main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Mini-Task 8] My precious childhood object

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by droideka27, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    This mini-task is worth 2 points. Points for the task close sunday night at midnight.

Tell us about a special (favorite) stuff animal or toy that you loved very much when you were a kid.

1 point for a description of the object, or a story about it... some sort of detail.

1 point for what happened to it, where it is now, etc.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you know the drill but: responses should stay in this thread.

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

You don't think Friday is a little late in the week to be unveiling tasks?

The main task wasn't even released until late Tuesday.

AYBABTU

3. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    It's a mini task. it's supposed to take like 5-10 minutes to do it. If you don't have the time, don't do it. It's optional.

4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Its my teddy bear. I've had him since I was three. His white with red plaid patches on his ears and his feet. What I've been told is that a couple months before my grandfather died in December he had bought that bear for me. Him and my grandmother loved doing Christmas shopping early. Well by the end of October he had ended up in the hospital. That December he had past away.

That bear has stayed with me since I was three. I love that bear. I still sleep with it till this day. I don't care that I'm 21 with a stuffed animal in my bed. Its my bear and means the world to me. Its funny cause now I can't sleep without having it. Thats my reason.

~PK~

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    It was Christmas morning when I found this present. I was very young and we had just moved into a new house. I ran down stairs and vaguely remember the morning in front of the fire place. I was very young but can't remember the exact age. I was given a stuffed mouse. H had plad feet and a green and red scarf tied around his neck. He became Chris Mouse. In later years, I would annoy my mother with the mouse has I provided a high pitched voice that went along with his character. She would often come in and steal him away and throw him down the stairs as a joke. My mother and Chris were always at odds. He always annoying her, she always throwing him. In the end it prepared him for his career as a pilot, being thrown around so much in his early life. He was meant for flight.

Well I still live in that house, and he lives somewhere in my closet. I don't know the exact location. His golden years are spent among the dust mites and boxes.

-Seldon

6. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I have a cabbage patch doll named Annie. She has long brown hair in pigtails, and she's your run-of-the-mill cabbage patch doll. There was one time that I left her in an elevator in an airport, and totally freaked out because I didn't think I'd ever see her again. I think it was in Australia (the first time, not the second) so I was around 5-6 years old.

She currently lives on my bed, and I sleep with her every night I'm at home. Well, every night I'm at home and the boyfriend isn't there. Having her around freaks him out for some reason.

7. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Mine is similar to Carmen's. I have a cabbage patch doll named Cattie. She's bald and has brown eyes and her nose and the top of her head are shiny from being rubbed. She wears a beige jumper kinda thing and she has an unidentified stain on her right leg. For awhile when I was 6 or 7 she was my best friend, but then I got some human friends.
    Cattie still sleeps in bed with me, I snuggle up with her when I'm feeling vulnerable or depressed.

8. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    My favorite childhood object was probably my one-eared stuffed bunny, who was aptly named Bunny. It was a girl bunny (she had cloth-like flowers attached to her head), and by the time I was through with her she had no "fur" left and looked pretty mangled/mutated. But I loved her very much and even told people she was my girlfriend. Yeah.

She's still around, probably stashed away in one of my brother's or sisters' closets.

9. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    One Christmas, my brother and I received our first ever video game console - the Sega Genesis. It came with Sonic the Hedgehog 2. It was magical. It could play all kinds of awesome games. Like Ecco the Dolphin. And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And Toe Jam & Earl. And so on, and so on. I loved that Sega Genesis with all my heart. It brought me so much joy. And so many tears of frustration.

Prior to my 10th birthday, however, I was beginning to realize that the world of console gaming was leaving the Genesis / SNES generation for good. The Sega Saturn was short-lived, but this new "Sony PlayStation" thing looked interesting. What with the CD-ROMs and 3-D graphics!

Thankfully, my cousin Scott had already purchased a Nintendo 64, and when he showed it to me, I was immediately enamoured thereof. During the Genesis vs. SNES console wars, I had been a staunch Sega loyalist, but now it appeared as if the company was losing its momentum. I was reluctant to go with my old enemy, but I'm glad I did. I've been a staunch Nintendo loyalist ever since. I cancelled my plans to give up my Sega Genesis in favour of a Sony PlayStation, and instead received a Nintendo 64 for my birthday, along with StarFox 64 and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.

I did, however, have to sell my Sega Genesis and all the games I owned. It was a horribly sorrowing moment. However...thank the heavens for emulators and ROMs. :)

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I had a Goofy stuffed animal that I got when I went to Disney World in 7th grade. Somewhere along the line, it lost an ear. I have no idea where it is now.

Prior to that, I had a few other stuffed animals. I had Alvin, Simon and Theodore. I gave them haircuts, and it never grew back. :( I also had all four plush TMNT guys. They were awesome. We went on many fun-filled adventures together.

11. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    My precious childhood object was an antique brown teddy bear that was given to me right after I was born. I had it constantly for 13 years. Unfortunately, Hurricane Hugo came in 1989 and destroyed the utility house that contained all my bears. The water ruined the ones that didn't get blown away.

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Hi, Salty!

13. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Hi, Jefffffff!

:D

14. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I have a Pluto stuffed animal that my dad bought me the day I was born. I still have it, it is now over 26 years old, missing an ear and is very worn out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.