main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Milwookie FanForce

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bujo, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Does anyone know if these kits with a figure and a book telling a story of the character are something to be desired? The only ones I have seen were C3PO and some white-faced female. They were at Walden's Books.

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    That white faced woman is Aurra Sing. I think she is worth it. But, if you don't know her, then it wouldn't be for you.

3. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    que - yes, whichever Marriott is about a 1/4 mile from the convention center.

As of right now I am NOT working on April 13th so count me in. Let it be know that this day is a very special day for me. I will explain at the Milw Art Museum.

4. Bujo

Mar 18, 2002
    mara- did you see those Masterpiece Aurra Sing/C-3PO figures at the Brookfield Square Waldenbooks ???

5. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I live in Sheboygan so I saw them at that Waldenbooks. I have a lead on somewhere where I can get it cheaper if I want but I must remain vigilant as to when they come in.

6. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Hey Bujo and everybody else! My name is Megan and I'm 20, soon to turn 21 (finally). I'm a student at UW-Oshkosh majoring in Theatre Design. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, but I also can't rattle off trivia answers. I have no friends that even like Star Wars. You guys are the only people who understand what it's like! :)

I'm hunting around for people to go to AOTC somewhere during the 16th-19th on May. I have exams the week it comes out so I can't go to the midnight show like I did for TPM. Oh well. I'll just have to suffer. Have a good day e'body!
    ~~Megan~~
    BTW, Han is my all time favorite movie character. :)

7. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I can't go on opening night either unless some miracle happens. I'll be able to go that first weekend at the earliest. I'm in Sheboygan and I don't know anyone who is as nuts about Star Wars here. Are you from Oshkosh or else where are you from?

8. Bujo

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey Megan how you doing?

First and foremost, congratultions on the big 21 (almost). I remember all of nothing the night of my 21st. But nice to have a new "voice" here as I'm sure we'll all agree.

Any chance of being able to come to good ole Milwaukee on April 13 for the first meeting? Understandable if you cannot make it.

Welcome to the boards!

9. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    If I didn't say it, "Hi, Meagan". Welcome to the boards. We are trying to get organized and the Green Bay board is dead. The more the merrier.

10. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Wooooo Hooooo!

I'm goin' to Celebration II!!!

Just ordered my three day pass and my hotel - at the Marriott about 5 miles from the convention center.

I hope I can hang out with some of you - I will be heading down alone. My wife has couragously volunteered to stay home with the kids.

11. Bujo

Mar 18, 2002
    That's fantastic Mauler! You've got quite a wife there. When do you plan on heading to Indianapolis?

12. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    I am renting a car Thursday night and plan on leaving VERY early Friday - probably around 5 or6 AM. I want to get there in time to get tickets for the concert on Saturday night.

13. Bujo

Mar 18, 2002
    What is this concert I keep hearing about? Do you have any details? Is this in regards to John Williams?

14. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    The original post from TFN:

Looks like fans will get a nice treat the the Celebration this May. There will be a 25th Anniversary concert played by the Philharmonic Orchestra of Indianapolis. The Official Site offers details:

The Star Wars 25th Anniversary Concert will be one of the heartbeats of Celebration II, an extra special evening produced for fans who love not only the films and characters, but also the stirring scores that helped bring them to life. And there will be visual surprises to accompany the aural splendor.
    Tickets to the one-time performance are $12 each, and can be purchased by Celebration II attendees at ticket booths set up near the registration area at the Convention Center, starting Friday, May 3. The beautiful souvenir tickets will be a memento for concert goers to keep, one that will remind them of an evening that will shine brightly, even amidst all of their other stellar Celebration II memories.

Visit the link above for more!

15. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    LUCKY! I would whine like Luke if it could get me to Celebration II. Unfortunatly, I'm in school still. Congrats on being able to go and have a good time!!! ~~Megan~~

16. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Marajoan- I go to school in Oshkosh, but I'm from Milwaukee. On my entire campus, I have never met another Star Wars fan. We have somewhere around 12,000 students, too!

I'm trying to remedy this by have a SW movie marathon in our Union. I'm in charge of the movie committee on campus and we just got a brand new, stadium seat, surround sound theatre. I can let you all know when the marathon is going to be, if you're interested. :) ~~Megan~~

17. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Solo414,
    I know that Jawawithstilts was at Oshkosh but she was usually on the Starwars.com web site. She was pretty active before I stopped spending time on those boards. I know that there are others. Welcome to our boards and any ideas you have for SW activities will be appreciated. We want to make this a state fanforce.

18. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    >>Any chance of being able to come to good ole Milwaukee on April 13 for the first meeting?
    Well, I'm not working that weekend and I have nothing planned either. Let me know where and when and I will do my best to make it! Thanks for the invite!! ~~Megan~~

19. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    When: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 1:00 PM
    Where: The Milwaukee Art Museum
    700 N. Art Museum Drive
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
    We will be gathering in Windover Hall
    (the main lobby when you enter)

Hope to see you there Megan!

20. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Thanks Mauler. I think our little group is growing by the minute. We also seem to have a lot of people that are going to Celebration. Jedisis has found another person interested and we will see if we can recruit tomorrow. MTFBWY

21. Bujo

Mar 18, 2002
    It sure is nice to see all this activity. When I first stepped in here a couple weeks ago, there really was nothing going on. Thanks to all who have been keeping this place active. By the way, I got that Road Runner (beep beep) in my pad now and it is too schweet. So I'm going to try and stop by a couple times a day now.

22. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    When is TFN going to post a notice about the meeting?

23. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Wisconsin isn't being ignored. The nature of the FF main page beast is that there are so many events, things quickly get knocked down. I informed the event requestor that I would put it up this week if okay with you all. This way, it's a bit closer to the event and not lost in the archives.

24. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I did put that on one of the threads so that you wouldn't be nagged, Bobafemme. Hopefully, we will see it soon. We have been recruiting by word of mouth and thread. I left something on a Wisconsin thread on Starwars.com. I hope it generates some interest. Otherwise, there will be 8-10 of us.

Bobafemme, if we get together as a Wisconsin group at Celebration, does it count as a meeting toward our officialdom. If we post it and invite the many Wisconsinites that are going to Indy? Most of the people coming on the 13th as of now are going to be at Celebration.

25. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    It counts if you get it on the FF main page and more than 3 Wiscosin folks show up. Please bear in mind that your lovely RSAs need enough warning to get it up, and we'll be at Celebration with you all so best to submit it before the last week of April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.