main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mind Games (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kit' , Jan 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Kit' - I find the Dmara's memories mixed with her conversation with qui-Gon inspired writing. Keep it up.

2. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Have some confidence, Kit'! That was excellent writing, and I look forward to more...

--Mara Jade

3. Amarice

Amarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 1999
    Puts hand up I'm a lurker! I don't really mean to not post, I'm just kind of busy and I never have much to say. I'm not very good at complimenting things, so I stay quiet. It's a great story though!

4. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Okay Kit', I'm sending this to the top again.

5. Gumbi Jedi

Gumbi Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 1999
    Da**, she's on to me!!

Yes, I'm a lurker.

I'm really impressed with this story! Nice mix of pathos and characterization.

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hate upping my own work but it has never stopped me before!!

Kithera

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    lost Probably everything??? hahahah you don't know anything yet. Hello, Gumbi and Amarice nice to have you along for the trip.

On with the show.

Obi-wan sat with his back against the metal wall and tried to meditate. Tried was the word here, click, tap, drrrr.rrrrr?.rrrrrr went something against the floor. Obi-wan opened his eyes to see Dmara throwing two small dice against the floor again and again.
    "I'm sorry," she said smiling, "Did I disturb you? What are you doing anyway?"
    "Trying to meditate." Obi-wan mumbled and closed his eyes again.
    "Meditate? Why?" Dmara asked and from the tone in her voice Obi-wan knew it was only to annoy him.
    "To gain enlightenment from the force." Obi-wan really was not in the mood to go into the full explanation.
    "Oh, I see a Jedi thing." The scorn made Obi-wan bridle for a second. "Well, I suppose I am doing the same thing as you. Predicting the day." She rolled the dice again. Obi-wan sighed and relaxed he was obliviously not going to get any quite from Dmara. Three seconds later the girl realised and her grin widened.
    "How can you predict things with dice?" he asked annoyed at least she isn't being mean about your age he told himself.
    "Well, small one. The future of an entire universe may be decided on one small roll of the dice." She clicked the dice over the floor as if to illustrate her point. "Today it says that you shall have victory but only at a price."
    "What kind of prediction is that?" This time it was Obi-wan who reacted scornfully. Dmara pulled herself up and glared at him.
    "One that can only be shown to be true after the event which is more the your force does for you. You ungrateful, stupid, moronic?"
    Dmara's tirade ended as Qui-gon walked sedately into the room.
    "Obi-wan, Dmara we are almost at Romaria. The ship will drop us outside the main city as to not arouse suspicion I suggest you go and get changed."
    Dmara grabbed the bundle of clothes and left the room.
    "You dealt with that well padawan." Qui-gon said smiling as he handed Obi-wan a tunic and what looked like a bed sheet.
    "Thankyou master," Obi-wan smiled at the rare praise.

The two left separately to get changed, Obi-wan had donned the rough looking tunic but had no idea about what to do with the large square of material. There were no pants for the tunic either, thinking his master had perhaps forgotten something Obi-wan wandered back down the corridor to find Dmara, beautifully dressed tucking the square of material around Qui-gon before draping the last bit over his arm. Her short hair and been put into little curls which although not very long make a dramatic presence around her face, her face was white with some sort of makeup and her lips a cherry red colour. It looked unnatural but beautiful at the same time, her robe was saffron in colour ad done up with little clips down the arm. Dmara spoiled the effect by cracking up laughing as he entered. Qui-gon shushed her with a look.
    "Master, I fear that someone has made a mistake. There are no leggings for the tunic."
    "There aren't meant to be, only wimps of men wear leggings." She smiled "which explains why all Jedi wear them."
    Qui-gon ignored her and focused back on his padawan. "Obi-wan do you want me to help you with your toga?" he asked. Obi-wan brindled he didn't want for Dmara to tease him about not being able to put on his own clothes. But it was too late."
    "I don't think he should wear one, only boys who have come of age wear one and he is defiantly not old enough." Dmara said scornfully. By this time Obi-wan had appraised his master's new look, and decide to take the wind out of Dmara's sails.
    "That is okay, I do not want to wear one anyway." He shot back and watched in triumph as Dmara scowled, righted herself and made it look like she had only been pausing to gather breath.
    "But if we are to look like a proper farming family, then I suppose he shall have to wear one. Leggings and all."
    This time it was Obi-wan's turn to scowl.
    "Master, I don't want to wear one. I shall look like a girl." He murmured, at this Dmara started to gigg

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    All right! Excellent! I like the way Qui-Gon helps the dice along, and the fact that only "wimps" wear leggings, which explains why all Jedi wear them. Good post!

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    COOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

cool.gif

10. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Okey Dokey, time for you to post something Kit'.

I'm waiting patiently... rolleyes.gif

11. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Great post.

12. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Comes in and starts sneezing on the cobwebs while trying to clear a space.

SITH!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, I'm sorry I haven't psoted in such a long time but I have been caught up with other things (assignments and various fic squads)....but! After next monday I shouldn't have any thing left to do so I shall sit down and finish this Sithing thing off! I promise

Kithera

P.S it's the ides of March in 8 days tongue.gif

13. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Did Kit' post?
    Darn 'puter!

14. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    AAAhhhh! The Ides of of March. A bit of foreshadowing there, Kit'?? cool.gif

15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Post Kit' Post!

16. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Why won't any of the Sithing posts show up???

Soon people soon there shall be more.

Kithera

17. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999

Dmara stepped out into the cool airy breeze, the low-lying shrub land surrounded them. She watched as the ship lifted off, and followed its course until nothing could be heard except the dreary anthem of crickets. ?Why did we land so far out of town?? Obi-wan asked puzzled.
    ?Because, the Romarian?s are very suspicious people by nature and trade sanctions have been applied. Apparently the Caesar wants industry inside his own world and does not want other?s to exploit his people. Or so he says, the Romarians? export wine, and perfume that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. This has made the merchants very upset as they cannot trade with the wines?? Qui-gon paused as he realised that Dmara was laughing softly to herself.
    ?You don?t understand do you?? she asked still smiling, ?He didn?t induce trade embargo?s because he feels that Romarian culture should be kept. He did it so that the outside world could not see the army he is amassing. For you to believe all that about trade makes you Jedi as stupid as you look.?Dmara walked ahead of them down the path setting a brisk pace, she turned to look over her shoulder as she walked.

?It will take us a good few hours to reach the capital. At dusk they close the gates and you can?t get back in until dawn.? She smiled cat-like and continued her brisk pace.

Qui-gon and Obi-wan followed after them he walked slowly with his master about 20 paces behind Dmara. She seemed totally wrapped up in her own little world.
    ?Master.? Obi-wan said suddenly, ?Before with the dice, that was your doing wasn?t it??Qui-gon looked down at his padawan and put a protective hand on his shoulder
    ?Yes, I?m afraid I did. But I had to teach you that sometimes a Jedi has to sacrifice his dignity for the sake of the mission.? Qui-gon smiled and then looked up at Dmara. The black haired girl was turning into a little archway. The hill behind the arch was covered in little white stones. It was almost and eerie sight with the rows of stones forming lines over the hill like so many little ants.

?Hey Dmara!? Obi-wan yelled but she didn?t seem to hear. The followed her into the archway.

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL.

Was written in gold lettering over the archway, Dmara dropped a few coins into a box and picked some flowers. She wandered unerringly over the hill until she came to one spot. Obi-wan went to stand next to her but Qui-gon pulled him back.
    'Look at the stones.? He whispered sharply. Obi-wan looked down on each stone gold lettering proclaimed someone?s name and their date of birth. Dmara was placing flowers in the little pot next to the grave. Qui-gon pulled Obi-wan under a near by tree so that the girl could have some privacy.
    ?Master?? Obi-wan queried.
    ?Lets mediate Obi-wan we have a lot to think about and a lot to be done.? He said.
    Dmara sat in the sun letting the heat and brilliance wash over her.
    ?Oh Julius, you of all my friends I need now.? She whispered. It had been a common thing to come here and sit amongst the dead. They of all the people in Dmara?s life would never judge her. ?You were right about the Jedi, they truly are not as they seem. I need you here to guide and make fun of me. To help me now. What am I to do Julius? What am I to do? Please, help me now.? Dmara began to cry, ignoring the makeup, which smeared on her face.

Dmara heard the drums beating and looked up into the night sky, it was beautifully dark it was too early for stars yet. Here on her own home world stars never rose until long after the sun had fallen. She snuggled up into Mus and looked over at Karen who was also making her self-comfortable sitting in Julius? lap.
    ?So, Karen has told you about her childhood. What about yours?? she said teasingly to Julius. Mus was stroking her hair and Dmara put one hand lovingly to his chest. Julius just smiled at them.
    "I don?t know who my real parents were. But the first memory I have was of standing in cold dark room being beaten for doing something stupid. Every time, I yelled out the guards would tell me that animals don?t feel pain.?
    ?An

18. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Great post! Senator--lost son--hmmm. Very interesting. I liked the part about "all gave some, some gave all." Landing near the cemetary was a good way to tie in the flashbacks. Good job, now hurry up with some more!

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    GO Kit'! GO Kit'!

POST Kit'! POST Kit'!

GO Kit'! GO Kit'!

POST Kit'! POST Kit'!

MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!

20. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Oh wow, that post brought a tear to my eye.

21. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    What did you guys think of GLIL?

I watched it a few months ago, but unfortunately, the film crashed while it was near the end. But from what I saw, I though it was both a funny spoof of Shakespeare in Love and a charming fictional recreation of how GL came up with Star Wars. Now, I'll have to go watch the film in its entirety soon.

[This message has been edited by Son of the Suns (edited 03-13-2000).]

22. BenKanobe

BenKanobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Yes, SotS, its excellent! Stay for the credits... its funny!!!

23. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I've heard of this, but never actually seen it. I may have to go and download it.

24. BenKanobe

BenKanobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    One thing sucks about it. You cant download it, you have to watch it streaming.

SPOILER OF FUNNY THING IN END

ok its safe.

Hey George, check out my duck, I named him Howard!

*george smiles*

[This message has been edited by BenKanobe (edited 03-12-2000).]

25. Zutroy

Zutroy Jedi Youngling

May 14, 1999
    Does anyone have a copy of GLIL that I can play from my hard drive (ie: not streaming)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.