injury today, the Cubs/Astros series has been moved to Miller Park. I can't believe this. Can they at least turn off the hot water in the Cubs locker room?

I also like how they are giving away Illinois state quarters to the fans at one of the games in the last homestand against Chicago. I'd hand it back to the guy and ask for 2 dimes and a nickel instead.

It appears to me that the Brewers organization doesn't care what butts are in the seats, as long as there are butts in the seats. Well they can kiss my butt if that's the case.

BTW, if they lose both games tomorrow, I'm done for the year.

20. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Well, well, well, well, well. Sunday, September 14th, 2008 may likely go down as the darkest day in the history of the Milwaukee Brewers. Lose 2 double headers, and then your most hated rival(I don't think Brewers management agrees) has a no hitter in your home stadium, with 24,000 Cubs fans present.

The Brewers do not care about the fans at all. This series at Miller Park is all about [face_hypnotized] $$$ [face_hypnotized] and nothing else. They couldn't care less about the fact that we fans have just been humiliated and that Cubs fans will remind us of this day forever. All they care about are the dollars brought in from parking and concessions.

It's been fun guys, but like every year in the end, dissapointing.

Go Packers.

21. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I seriously want to take a bat a beat the **** out of everyone in the Brewers organization. I am just totally madd right know. The bull **** of letting the cubs play at Miller park is unforgiveable. **** the cubs they should have to fly around the country to play those games instead of comming up to Miller park. I just want to break stuff right now.

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    No story to link to yet, but Ned Yost is no longer the manager of the brewers. ESPN has it on their bottom line that he's been fired.

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Now we have an actual link.

Dale Sveum is the new, interim coach. Which is strange, I would have guessed they'd promote Ted Simmions.

Hopefully, Ned took Jim Skaalen with him.

24. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Prince had a chance last night. That 3rd strike on him was a really good pitch.

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    From the bottom of my broken Cleveland Sports Fan heart, I offer sincere sympathy on today's game and how it ended.