Milwookiee discussion version 8.0 (or something like that)

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by JediRacer8, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well gosh that was fun. The most activity this board has seen ........well in a very long time. I take it everyone is off now, watching Eureka. Thanks for the fun.
  2. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not Eureka - the World Series of Pop Culture is on VH1 now - very important stuff happening there. Must try to be smarter than the TV...
  3. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Wow, and I'm watching King Ralph on one of the pay channels. Teh looz iz me
  4. FennShysha Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm still at work so this provided me some minor entertainment in an otherwise craptacular day.
  5. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    WSOPC is teh best show. It makes me feel like I should go learn more important things. Like where Luxembourg is on the map. Or how to spell it correctly.
  6. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Damn, Fenn, that's a long day...
  7. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    I see another DragonCon attendee. Both DragonCon and Wizard for me this year.

Fenn, what's with the long day?
  8. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Seriously! That's got to suck.
  9. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's not April yet! You should have bailed hours ago.

I really wanted to go to Joecon. Fracking event planners planning it in Atlanta. What kind of lame con gets held in Atlanta?
  10. FennShysha Jedi Knight

star 1
    Long day yesterday and already back to work. For some reason employees want their 401(k) Plans audited because they want to make sure their employer isn't ripping them off. Why don't they just trust them so I can enjoy my summers?
  11. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
  12. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    Atlanta, pshaw. It's only a 13 hour drive. Will let you know how the DragonCon roadtrip goes.
  13. MrNepathy Jedi Padawan

Yeah, but at the end of the drive, you're in Atlanta. That's the rub.

And nothing wrong with Joe Con.
  14. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Because they're jerks.
  15. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    JediRacer8, if you stop by the Maters of the Force track, say hi...this is me.http://www.rebellegion.com/cos.asp?COSID=1758. I also did a Cermonial Leia costume. I got the dress done, now working on the belt and neckless. Kathy (the gal that is running the star wars track) is having me help out. Although if they don't get any media people I think it will become a really dull track. Thank God for the Battlestar, Joss Whedon and Star Trek treks.
  16. Snuggiwan76 Jedi Padawan

What ? Where? When?
  17. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol no no, Joss himself is not going to be there. They have a "track" dedicated to his shows. The two that played spike and Dru from Buffy are gonna be at dragoncon and Ron Glass-Shepard Book from Firefly is going to be there as well.
  18. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dang. Too bad I can't make Dragon con. The guest list just keeps getting better and better.
  19. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    spideymj, I'll be sure to check out your Leia pics. Probably not attending any panels myself though - cons are more of a big social and costuming thing for me. I tend to just loiter around a lot and spend too much money.
  20. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    LOl well they don't call it drunkincon for nothing. :p
  21. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    Drunkincon, huh? Hmmm...
  22. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, pretty much any convention that surpasses the 10,000 mark usually turns into a Drunkencon. Dragon Con, Gen Con, Origins (at least it used to be)... Odd, though - I didn't notice that much drunkenness at C3... Didn't go to C4, so I didn't see that, but not a big party crowd at C3 apparently. Well, except for us.
  23. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't remember Gen con really being on the same level that dragon con is..as far as the pure ...well drunkiness. We start consuming on Thursday afernoon and stop Sunday night or Monday morning depending on when your flight leaves. And its not just our group...its everyone. Holy crap I can not wait for dragoncon!
  24. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Maybe just my Gen Con is that way. Usually me and all the people I hang with there are pretty party happy. It always surprises me when I hear people at Gen Con don't party the whole time...
  25. Snuggiwan76 Jedi Padawan

Ahhhh James Marsters and Juliette Landau respectively. Wish I was going I would get some figures signed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.