main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Miniatures

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by MentosFreshmaker89, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MentosFreshmaker89

MentosFreshmaker89 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Dunno if this is the right forum, but I've always fancied doing miniatures of movie characters. THe problem, is I have no clue how to start. Some sources recommend sculpey, but I can't find that anywhere here. All we have is cheap children's modelling clay.

2. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    What do you mean "doing" miniatures? Figures? Vehicles? Hardware? Sculpted from scratch? Figure conversions? Store-bought kits? One of a kind? Multiple copies? You're gonna have to be more specific.

3. MentosFreshmaker89

Jun 6, 2005
    Sorry, like I said I'm not really sure of this thing. What I want are small figures of characters (Like a small Vader) sculpted from scratch, using clay. You know, to put on display, not a toy(so no moving parts, like limbs). Sorry if I wasn't being specific enough

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could also ask the question in Collecting. We have quite a few customizers and model builders that might have suggestions.

5. MentosFreshmaker89

Jun 6, 2005
    Oh, thanks, I might try that. I'm sorry that I posted in a wrong forum. Moderators, you are free to close the thread.

6. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I would recommend that you would join the RPF, cause that place could help you out alot with what you wanna do.

7. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Super Sculpey. That's what everyone uses. You can buy it at any Michael's or Hobby Lobby in the country.

8. JediRah

JediRah Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    Sculpey us fabulous stuff, you can leave it forever and it won't go hard, until you cook it- then it doesn't crack or anythign as easily as normal clay does. Have a look in craft stores for it

9. MentosFreshmaker89

Jun 6, 2005
    Thanks for the tips, I'll have a look around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.