main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Mini Task 10] A Glimpse into the Future

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by droideka27, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Mini Task is work 1 point, due sunday night at midnight.

Let's take a look into the future.... where do you see yourself in 10 years? Married? Kids? what kind of job to you have? Where do you live?

:)

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

This thread would have played much better as a Conan O'Brien comedy bit.

AYBABTU

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Next year I'm going to attend college.
    That will take four years.
    From there, I would like to go to Law School or some sort of graduate school.
    After that, I would like to become a Lawyer.

In my personal life, I would like to be married and have kids. Probably have a house in a rural area of Mass. or RI. It would be nice to own an old house that has a few acres of land.

-Seldon

4. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Until you learn to spell and follow basic rules of grammar that should have been learned when you were eight, you can pretty much forget all of the above.

AYBABTU

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    *waits for Seldon to reply with a Bush quote*

6. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I could but then I would be wrongly accused of not understanding what I'm posting. That copying and pasting proves nothing.
    It is easy to attack the person when you have nothing to say about the topic.

7. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    10 years is a long time away. Guessing a year or two in the future would be hard enough.

Married? I have no idea. At this rate, I won't be, but things are likely to change as I start to settle down after college, and have time for such things. I only want to be married if it really is someone who I am in love with, someone who I enjoy being around, and someone who I want to spend the rest of my life with. I'm not going to get married just for the sake of getting married.

Kids? Only if I'm married.

Job... hopefully an engineering job. Good pay, awesome co-workers, doing something I enjoy.

Living... probably somewhere in Michigan, but, again, it's too early to know for sure. I hope to have a house of my own, in a nice neighborhood. It'd be nice if the majority of it was paid off too, but that probably isn't too realistic.

Schooling... I'll be done with my BS-EE degree in a little over a year. I haven't given any serious thought to grad school yet. I'd kinda like to get a higher degree, but don't know if I'd want a MBA or a Masters in some type of Engineering. It also greatly depends on whether or not my employer would help pay for the degree.

8. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Sounds good Jeff.
    From what I have heard, engineering jobs usually pay well.

-Seldon

9. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    They tend to, but money isn't everything. I'd rather get paid less and have a job I enjoy with awesome coworkers than have a better paying job that I hate going to every day, where I loathe every minute that I am there, working with people who I can't stand.

10. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I know what you're saying.
    I can't agree more.

11. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    10 years from now I plan on having my own computer business running efficiently with several of my friends. I also plan on having children by then. I'll be 38 in 10 years.

12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    10 years from now,I should be openning up my own Family Practice. Also be married, with a house of my own. Also at least one child. Working part time at Riely Children's Hospital to help pay for malpractice insurance and what not. Also on weekends playing in my reunited garage band Spang. We were the bomb in High School. I think we would be even more awesome with a Peditrician on guitar and vocals, a Rocket Scinetist on Bass and vocals, and a School teacher on Drums.

With a small fan club of old friends, who just come over to drink my drinkies and eat my food. Also my own Arcade Cabnit for DDR and one for Time Crisis 2. I would also have all the game systems ever known to man because I'm obessive that way. Also a nice Star Wars collection rivialing that of what I had when I was 3 before my brother got a hold of it. But mostly 10 years from now I'll be happy.

~PK~

13. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    upping for anyone who wants to do it still. 6 hours left!

14. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Married?

Possibly. Well, preferably. I'm afraid I'd get terribly lonely living by myself; and besides, I'd enjoy a good cuddle every night. And no, that's not some kind of sick euphemism. In fact, thanks to the shallow nature of most people, I doubt I'll have a wife anyway. Gee, thanks for that painful realisation.

Kids?

Hopefully not. Age 26 is a bit too young for having to take care of little demons, IMO. Then again, I am Catholic... oh but I forgot, no woman will sleep with me. :) Problem. solved.

what kind of job to you have?

If I can make it as a film scorer, then great. I'll probably be struggling to make a name in 10 years, though. Or I'll be some kind of crazy linguistics dude. I guess we'll see how things turn out. Mainly whether or not I can actually improve on the crap music I have in my bio.

Where do you live?

Well, if I'm the next John Williams, then sunny Southern California, of course. :) But I'd get tired of it after a while. I'm not sure I'd move back to New England, though. Depends on what my wife wants. Oh, wait...right. Maybe I'd live in France, or Scotland. [face_love] Or Missouri.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.