O.C, CA Miniatures Tournament

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by falcon_prime, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falcon_prime Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As promised. The Star Wars Miniatures Tournament.

This thread is to talk about plans to hold the Miniatures tournament. Where, When... all that. Aaron and I have discused some plans of how to run it. I know that I am exceited about it. Part of the timing issue has to do with the fact that Aaron and I are both retail managers and have a hard time getting time off... especialy when we are this close to christmas. We may be posting suggestions soon.

This thread will also post standings and stats on who used what team and how well they did. It should make for some entertaining reading as well as fun for the players to post how well they think they did.

Thanks
    Phil
  2. falcon_prime Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I would like to open this question again to all... how many people are interested in taking part in the miniatures tournament? You do not need your own set to partisapate. I have a nearly complete set that is WAY more than enough to share. All I ask is that care is taken to keep in neat.

Whos in?!?
  3. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling

star 3
    well i was going talking to Aaron and we thought the first night could be after the next meeting
  4. falcon_prime Jedi Youngling

star 1
  5. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling

star 3
    yea after the meeting since its BBQ also after the meeting is hangout time
  6. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    Why don't we to like 'training sessions' or something for now? For the people that would like to be in the tournament, but have no idea how to play. Then in January, when things slow down a bit, we can do the full blown tournament. That way, when it's time for the actual contest, you can just get to it.
  7. falcon_prime Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think I am good with that. I am only concerned with the wind blowing the cards, pips, and maps around. But I think I can make things work with only slight modifications. I'm in!
  8. the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Um...."General"............count me in
  9. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling

star 3
    it will be indoors so no worries its at my house so there will be no blowage
  10. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    Yeah, I would like a few practice rounds before the tournament. I have no one to play with in my everyday life so it would be cool to play at the bbq. =P
  11. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling

star 3
    yea i wish i had the time to play i might take it up once i pay of shanden for my cade saber and blaster =P
  12. J-of-Spades Jedi Youngling

Count me in for the tourny but Phil I will need to use your massive set as mine are all in storage and anyways I only have about 75 points in my largest team so. . . .
  13. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    you are definately in and welcome to use any from my collection.

You need to sign up on the other boards too justin.
  14. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    Is there a chance we can do this now that the holidays are over?
  15. MandalorFett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I know my son would like to participate too.
  16. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    how do these affect the game?

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swmini/swminiSBALL.jpg]
  17. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling

star 3
    those are a different part of the game =D i dont think they interact with the regular minis at all

weird it looks like they took the micro machines and put them on a base
  18. MandalorFett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I would think the ships can be integrated with the previous minis. We only have the ships, so I don't know for sure. As long as the attack and damage systems work the same, they should fit right in on some maps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.