main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Milwookie FanForce

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bujo, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    I know we'll talk about it when we get together, but when we do, let's find out everyone's talents. What everyone's strong points are, and lets try to use them for the club (whatever we're called). ?[face_plain] Some of us may be able to do less than others, and some of us may write better/advertise/network/visually communicate/verbally communicate/data entry/etc.

I think everyone going on Saturday will want to try to make an impact doing what they love for Star Wars, so even though there will only be one leader, I think it would be great if we could all be involved and feel teamwork (like in the Academy) :)

2. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, if a vote does take place this weekend put me down for "Milwookiee FanForce". I started the link as a hopeful "attention-getter" and it has succeeded in that. Besides, I dug the almost direct name recognition between the brew city and a highly recognizable, beloved character (c'mon, who doesn't know what a Wookiee is. Could help PR in some respects, although Ms. Gemma at the Jornal/Sentinel seems to be aiding in that [thank you if you're reading this]). Regardless, anything is fine and all meant in good fun. Once again, apologies that I can't make the meeting this weekend unless everybody is still around at 6:00 or so.

3. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Hey Folks,
    I have some ideas about this state thing but I am going to leave them for Saturday.

Bujo, Make sure you leave a phone number with someone who will be there so if we are around yet, we can contact you as to where we are.

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I have Bujo's cell number

5. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    >>Well, if a vote does take place this weekend put me down for "Milwookiee FanForce".>> I agree. I can't make it on Saturday either so I'm giving my vote now.
    Maybe we could make a poll on the boards for people who can't make it? I would do it but I have NO idea how...

6. DarthLudicrous32

DarthLudicrous32 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    After following this thread for a while, I just want to jump in and say that I like the MilWookie FanForce name. I look at it as where are the meetings going to be held? In Madison? Greenbay? Oshkosh? I am guessing they will be held in Milwaukee for the most part. Why not call it Milwookie? I think its rather clever. "Its not wise to upset a Milwookie fan.. they can tear your arm out of your sockets if they get mad"

Also I think people are missing the best line
    Milwookie FanForce: Theres a bad feeling about this...
    There is also:
    Milwookie FanForce: Strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark.
    Milwookie FanForce: That's no moon....
    Milwookie FanForce: These aren't the fans you're looking for...
    Milwookie FanForce: Credits will do fine.

About the meeting at the MAM.. if you are worried about people not finding you why doesn't someone make a big freakin' sign that says "Star Wars Fan Club" or something to that effect.. I don't think people could miss that.

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    The problem with keeping Milwaukee is that if groups don't pick up in Madison or Green Bay, and we are the only state fan force, it would be nice to represent everyone. On the other hand, if those chapters do form, and there's Mad Jedi Disease out of Madison, and Greedo Bay Packers out of Green Bay, we'd feel silly. Maybe we could mix ideas. Right now all of us are in Milwaukee or near it enough to use it as our center, as suggested by BobaFemme and the Chicago FanForce representive, and we'll be the Milwookiee FanForce of the Wisconsin Tauntaun Cavalry, and then get active in trying to get groups in Madison and Green Bay. If those efforts fail, then we're still what we are. But if those groups start to take off, we can tell them things that we have done, what worked, what didn't, add links to the website, etc. For one thing, having groups in those areas could help create a collectors network or things like that. Just a thought.

8. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I have some ideas. We can talk about them tomorrow. Is it allowed to be a member of more than one fanforce group. Can I, for example, be a member of both Green Bay and Milwaukee since I am half way between?

9. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Milwookie FanForce is good. I may be in the minority here but I personally don't want to do things for charity like another fan group (Klingons) in the area. Some of the things I've seen them do for charity are an embarassment and I don't like to intentionally make myself look like a fool...but if others want too, that's their perogative. My interest in a fan group is people of like interest who can get together and talk indepth about it, discuss things intelligently, view the films over and over again, go to a new film together etc etc.

So people know a little bit more about me:
    Born in Nurnberg Germany to Americans (my father was in the US Army and stationed there) in 1958; married to Bruce for 20 years; no children (yeah!) but have 2 cats; fan of SW since 1977; avid reader; love history (18th century and back); both of us are 17th and 18th century reenactors; paint wargaming miniatures; aspiring author (have an unpublished SW manuscript which will probably never see the light of day due to Lucas Licensing and DelRey's neglect of new, unpublished authors); into ancient Egyptian history and mythology (have been to Egypt); LOVE Boba Fett; love RPGs (not all but certainly SW); Credit Manager at the leading yacht equipment manufacturer in the US (in Pewaukee); into real antiques; mother is a reputable antiques dealer; live 10 miles north of Oconomowoc; husband is a fencing/historical swordwork instructor so I also fence (preferred weapons are rapier and dagger).

So there you have it! Perhaps someday we will meet up!

10. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Nice to hear about you and to get to know you somewhat. Welcome to the boards. We hope you will join us at one of our meetings. I think we have a fantastic group here in Wisconsin and I see a great future for our group.

11. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Okay?? Wouldn't be: MILWOOKIEE ?????? Instead of MILWOOKIE???

12. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    It should be MILWOOKIEE as that is the correct spelling of Wookiee.

13. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Yes, it should be Milwookiee. We must tell Jedisis to change it on her newsletter.

14. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Already been done before I even finished first draft!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.